Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds up, leaving litt...

Full story: Newsday 46,981
When Bill Clinton took office in 1993, global warming was a slow-moving environmental problem that was easy to ignore. Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#33029 Dec 7, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
More hysteria from World Nut Daily. Unemployment is now lower than when President GWB left office.
If you don't count all the people who have gave up looking for work.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33030 Dec 7, 2012
flack wrote:
If you don't count all the people who have gave up looking for work.
As they were NOT doing, also in the time of Bush.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#33031 Dec 7, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
As they were NOT doing, also in the time of Bush.
Except unemployment was 4.4% and anybody not working was either ill or didn't want to work. Wasn't many people giving up looking for work back then. Heck there wasn't a week went by somebody was offering me more money or benefits if I would just go to work for them. There was not enough people to fill all the jobs. You libtards and your revisionist history will not stand with me.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33032 Dec 7, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Except unemployment was 4.4% and anybody not working was either ill or didn't want to work. Wasn't many people giving up looking for work back then. Heck there wasn't a week went by somebody was offering me more money or benefits if I would just go to work for them. There was not enough people to fill all the jobs. You libtards and your revisionist history will not stand with me.
The lightsout is correct on this one. Your statement is factually incorrect.
Teddy R

Houston, TX

#33033 Dec 7, 2012
And folks are worried about the environmental consequences of a little CO2 ...

There are bigger and more immediate threats to the environment -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/06/c...
LessFactMoreHype

Spain

#33034 Dec 8, 2012
Teddy R wrote:
And folks are worried about the environmental consequences of a little CO2 ...
There are bigger and more immediate threats to the environment -
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/dec/06/c...
This is disgusting, we must invade China and put a stop to cheap products.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33035 Dec 8, 2012
LessFactMoreHype wrote:
<quoted text>This is disgusting, we must invade China and put a stop to cheap products.
You first and tell all how that works for you. Here’s a clue stop buying their product if you’re concerned.

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#33036 Dec 8, 2012
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
So let's end the government subsidy of large SUVs and start taxing the living hell out of them instead, as sane countries do. By the way, there's a more apt name for those "brush guards"; some call them kid shredders.
And while they are at it they can also end the subsities for EV's and hybrids and tax them as well. Actually, just ended the subsities on EV's and hybrids would kill them far faster than your tax on SUVs. After all, not everyone lives in places where every road is paved or has access to public transportation and sometimes needs the capabilites of a SUV for towing a camper or a boat or plowing snow.

As for those sane countries, are they not the same ones now experiencing problems with a lack of money and a lack of a source of money. How insane things are now in those "sane" countries.

Norfolk va

#33037 Dec 8, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Said that already 'tiny-minded anne'. Guess you don't know the difference between 'g-forces' & 'g-strings'.
G-force, the amount of gravitational force a mass experiences.

G-string, useless undergarment, a string on a musical instrument with a set pitch at 196 hertz.

Can you prove you are equally knowledgeable about how many people die in those little cars vs other cars and unmovable objects like trees?

Norfolk va

#33038 Dec 8, 2012
PHD wrote:
<quoted text>Are you sure the dirtling isn't in your back yard? That would be its mountain hideaway for sure. The once runner up for your position of the Less than a Box of Rocks award.
Sorry, but the only mount in twenty miles is Mount Trashmore which is nothing more than a pile of dirt covering a old land fill. Which might be a good place for you to live except is is a public park.

Actually, he could stay with my family if he wants. We do have a guest bedroom and have people stay over often. Usually a child of a friend who needs someone to watch them while they are out of town.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#33040 Dec 8, 2012
Northie wrote:
So let's end the government subsidy of large SUVs and start taxing the living hell out of them instead, as sane countries do. By the way, there's a more apt name for those "brush guards"; some call them kid shredders.
I call them fenders.

