Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 20 comments on the Dec 14, 2008, Newsday story titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#42374 Jan 2, 2014
Climate scientist wrote:
<quoted text>
None of that is true.
Your post and name are not true.

You are just another generic denier.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#42375 Jan 2, 2014
litesong wrote:
AGW scientists predicted Antarctic sea ice would increase in 2002, re-confirmed in 2005, & has occurred, as toxic topix AGW deniers like to point out, as if it wasn't an AGW scientific prediction.
You forgot the statement, "...Arctic sea ice has recovered by 60%" after the 2012 Arctic sea ice low record, of which toxic topix AGW deniers gloat that 2013 is so cold! However, it wasn't 60% as crowed about by toxic topix AGW deniers. Multiple errors designed such by toxic AGW deniers, covered the fact that Arctic sea ice AREA only recovered by 35%. A more accurate measure, monthly Arctic sea ice VOLUME compared to average monthly sea ice VOLUME measures since 2010, show only a gain of 15% in volume. Up to December 1 2013, the year, again which toxic topix AGW deniers gloated was so cold, monthly Arctic sea ice VOLUME is only 7% greater than the monthly measures since 2010.
//////////
"motheaten mothballs" muffed:
the Arcic(sic) sea ice, isn't it a good thing to have recovered from such a low amount from last year by any amount?
//////////
litesong wrote:
"motheaten mothballs" doesn't miss a beat, as it lithely steps over multiple errors of toxic topix AGW deniers, plays pollyanna, consorting to errors & making more of its own errors, EVEN THO IT USES NO MATHEMATICS THIS TIME.
Ah...... so Arctic sea ice "recovers" in winter, from its lows in late summer! What an unusual event to occur, according to touched toxic topix AGW deniers, so touched, they crowed about a 60% recovery! Which it wasn't!

Touched toxic topix AGW deniers NEED REPEAT TREATS.

Whittling their pencils, touched toxic topix AGW deniers made multiply biased calculations again & came up with 50%. Which it wasn't.

The fact is Arctic sea ice AREA only recovered by 35%, at the time touched toxic topix AGW deniers made their 60% assertion. A more accurate measure, monthly Arctic sea ice VOLUME, compared to average monthly sea ice VOLUME measures since 2010, show only a gain of 15% in VOLUME, at the time touched toxic topix AGW deniers make their 60% AREA assertion. Now, up to December 1 2013, the year, again which toxic topix AGW deniers gloated was so cold, monthly Arctic sea ice VOLUME is only 7% greater than the monthly measures since 2010.
//////////
I'm glad touched toxic topix AGW deniers continually crow about Arctic sea ice recovery, showing their non-scienced bias, their lack of science & mathematics abilities & their near total lack of science & mathematics education. I love it, I love it, I love it.
I LOVE IT..........I LOVE IT.........I LOVE IT!!!!!

“Sharia, NOT!”

Since: Jul 10

Chesapeake, VA

#42376 Jan 2, 2014
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang it's all so clear now, we have been dumber than house bricks. All those climate scientists forgot about the plants & volcanoes lets hope those still stuck in the ice in Antarctica have internet access so they can read this revelation!
And I'm sure those stranded scientists wish that the melting ice was true now! LOL
This might hurt there precious grant money now, eh? LOL
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#42377 Jan 2, 2014
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
litesong wrote:
jackass, jackass, jackass.

Go troll elsewhere.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#42378 Jan 2, 2014
Mothra wrote:
jackass, jackass, jackass.
......jackalope, jackalope, jackalope....... a mythical beast, also without science, chemistry, astronomy, physics, & pre-calc in its non-earned hi skule DEE-plooomaa.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#42379 Jan 2, 2014
Correction:
"mothra" is "motheaten mothballs".
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#42380 Jan 2, 2014
motheaten mothballs wrote:
jackass, jackass, jackass.
Touched toxic topix AGW deniers NEED REPEAT TREATS.

Whittling their pencils, touched toxic topix AGW deniers made multiply biased calculations again & came up with 50%. Which it wasn't.

The fact is Arctic sea ice AREA only recovered by 35%, at the time touched toxic topix AGW deniers made their 60% assertion. A more accurate measure, monthly Arctic sea ice VOLUME, compared to average monthly sea ice VOLUME measures since 2010, show only a gain of 15% in VOLUME, at the time touched toxic topix AGW deniers make their 60% AREA assertion. Now, up to December 1 2013, the year, again which toxic topix AGW deniers gloated was so cold, monthly Arctic sea ice VOLUME is only 7% greater than the monthly measures since 2010.
//////////
I'm glad touched toxic topix AGW deniers continually crow about Arctic sea ice recovery, showing their non-scienced bias, their lack of science & mathematics abilities & their near total lack of science & mathematics education. I love it, I love it, I love it.
I LOVE IT..........I LOVE IT.........I LOVE IT!!!!!
Mothra

Mesa, AZ

#42381 Jan 2, 2014
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>.
You're not worth reading, and I don't.

But keep posting away... take hours and hours inventing drivel. Then take a few more hours answering yourself. Hell, take the whole day and have an in depth thought provoking conversation with yourself.

I consider it a public service that I can capture your limited intelligence and as such you're not polluting all of Topix.

