Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 59464 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mothra

United States

#40167 Oct 3, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Your credibility was aborted before topix.. Is a new birth possible? Perhaps.. after reading the IPCC AR5???
Oh look everybody!

The dunderhead is trying to be witty.

I wonder if the epic fail will prevent another attempt.

Nope.

That dogged global warming hypocrite will continue.

Science be damned.

Or rather 'adherence to the science' be damned.

LOL

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#40168 Oct 3, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LOL. What's right with a squirrel?
Rugs lie so do you!
coming from someone who claimed Mann is a Nobel winning scientist. tsk tsk, little liar!

LOL

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#40169 Oct 3, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it didn't fail. It passed the house. Harry Reid never brought up it for a vote in the senate. If he was sure of a vote to not repeal Obamacare in the senate, then he would have brought it up for a vote.
How many times has the House tried to pass legislation to derail the Affordable Health Care Act (Almost the exact same as that introduced back in Hillary days by the Republicans)? 40 times?

If a clean budget bill were brought to a vote in the House it would probably pass. Why don't they allow that? Because they know there is no other way they can kill "Obama Care". No the extremists want to kill a bill duly passed and signed into law by attaching it to a budget bill and hold the Nation hostage. Pass a clean bill.

Put the Nation above Party.
Mothra

United States

#40170 Oct 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>coming from someone who claimed Mann is a Nobel winning scientist. tsk tsk, little liar!
LOL
Let me fix that for you:

coming from someone who claimed Mann is a Nobel winning scientist over and over and over and over again. tsk tsk, little liar!
LOL

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#40171 Oct 3, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look everybody!
The dunderhead is trying to be witty.
I wonder if the epic fail will prevent another attempt.
Nope.
That dogged global warming hypocrite will continue.
Science be damned.
Or rather 'adherence to the science' be damned.
LOL
Lately the little rodent is running neck and neck with litesong as the lead moron.

Location hidden

#40172 Oct 3, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
The House passed a budget months ago. Why did Harry Reid sit on it for so long?
Had he dealt with this at an appropriate time, then House Republicans wouldn't have the leverage they have now.
Don't blame the House for taking advantage of Reid's incompetence.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Pucker up.
btw, "hostage"? Liberals have latched onto a whole plethora of nasty rhetoric of late that screams of desperation... and lemmings.
Perhaps repealing Obamacare is a legitimate option but there are not the votes to do it right now. Then Even if both Houses did, the President would veto it. Continued insistence that this demand be met will simply extend the shutdown and heighten concerns that the impasse might also result in a failure to raise the debt limit. Holding the Nation hostage is a stupid tactic.

Location hidden

#40173 Oct 3, 2013
Mayor Gloomberg wrote:
Does the tea party history in 4th grade history books depress democrats?
I thought it was a vital piece of American history.
Freedom! Liberty!
(created equal, not equality of lifestyles and results)

The Tea Party minority today wants to submit their control upon the Nation by any means. They are attempting to take away the freedoms of anyone who does not agree with them. We have a process for deterining our desteny. The TP folks want to circumvent that by holding the Nation hostage.
Cut n Paste

Eden Prairie, MN

#40174 Oct 3, 2013
Retired Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Not long ago a preacher told me, "We shouldn't have to worry about Global Warming if if it is real, which it is not. The Rapture is coming any time now."
It tool all of my self control to keep from hitting the stupid asshole.
LOL!

My Apocalypse can beat up your Rapture!

