Once slow-moving threat, global warmi...

Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

There are 62352 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 14, 2008, titled Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt.... In it, Newsday reports that:

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Mothra

United States

#39990 Sep 30, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don’t think you even read the article. The whole point was our carbon emissions decreased not because of carbon pricing but because of market forces. CHEAP GAS.
The rest of your diatribe makes no sense. I’m not against the capitalist system. I’m against those who say the capitalist system is the cause of all our problems.
I'm noticing that Oz keeps twisting the arguments into anti-capitalistic rants.

The global warming movement attracts all kinds.

From the truly devoted -- caveman...
to the strident -- hype...
to the wannabe -- spacey...
to the envious -- Oz...
to the liberal hacks -- bozo...
to the loony -- litesong.

Seems to be just a 'movement' of convenience for most to latch onto and spew their favorite talking points.
Mothra

United States

#39991 Sep 30, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Eliminating government subsidies? That is definitely a good 'fix' for high losses to the public from 'protecting' the parasites. You must be one of the money suckers, aggrieved that you aren't getting someone else's money to compensate you for risky behavior?
I notice that most denialists are motivated by money issues. Either fossil fuel stock investment or a desire for someone else to pay the bill for their pleasure.
blah, blah, blah....

Never mind the government 'fix' didn't.

Run along... I'm sure there's some other trivial niche on the internet you can rant on.
Mothra

United States

#39992 Sep 30, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, John Holdren? LOL. None of his predictions have been even close to being right.
They don't ever have to be right. They only need to be 95% confident that sometime they might be.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#39993 Sep 30, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you brought that up again.
Good 'ol Al is trampling the 'science' he trumpets, but from the warmists, any criticism?
Nope.
Moth-eaten, is that your only whinny argument?

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#39994 Sep 30, 2013
The major driver of global warming is not co2....it's the UN!

Lol

http://globalnews.ca/news/868787/why-the-ipcc...

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#39995 Sep 30, 2013

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#39996 Sep 30, 2013
I want to take this opportunity to than the IPCC for their latest assessment. Now the world can clearly see what a group of bogus bureaucrats these gallows birds really are!!!

Lol

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-24384...
kristy

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#39998 Sep 30, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm noticing that Oz keeps twisting the arguments into anti-capitalistic rants.
The global warming movement attracts all kinds.
From the truly devoted -- caveman...
to the strident -- hype...
to the wannabe -- spacey...
to the envious -- Oz...
to the liberal hacks -- bozo...
to the loony -- litesong.
Seems to be just a 'movement' of convenience for most to latch onto and spew their favorite talking points.
Oz loves China. He needs to get a T-shirt that says Oz hearts China.
kristy

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#39999 Sep 30, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't ever have to be right. They only need to be 95% confident that sometime they might be.
Even if they are never right, they will be right. That's pretty much how it works. They hold John Holdren up as some person to listen to even though he has never been right in his entire life.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#40000 Sep 30, 2013
kristy wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if they are never right, they will be right. That's pretty much how it works. They hold John Holdren up as some person to listen to even though he has never been right in his entire life.
Better than 5% confidence that they are wrong.....
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#40001 Sep 30, 2013
B as in B S as in S wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly... If you don't like the planet and It's weather ~leave!
Otherwise, stop TRYING to change our planet and embrace the benefits of a warmer climate.
Why are deniers so dumb and blind? This forum is about the man-made global warming and thus climate changing.

You as a denier are trying to change MY planet. Read the new report by the UN. Then respond with a little know-how of who's doing what.

Good grief!
Mothra

United States

#40002 Sep 30, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya' know... I can bring it up as often as you do.

So tell me... where's the criticism for Al Gore's carbon footprint? For Obama's?

The hypocrisy is all yours.

Revel in it.
Mothra

United States

#40003 Sep 30, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Why are deniers so dumb and blind? This forum is about the man-made global warming and thus climate changing.
You as a denier are trying to change MY planet. Read the new report by the UN. Then respond with a little know-how of who's doing what.
Good grief!
Too late! The UN report was put to better use lining a bird cage... or a litter box.

Run along, mr no-credibility.
SpaceBlues

United States

#40004 Sep 30, 2013
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>To another:

It loves to whine and deny!

It is definitely an addiction.
SpaceBlues

United States

#40005 Sep 30, 2013
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Too late! The UN report was put to better use lining a bird cage... or a litter box.
Run along, mr no-credibility[name calling].
Whine and deny!

You are a traitor to the human race..
Mothra

United States

#40006 Sep 30, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Troll.
LoLbama

Fitchburg, MA

#40007 Sep 30, 2013
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Whine and deny!
You are a traitor to the human race..
Ironically, if you didn't agree with the 2007 IPCC report, you were a flat earther and holocaust denier.

Now that the IPCC doesn't agree with their 2007 report, does that make them a flat earth society of holocaust deniers?
kristy

New Smyrna Beach, FL

#40010 Sep 30, 2013
LessHypeMoreFact wrote:
<quoted text>
Eliminating government subsidies? That is definitely a good 'fix' for high losses to the public from 'protecting' the parasites. You must be one of the money suckers, aggrieved that you aren't getting someone else's money to compensate you for risky behavior?
I notice that most denialists are motivated by money issues. Either fossil fuel stock investment or a desire for someone else to pay the bill for their pleasure.
The losses have nothing to do with AGW, but instead it was that our government that subsidized flood insurance, thus encouraging development in flood-prone areas. The federal government is basically the sole provider for flood insurance, not private insurance companies. When you make the insurance cheap for high risk areas, then you get development where there never should have been any and then that leads to increases losses which then have to be paid out by the federal government. If the insured had to pay the real cost of the insurance to live in a flood-prone area, they wouldn't build in that area. The government has suffered severe losses paying out claims after encouraging the development of these areas. Now they are getting rid of the subsidies and the people who want to live in these areas will now have to pay the price themselves instead of all us subsidizing their stupidity.
SpaceBlues

Dallas, TX

#40011 Sep 30, 2013
LoLbama wrote:
<quoted text>
Ironically, if you didn't agree with the 2007 IPCC report, you were a flat earther and holocaust denier.
Now that the IPCC doesn't agree with their 2007 report, does that make them a flat earth society of holocaust deniers?
No, LOL, it makes them keepers of science sense.

Science progresses, new assessment arrives! Lucky us to move on to action.
SpaceBlues

Dallas, TX

#40012 Sep 30, 2013
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Good grief[sic] space[sic] boy[name calling] why don't you just follow Snowdon's foot steps an[sic] go[?] tell Russia about us[sic] denier slimbags.
I have to tell ya[sic] before you pack your baggage[?] go[?] good luck in Siberia....lol
UN is a big joke spaceboy[name calling] it's run by dicktaterssic] get a clue.LMAO
You must be a servant of Russia per your post.

Siberia is defrosting under the artificial CO2 malady while you whine and deny, unsunny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,460,057
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 min silly rabbit 312,851
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 71,239
News Desperate debtors are ripe targets (Aug '08) 14 hr I Am The Problem 130
News Motorcyclist Critically Injured (May '08) 15 hr you are animals 96
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Thu IB DaMann 7,947
News MySpace `Predator' Gets 20-Year Prison Sentence... (Jul '07) Dec 6 myspace 12

Wethersfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wethersfield Mortgages