Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday

When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore.
Comments
33,541 - 33,560 of 46,239 Comments Last updated 16 hrs ago

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Retired Farmer wrote:
I suppose that if you had been around in the 1860s you would have said, "Railroads don't work, that's why the government has to subsidize building them."
Railroads have been experimentally tested, climate change mitigation hasn't. See the difference?
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

b_gone has no proof for its lies .. that span five years and 40,880 posts.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Hansen does not distort but you do here.
Blessed are the keepers of the faith.
Retired Farmer

Kuttawa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Railroads have been experimentally tested, climate change mitigation hasn't. See the difference?
I was referring to your statement, "Green energy doesn't work, that's why the government has to pay people to use it."

Today's green energy technology has been tested and proven not only experimentally but in actual use at least as much and probably more than railroads were in 1850 when Congress chartered the Illinois Central, the prototype land grant subsidized railroad in the U.S.A.

One of the reasons that the government subsidized building of the transcontinental railroad in the 1860s because private investors could not be convinced that it would ever make a profit in part because the IC did not make one in its early years.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
<quoted text>
Blessed are the keepers of the faith.
Another distortion by you. You are corrupt to the core!
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

b_gone is all nothing but corrupt.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Retired Farmer wrote:
I was referring to your statement, "Green energy doesn't work, that's why the government has to pay people to use it." Today's green energy technology has been tested and proven not only experimentally but in actual use at least as much and probably more than railroads were in 1850 when Congress chartered the Illinois Central, the prototype land grant subsidized railroad in the U.S.A. One of the reasons that the government subsidized building of the transcontinental railroad in the 1860s because private investors could not be convinced that it would ever make a profit in part because the IC did not make one in its early years.
The government granted land, not cash. Green energy is nothing like the railroads which use fossil fuel.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
I make my arguments without insulting other posters; ad hominem arguments are fallacies. Learn to deal with reason; you'll learn more.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Retired Farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
I was referring to your statement, "Green energy doesn't work, that's why the government has to pay people to use it."
Today's green energy technology has been tested and proven not only experimentally but in actual use at least as much and probably more than railroads were in 1850 when Congress chartered the Illinois Central, the prototype land grant subsidized railroad in the U.S.A.
One of the reasons that the government subsidized building of the transcontinental railroad in the 1860s because private investors could not be convinced that it would ever make a profit in part because the IC did not make one in its early years.
Correct, some projects go beyond the scope of any private company. When a whole economy is built around fossil fuels then you will not change that overnight if at all. Like all the shootings did not change the mind of government reps for better gun control. So nor will a massive drought, flood, storms coming year after year doing untold damage convince them to change course either. You will see planet treasures like the Amazon get destroyed, the Barrier reef will disappear and we will be still arguing about it.
But like I said in changing course you build an economy around green it is not a threat to capitalism at all, because a greenie could end up the next Bill Gates.
Retired Farmer

Kuttawa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, some projects go beyond the scope of any private company. When a whole economy is built around fossil fuels then you will not change that overnight if at all. Like all the shootings did not change the mind of government reps for better gun control. So nor will a massive drought, flood, storms coming year after year doing untold damage convince them to change course either. You will see planet treasures like the Amazon get destroyed, the Barrier reef will disappear and we will be still arguing about it.
But like I said in changing course you build an economy around green it is not a threat to capitalism at all, because a greenie could end up the next Bill Gates.
I am a gun owner and a member of the NRA. I vehemently oppose what most people call "better gun control." I am of the opinion that the best way to prevent shootings is for more people to have a gun and shoot the shooter.

That said, I fully agree with you about green energy.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I make my arguments without insulting other posters; ad hominem arguments are fallacies. Learn to deal with reason; you'll learn more.
LOL.

You have no arguments but lies as insults just as stated by many about you before. You are paid to post for fossil-fuel interests; thus, you are nothing but all corrupt.

Oh you never admonish your ilk for their posting. Duh!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Fossil fuel users pay far more in taxes than any supposed subsidy. Why don't you cite one of your imagined fossil fuel tax subsidies? Do you think all the money earned by producing fossil fuels belongs to the government?
<quoted text>Green energy doesn't work, that's why the government has to pay people to use it.
FF subsidies and tax breaks are everywhere! I'm surprised that you're as ignorant of them as you are of everything else, since you're in the business.

Saying green energy doesn't work lowers you down to another level of STUPIDITY!
gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

I'm just one little guy in this great country.

If everybody in the nation cut their HVAC bill in half like I have, what a wonderful place this would be.

Plus, my hard earned dollars go farther, and that's basic economics that's beyond the pay grade of most deniers.

Have a nice night, losers.

http://science.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/29/1...
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
Alcohol is not for everyone.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>LOL.
You have no arguments but lies as insults just as stated by many about you before. You are paid to post for fossil-fuel interests; thus, you are nothing but all corrupt.
Oh you never admonish your ilk for their posting. Duh!
Yes, he earns millions posting to a skilled 'cut n paste' follower of The Catastrophic Climate Change Cult And you sit there surrounded by his fellow Lone Star Millionaires. One must love the irony.
Dont drink the koolaid

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

I await further proof of CAGW. If you have no proof of CAGW please substitute an insult.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Dont drink the koolaid wrote:
I await further proof of CAGW. If you have no proof of CAGW please substitute an insult.
Proof to you guys is no proof at all. You might view the video link about a book published on Denial-ism: How Irrational Thinking Harms the Planet and Threatens Our Lives. It covers everything from vaccines to other scientific achievements. With the point being if Electricity had just been invented and the first two products that came off the line were the elec chair and a cattle prod. Would you be one of the crowd to have it banned ?

“EnvironMENTAList ”

Since: Feb 07

Near Detroit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>What! I've never done those things but you have in these threads. I'm NOT you!
I was correct you are a certifiable nut.
Condemning my kids to a CO2 CLIMATE CRISIS from Human CO2 IS a CO2 death threat but you wouldn't understand because this fear mongering you remaining doomers do comes just so easily to you. You act like ignorant neocons.
SpaceBlues

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

mememine69 wrote:
<quoted text>Condemning my kids to a CO2 CLIMATE CRISIS from Human CO2 IS a CO2 death threat but you wouldn't understand because this fear mongering you remaining doomers do comes just so easily to you. You act like ignorant neocons.
You are the one condemning all the kids and their future to a global climate change and its consequences because you deny all the harm that comes from fossil fuel burning.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

gcaveman1 wrote:
FF subsidies and tax breaks are everywhere! I'm surprised that you're as ignorant of them as you are of everything else, since you're in the business. Saying green energy doesn't work lowers you down to another level of STUPIDITY!
Can you cite any fossil fuel subsidy or tax break other U-E manufactures don't get? Do you believe all the revenues from fossil fuel belong to the government?

Green energy doesn't work. Have you read about the newest solar plane that goes 40mph, takes 10 days downtime for each flight and can't fly through a cloud?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Wethersfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wethersfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wethersfield People Search