...Perfect :-P
Cut n Paste

Eden Prairie, MN

#40175 Oct 3, 2013
OMG! The second coming of "The Carbon" is nigh.
Mothra

United States

#40176 Oct 3, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps repealing Obamacare is a legitimate option but there are not the votes to do it right now. Then Even if both Houses did, the President would veto it. Continued insistence that this demand be met will simply extend the shutdown and heighten concerns that the impasse might also result in a failure to raise the debt limit. Holding the Nation hostage is a stupid tactic.
.... and you completely ignored how the Senate failed in it's responsibility on the budget.
Mayor Gloomberg

Corona Del Mar, CA

#40178 Oct 3, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Party minority today wants to submit their control upon the Nation by any means. They are attempting to take away the freedoms of anyone who does not agree with them. We have a process for deterining our desteny. The TP folks want to circumvent that by holding the Nation hostage.
Actually, they seem like a good group of people that want a limited government, equal opportunity, immigration laws followed, taxes, fees and fines that are not confiscatory and transparency. They are really pretty nice people!

Location hidden

#40179 Oct 3, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
.... and you completely ignored how the Senate failed in it's responsibility on the budget.
What are you talking about? The Ryan Bill? It was rejected soundly, even some Republican Senators rejected it. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is a lack of intelligence. It is the responsibility of the House to finance the spending bills.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40180 Oct 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>coming from someone who claimed Mann is a Nobel winning scientist. tsk tsk, little liar[name caller]!
LOL
Fait accompli!

The rug is still under you,

You lie like the rug under you, LOL.

Hahahaha

Location hidden

#40181 Oct 3, 2013
Mayor Gloomberg wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they seem like a good group of people that want a limited government, equal opportunity, immigration laws followed, taxes, fees and fines that are not confiscatory and transparency. They are really pretty nice people!
I am sure that some have an altruistic sentiment. I even agree with many of their ideals. However, we have a process in America that involves everyone. If an idea is rejected, to hold the Nation hostage by crippling the economy is not exactly altruistic.....
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40182 Oct 3, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me fix that for you:
coming from someone who claimed Mann is a Nobel winning scientist over and over and over and over again. tsk tsk, little liar[name calling]!
LOL
You are not that good!

Ask your partner to translate my last post..
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40183 Oct 3, 2013
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>Lately the little rodent[name calling] is running neck and neck with litesong as the lead moron[name calling].
Fait accompli!

Read and translate my last post to your partner..'cause you two are not big enough for one post!
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40184 Oct 3, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. we have a process in America that involves everyone......
Keep saying it until it works, huh..

They have tried to unravel the healthcare promise before it even takes effect more than 41 times..
kristy

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#40185 Oct 3, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times has the House tried to pass legislation to derail the Affordable Health Care Act (Almost the exact same as that introduced back in Hillary days by the Republicans)? 40 times?
If a clean budget bill were brought to a vote in the House it would probably pass. Why don't they allow that? Because they know there is no other way they can kill "Obama Care". No the extremists want to kill a bill duly passed and signed into law by attaching it to a budget bill and hold the Nation hostage. Pass a clean bill.
Put the Nation above Party.
The House didn't try to pass a bill, they DID pass a bill 40 times. Harry read has tabled the bill from the house 40 times....never has allowed the senate to vote on it. Now tell me how this is a democratic process? The majority of Americans don't like Obamacare before and after it was enacted and Harry Reid REFUSES to let these voices have a say. Harry Reid is the one that got us into this mess, if he had at least let the senate vote on the bills sent from the house, the GOP would not be attaching the delay in the individual mandate to this CR. It seems Harry Reid is the main problem in most everything with our government. He does not allow votes or debate. He even tabled a bipartisan gun bill to make it harder for those with mental illness to get a gun.
kristy

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#40186 Oct 3, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
However, we have a process in America that involves everyone.
Then why doesn't Harry Reid allow the senate to vote?

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#40187 Oct 3, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Fait accompli!
a "mea culpa" would've helped your cause, but if you insist on continual lies....nothing I can do to help you, son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min John Galt 1,382,669
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Obamas Hometown 20,281
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Truth is might 311,142
News Suspect Had Quit Rehab (Mar '08) 15 hr Ken Burke 135
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 hr Ize Found 70,600
News West Hartford Seniors Win Gold At State Table T... Mon Coolstory 1
News Shots Fired After Bank Robbery, Police Chase In... (Mar '08) Mon JoeBakRotsInHell 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages