A Tale of Three CEOs: Romney, Bain, and a Crooked Executive's Overlooked Story

Aug 20, 2012 | Posted by: Mr_Bill | Full story: www.ourfuture.org

In the annals of Mitt Romney's days at Bain Capital, one story seems to have escaped our collective memory.

It involves Bain's acquisition of a New York City drug store chain during Mitt Romney's tenure there, and the hiring of a new president who would turn out to have pronounced criminal tendencies. When the story of Duane Reade's Anthony Cuti is put together with the better-known story of Bain's relationship with a Medicare-defrauding lab testing company, it becomes a tale of two criminal CEOs - and of the presidential candidate who was involved in choosing them both.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Aug 21, 2012
Stopwastingourti me

Elk Grove Village, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Judged:

This author sums it all up this way;

'There's no evidence that Romney was directly involved in the ongoing criminality which took place for years at Damon International—even though some of it took place on his watch. And there's certainly no evidence he knew of the crime spree that Anthony Cuti would eventually undertake when Cuti was hired as Duane Reade's CEO.'

Why are you wasting our time? This is another scam article attempting to make hay out of thin air.
Anonymous

Bijnor, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2012

Judged:

i am sanjay

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

AHHHH! That sweet, sweet smell of Obamaloney rotting in the sunshine. It smells just like Bullshit and Mr. Bill's hidden agenda..

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

Stopwastingourtime wrote:
This author sums it all up this way;
'There's no evidence that Romney was directly involved in the ongoing criminality which took place for years at Damon International—even though some of it took place on his watch. And there's certainly no evidence he knew of the crime spree that Anthony Cuti would eventually undertake when Cuti was hired as Duane Reade's CEO.'
Why are you wasting our time? This is another scam article attempting to make hay out of thin air.
Mr Romney's claim to expeience is his business exprience.

These failures to appoint honest (non criminal) managers for these corporations he took over is very relevent to his managerial skill.

Where there's smoke, there's fire.
The article does not question Romney's criminal tendencies, but it does point a glaring spotlight on his absolutely poor choices for top positions, at the very skill he touts as his strength.

I knowe that is a little complicated, so read it twice:

"The article does not question Romney's criminal tendencies, but it does point a glaring spotlight on his absolutely poor choices for top positions, at the very skill he touts as his strength."

This is Romney's record at Bain Capital.
Gravediggers

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

'Mr Bill'= slanted and biased
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

More proof that mitwit is a sociopath without a conscience and has nothing but contempt for American workers!
Robert

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

ourfuture.org is not a source for unbiased information. They condemn conservative politics and will be nothing but an Obama poster.

Article is not worth reading because of its source as anything they say will be filtered through the re elect obama prism.

“I'd rather be snowmobiling”

Since: Oct 07

8120'

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

Judged:

“Now I have no doubt that Mitt Romney was worried about pink slips — whether he was going to have enough of them to hand out because his company Bain Capital with all the jobs that they killed, I’m sure he was worried that he’d run out of pink slips. There is something inherently wrong when getting rich off failure and sticking it to someone else is how you do your business and I happen to think that’s indefensible. If you’re a victim of Bain Capital’s downsizing, it’s the ultimate insult for Mitt Romney to tell you he feels your pain, because he caused it.”
~Rick Perry, South Carolina, January 9, 2012

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2012

priceless.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westwood Discussions

Search the Westwood Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) 2 hr Kundrot dionkie 4,693
NAACP Partners With Dunkin' Donuts Jul 23 UTB 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Jul 18 Kundrot dionkie 1,149
Feds probe whether cops ignored brothels (Nov '11) Jul 1 Kundrot dionkie 6
About Town: Stoughton's Ahavath Torah Among Loc... (Feb '13) Jun '14 Kundrot dionkie 5
The Definitive Stoughton School Committee Debat... (Apr '13) Jun '14 Kundrot dionkie 11
Review: Speed Livery Service Of Norwood Jun '14 Joseph 2
•••
•••

Westwood News Video

•••
•••

Westwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Westwood People Search