Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 49,203
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#33076 Dec 13, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
No fear.
The Chinese can't innovate.
They steal others' intellectual property and innovations instead.
They don't need to innovate. We have made it so they can produce our goods. The big companies get around our environment and humanitarian considerations by taking their business to a country that does not value them. These companies are un-American. It is all about money.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33077 Dec 13, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
The big companies get around our environment and humanitarian considerations by taking their business to a country that does not value them. These companies are un-American. It is all about money.
& for little money, we let the chinese communists(always small letters) steal away A123. The chinese communists, who murdered, tortured & starved 100 million of their own Chinese citizens, crow that the technology is now, all theirs. Yeah, just like evil chinese communists(always small letters) to crow, & think they have it all. Just like transplanted euros(americans) to give away things & not know what they give.

Since: Aug 08

Lynnwood, WA

#33078 Dec 13, 2012
teddy r stupid wrote:
The Chinese can't innovate.
Without innovation, they have soared past us, producing far more scientists, engineers, technologists, & massive ideas. Wait till they start innovating.

& that's what we do..... wait!
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33079 Dec 13, 2012
phdudd wrote:
So big corporations that moved to china was due to them stealing.
Of course. All corporations moving to communist china, should have left all american property developed in the U.S., both physical & intellectual, in the U.S.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33080 Dec 14, 2012
litesout wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. All corporations moving to communist china, should have left all american property developed in the U.S., both physical & intellectual, in the U.S.
You haven't answered the question. Maybe you need to turn your liteson.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#33081 Dec 14, 2012
PHD wrote:
So big corporations that moved to china was due to them stealing.How does that work do explain.
That's your claim, not my words. That's for you to explain yourself.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33082 Dec 14, 2012
litesong wrote:
All corporations moving to communist china, should have left all american property developed in the U.S., both physical & intellectual, in the U.S.
/////////
phdudd wrote:
You haven't answered the question.
//////////
litesong wrote:
Yes, I did answer. But phdudd is too stupid & hooked on his ego to see the answer.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#33083 Dec 14, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't need to innovate. We have made it so they can produce our goods. The big companies get around our environment and humanitarian considerations by taking their business to a country that does not value them. These companies are un-American. It is all about money.
Of course it's "all about money.' Where did you come by the bizarre idea that things were, or should be, otherwise?

Putting aside non-profits and those with some explicitly-stated humanitarian or charitable corporate mission, the sole purpose of a business is to maximize its shareholders' wealth, and its sole duty is to obey all applicable laws and regs. Period.

The notion that businesses have any other responsibility to pursue "American" interests or environmental or humanitarian missions is frankly naive nonsense. If these things help them maximize shareholder wealth, they can and generally will (if well-managed) do them. If not, not they shouldn't - and generally don't. One may as well expect a pig to sing.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33084 Dec 14, 2012
litesout wrote:
litesout wrote:
All corporations moving to communist china, should have left all american property developed in the U.S., both physical & intellectual, in the U.S.
/////////
phdudd wrote:
You haven't answered the question.
//////////
litesout wrote:
Yes, I did answer. But phdudd is too stupid & hooked on his ego to see the answer.
No you haven't but youíre more stupid to think that you could ever answer any question without that cut and paste thing you do.Hay you forgot always small letter.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#33085 Dec 14, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
& for little money, we let the chinese communists(always small letters) steal away A123. The chinese communists, who murdered, tortured & starved 100 million of their own Chinese citizens, crow that the technology is now, all theirs. Yeah, just like evil chinese communists(always small letters) to crow, & think they have it all. Just like transplanted euros(americans) to give away things & not know what they give.
Well, before we get our panties in too tight a twist, let's recognize that in this case the Chinese didn't "steal" A123 or its intellectual property (although they probably already had stolen much of their tech, ideas, and innovation thru corporate espionage), they bought A123's assets for $256.6 million at a bankruptcy court-supervised auction fair & square, out-bidding Johnson Controls, Japan's NEC, and Germany's Siemens.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33086 Dec 14, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, before we get our panties in too tight a twist, let's recognize that in this case the Chinese didn't "steal" A123 or its intellectual property (although they probably already had stolen much of their tech, ideas, and innovation thru corporate espionage), they bought A123's assets for $256.6 million at a bankruptcy court-supervised auction fair & square, out-bidding Johnson Controls, Japan's NEC, and Germany's Siemens.
I agree but your posting to("litesout") an empty chair.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#33087 Dec 14, 2012
The Air Force's X-37B successfully launched back into space on an unknown mission of an unknown time. Last mission was 7 months.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33088 Dec 14, 2012
The Air Force X-37B is moving faster than global warming.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#33089 Dec 14, 2012
litewit wrote:
<quoted text>
Without innovation, they have soared past us, producing far more scientists, engineers, technologists, & massive ideas. Wait till they start innovating.
& that's what we do..... wait!
I'm not worried. Producing far more scientists, engineers, technologists? Absolutely - thay have. Armies of 'em. Armies of very dutiful and dedicated automatons implementing others' innovations at slave wages, 24/7/365 with no bathroom breaks.