Stop higher taxes, stop wasteful government spending and reform taxes and entitlements.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

#33041 Dec 8, 2012
tina anne wrote:
Can you prove you are equally knowledgeable about how many people die in those little cars vs other cars and unmovable objects like trees?
Even when americans didn't care about safety(they pretend now), they drove big cars that isolated people from the road & the environment around them. Never did understand.
Actual car enthusiasts love driving vehicles that let them feel like they belong to the planet. Of course, the greatest example are the motorcycle riders. When I was riding, loved the harmony & vitality the land gave to me.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

#33042 Dec 8, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
G-force, the amount of gravitational force a mass experiences.
G-string, useless undergarment, a string on a musical instrument with a set pitch at 196 hertz.
g-whiz!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#33043 Dec 8, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but the only mount in twenty miles is Mount Trashmore which is nothing more than a pile of dirt covering a old land fill. Which might be a good place for you to live except is is a public park.
Actually, he could stay with my family if he wants. We do have a guest bedroom and have people stay over often. Usually a child of a friend who needs someone to watch them while they are out of town.
I'm over in Chesapeake by the Ford plant site.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33045 Dec 8, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
My My you live next to a land fill. That explains most of your brain issues. Sorry for the child that is being watched by you. The parrents should be held for child abuse.Now go back to your land fill and suck up another dose of methane.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33048 Dec 9, 2012
Less than a Box of Rocks AKA "tina"

Norfolk va

#33049 Dec 10, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
Even when americans didn't care about safety(they pretend now), they drove big cars that isolated people from the road & the environment around them. Never did understand.
Actual car enthusiasts love driving vehicles that let them feel like they belong to the planet. Of course, the greatest example are the motorcycle riders. When I was riding, loved the harmony & vitality the land gave to me.
Actually, people drive cars to move from one place to another. Drive from home to the store, to work. Haul materials such as groceries, wood, building supplies, and a host of other things from where they are to where they need to go.

Also many of those who ride motorcycles also have a car that cuts them off from nature for those days when nature is pouring rain or snow down in plentiful quanities.
PHD

Overton, TX

#33050 Dec 10, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, people drive cars to move from one place to another. Drive from home to the store, to work. Haul materials such as groceries, wood, building supplies, and a host of other things from where they are to where they need to go.
Also many of those who ride motorcycles also have a car that cuts them off from nature for those days when nature is pouring rain or snow down in plentiful quanities.
My My you live next to a land fill. That explains most of your brain issues. Sorry for the child that is being watched by you. The parrents should be held for child abuse.Now go back to your land fill and suck up another dose of methane.
Northie

Spokane, WA

#33051 Dec 10, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, just ended the subsities on EV's and hybrids would kill them far faster than your tax on SUVs.
Tina doesn't get it. For anyone with a business of any kind, the subsidy of huge gas-guzzling SUVs is way, way beyond that for any efficient hybrid. An SUV weighing AT LEAST 6,001 pounds qualifies for these choice tax breaks (aka subsidies):

1) Thanks to the 100 percent first-year bonus depreciation privilege, you can write off the entire business-use percentage of the cost of a new "heavy" SUV that is placed in service by December 31, 2011 and used more than 50 percent for business.(Used vehicles do not qualify.)

2) Under the Section 179 deduction privilege, you can write off up to $25,000 of the cost of a used heavy SUV that is placed in service by the end of your business tax year and used over 50 percent for business. You can then depreciate the rest of the business portion of the SUV's cost using the normal rules..

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#33052 Dec 10, 2012
Northie wrote:
Tina doesn't get it. For anyone with a business of any kind, the subsidy of huge gas-guzzling SUVs is way, way beyond that for any efficient hybrid. An SUV weighing AT LEAST 6,001 pounds qualifies for these choice tax breaks (aka subsidies): 1) Thanks to the 100 percent first-year bonus depreciation privilege, you can write off the entire business-use percentage of the cost of a new "heavy" SUV that is placed in service by December 31, 2011 and used more than 50 percent for business.(Used vehicles do not qualify.) 2) Under the Section 179 deduction privilege, you can write off up to $25,000 of the cost of a used heavy SUV that is placed in service by the end of your business tax year and used over 50 percent for business. You can then depreciate the rest of the business portion of the SUV's cost using the normal rules..
I call it a tax deductions, N. calls it subsidy; this is where we differ. The government isn't entitled to all my cash; that's not how it works.

If these are new rules for 2011, the Obama signed them into law. I think a business should be able to deduct the cost of using any vehicle for business purposes. No reason capital investments can't be depreciated.

Meantime; Obama want's to give billions more to his crony green energy pals...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wethersfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RealDave 1,114,925
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 33 min STEFANO COLONNA 69,482
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 47 min Uzi 68,555
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 52 min Chuck 19,285
Brooklyn Teen Charged With Attempted Murder (May '08) 1 hr kdoehr 8
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr godless by choice 305,842
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Mon Sir Samuel 806

Wethersfield Jobs

Wethersfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wethersfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wethersfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]