LOL

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#42382 Jan 2, 2014
Socialism is for Sissies wrote:
<quoted text>NO!
The reason is because the earth makes it's own adjustments inspite of man-made activity.
If there was this massive amount of CO2 then plants would flourish increasing greenery that would cool the planet. Or CO2 would create cloud cover that would cool the earth. Or volcanic activity puts ash in the atmosphere that cools the earth.
The earth is 2/3 water so any evaporation would create more water distributions that might even cool desert areas.
This is all 5th grade science.
You global warmers, climate changers are all sqealing about something that you have no control over but what to control mankind thru. It's that simple.
Are you smarter than a 5th grader?
Pathetically predictable projection.

Pretty obvious you never made it far past the 5th grade yourself, if not from the childish twaddle you think passes as science, then from your spelling.
Hey now

Los Angeles, CA

#42383 Jan 2, 2014
Global warming cancels 1/3 of Cleveland air traffic today.

12 inches of global warming snowfall on its way to the northeast.

It's not weather. It's climate. And vice versa.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#42384 Jan 2, 2014
Hey now wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandfather was one of the government weather data collectors. He said they didn't keep good records back in the 1930's or 1940's. Him and his buddies used to say "close enough for government work". Said the thermometers were sometimes broken, or in the shade or had fallen over from the week before and were not quickly repaired.
He also took to beer and wine a bit as did his other co-workers.
Jessie wrote:
My great grandfather used to record temperatures for the government from 1911 to 1933. He said they (him and his friends) used to make up numbers all the time because half of the thermometers were broken. He said it was "good enough for government work". He said he could tell within 2 or 3 degrees what the temperature was at any time.
He tended to drink a bit also.

James wrote:
There is no global warming. My grandpa used to keep those temperature records. He said him and his co-workers would just make numbers up. Said it was "close enough for government work".
He said the thermometers didn't work very well and were sometimes in the shade as trees and bushes grew. The shaded thermometers were wrong so they just picked a number that sounded good.

Joe wrote:
My great grandfather used to record temps back in 1920-1935. He said they drank wine and often made up temps for the log book. He said it was "close enough" for government work. Said everyone did it.

Either there were a lot of grandfather who were derelict in their duty, and thought nothing of fraud if it lined their pockets and served their comfort, or it's one punk telling the same story over and over.

Have you inherited the same moral outlook?
Hey now

Los Angeles, CA

#42385 Jan 2, 2014
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
Jessie wrote:
My great grandfather used to record temperatures for the government from 1911 to 1933. He said they (him and his friends) used to make up numbers all the time because half of the thermometers were broken. He said it was "good enough for government work". He said he could tell within 2 or 3 degrees what the temperature was at any time.
He tended to drink a bit also.
James wrote:
There is no global warming. My grandpa used to keep those temperature records. He said him and his co-workers would just make numbers up. Said it was "close enough for government work".
He said the thermometers didn't work very well and were sometimes in the shade as trees and bushes grew. The shaded thermometers were wrong so they just picked a number that sounded good.
Joe wrote:
My great grandfather used to record temps back in 1920-1935. He said they drank wine and often made up temps for the log book. He said it was "close enough" for government work. Said everyone did it.
Either there were a lot of grandfather who were derelict in their duty, and thought nothing of fraud if it lined their pockets and served their comfort, or it's one punk telling the same story over and over.
Have you inherited the same moral outlook?
Wow. My family heritage experience sounds consistent with that of other posters on this site. More solid evidence. It really points out the weaknesses in the credit data collection procedures. Thanks.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#42386 Jan 2, 2014
Hey now wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. My family heritage experience sounds consistent with that of other posters on this site. More solid evidence. It really points out the weaknesses in the credit data collection procedures. Thanks.
Jessie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a girl. Joe is my cousin. James is my uncle.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/global-warmin...

So how do you fit into this family tree?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#42388 Jan 2, 2014
Talking of sock puppets, rightupthemiddle and heavytunes both seem to have disappeared, along with the keyboard with the dodgy shift key.
Truth Facts

Chillicothe, OH

#42390 Jan 2, 2014
I guess they forgot to ask the climate fairy to stay away on this one.The climate fairy will return around March.You climate nut bags should just go hibernate for a few months when it starts to get warmer.
gcaveman1

Ellisville, MS

#42391 Jan 2, 2014
GORD is gone. Teener is gone.(sob) I miss them....

and ole earthling's barely hanging on, on the plain in Spain.
gcaveman1

Ellisville, MS

#42392 Jan 2, 2014
As part of my "People" series, let's see what people on the ground have to say about it all:

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/icelands-v...

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#42393 Jan 2, 2014
Truth Facts wrote:
I guess they forgot to ask the climate fairy to stay away on this one.The climate fairy will return around March.You climate nut bags should just go hibernate for a few months when it starts to get warmer.
Poor thing, you do not understand the difference between seasons and climate!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#42394 Jan 3, 2014
Climate is weather averaged over time and space.

Climate change mitigation is a hoax.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#42395 Jan 3, 2014
Interesting article about about record breaking increase in temperatures for 2013 in the southern hemisphere breaking all previous records in terms of Heat.

I thought the comment of day belonged to one clever individual which pretty much sums up all deniers. "I always thought the Heat played in Miami"&#65279;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25573712

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Bluestater 1,220,142
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 14 min Cold Front 69,691
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Truth is might 309,678
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Hiawatha 19,847
News Bradley International Airport seen as possible ... Fri Larry 1
News Memorable Nights At The Shaboo -- Courant.com (Aug '07) Apr 22 KM Philcox 148
News The 10 commandments of cancer prevention (May '09) Apr 21 Schmones 17
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]