Ideas? Not so much. Nothing truly original. Name one specific and significant scientific, engineering, or technical innovation that's originated from China if you disagree. There might be one or two exceptions, I suppose. Even the Chinese secret police aren't perfect; they might have let an independent and brilliant individual mind slip thru their fingers, I suppose.

Successful innovation requires a culture that embraces, celebrates, and rewards the nonconformist, free-thinking individual and protects their rights to freely speak out and publish ideas and thoughts that challenge imperial and Party authority and conventional dogma.

No danger the ChiComs will be producing very many individuals of that nature this century at least - they've invested 3000 years refining the suppression, control, and extermination of thought and speech from free individuals who dare to challenge imperial authority into a high art.

Teddy R

Houston, TX

#33090 Dec 14, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>I agree but your posting to("litesout") an empty chair.
No worries.

Outside of serial/recidivist Trolls (who are properly ignored altogether), I'm an equal-opportunity poster.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#33091 Dec 14, 2012
Hey, Teddy, the Chinese characters.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#33092 Dec 14, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
Hey, Teddy, the Chinese characters.
Now there's a wonderfully instructuve example of Chinese NON-innovation that proves my point. Thanks for citing it.

The first human written languages pretty much all were based upon various forms of pictograms - cuneiform, Sumerian, Egyptian hieroglyphics, Chinese pictograms and their various Asian derivatives (Japanese, Korean)- the list goes on and on. Wonderfully inventive creatures, in their time.

But thousands of years ago, most every culture on the planet abandoned cumbersome, impreceise, and clumsy pictograms in favor of the much more versatile and efficient phonetic alphabets that now dominate Human written communication.

That is, except for the Chinese.

Unable as a culture to stomach free innovation and all those things that come in the bargain, because they generally repudiate the Confucian values that have kept China stuck in a feudal stage, they are still using methods of written communication (i.e., pictograms) that were rendered obsolete a thousand years ago.

To be fair, one of the major obstacles that prevented China from dropping pictograms and moving to a modern phonetic alphabet was the fact that until the last century, while China shared a single written language (reserved to those literate few who were educated and could write), there were something like 200 different spoken languages in various areas of China. This made it impractical for them to effect a single written language based upon a phonetic alphabet. Since the PRC founding in 1949, the Chinese made great strides in promoting literacy and instruction of young people in a single uniform spoken form of Chinese (pudonghua, a simplified Mandarin), and today most educated Chinese do now share a single spoken Chinese language.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33093 Dec 14, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries.
Outside of serial/recidivist Trolls (who are properly ignored altogether), I'm an equal-opportunity poster.
Sure you do. It incites you to read a response well than donít read it. Trolls oh yes we are as well as you.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#33094 Dec 14, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Sure you do. It incites you to read a response well than donít read it. Trolls oh yes we are as well as you.
Your point here, if indeed you had one, is lost somewhere amongst the fractured syntax and spelling/punctuation errors.

Would you like to try that one again in English this time? Or would you prefer I just ignore you?
PHD

Overton, TX

#33095 Dec 14, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
<quoted text>
Your point here, if indeed you had one, is lost somewhere amongst the fractured syntax and spelling/punctuation errors.
Would you like to try that one again in English this time? Or would you prefer I just ignore you?
Ah the privilege of living in a free America. You can make that choice unless you would like me to make it for you. Sorry the simple English language confuses you. And your point if indeed you had one would be? Well not only fractured but fragmented as well. If this were an spelling grammer thread than maybe an extra effort would be appropriate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 18 min shinningelectr0n 1,154,038
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 306,984
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Will Dockery 19,552
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 71,015
Mix-And-Match Home Design (Mar '08) Fri William Walker 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Fri TRD 68,882
Nassau County Court and Family Court judges (Nov '08) Thu Careless Crecca 69
Wethersfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:14 pm PST