Reno crash victim was nurse at Enloe

Full story: Chico Enterprise-Record

A flight nurse killed early Saturday morning in the crash of a Mountain LifeFlight helicopter near Reno also worked as a nurse in the critical care unit at Enloe Medical Center.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Local

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

RIP to these wonderful men. What a horrible thing. May their familes be blessed during this very difficult time.
BORN IN CHICO

Coos Bay, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Local wrote:
RIP to these wonderful men. What a horrible thing. May their familes be blessed during this very difficult time.
amen...
What a Shame

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Prayers and thoughts to the families. What a tragedy. I imagine the patient feels fortunate also that he or she was flown safely to the hospital. It sounds as if the delivery service needs to change run plans since this is the 2nd helicopter to crash on that run. Eerie.
RedGreen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

Another helecopter crashed in the same area in 02? I wonder what the obstruction is or foul play? Is there some pot farm in that area> I hope this is investigated from this angle.
Gary

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

I have only known Clint Reger during the time that he has worked at Enloe in the ICU/CCU. He was a very dedicated, compasionate and talented nurse. Clint loved his family very much and was just preparing to move with them to Florida. He had just been accepted for Nurse Anesthetist School back there and he was so jazzed about fulfilling his dream. My condolences to Clint's wife and children and his extended family and community of friends.
I would also like to extend the same to the families of the Mike Bradshaw and Chris Ritz. What a loss for such a small community.
rocco in reno

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

This family wishes to convey our utmost and sincerest deep condolences to the family of this well-loved, well-respected father, son, nurse, and all-around good guy. And thanks to the Chico ER and Channel 4 news for trying their best to overcome the Nazi-like Gestapo tactics of Enloe Administration in their refusal to release a picture of Clint or any information about him! They are fools in that administration with their PlaneTree politically-correct garbage and all the nurses in the ICU resent the fact that this administration wrestled with the news media in their attempt to gain information in order to praise and eulogize a man who gave his life in service to his community...they should pay for their lack of respect and dignity in this matter! God Bless you Clint, we'll miss you very much, and thanks for the fun we had at the Holiday Inn on Cohasset when you used to stay there, God please bless this family and the wife and children and keep them safe and secure and please let them know that Clint Reger was as respected, liked, and loved as any ICU flight nurse could possibly be.Amen.
What a Shame

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

RedGreen wrote:
Another helecopter crashed in the same area in 02? I wonder what the obstruction is or foul play? Is there some pot farm in that area> I hope this is investigated from this angle.
My thoughts exactly..
A Thankful Mother

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

My two youngest daughters had to be taken by Mountain Life Flight on different occasions out of Chester. Both times we were lucky enough to have them in the hands of these amazing people that put their lives on the line every day and night just to provide the care that is much needed in these small towns. We will forever be thankful to the men and women of Mountain Life Flight and mourn the loss of these fine men.
Chico Chico

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

RedGreen wrote:
To be entirely fair, medical helicopters face a lot of risk. They're very often flying under adverse conditions and at high priority... people's lives are very often at stake. It's a risky business - I've had the opportunity to work on a helicopter and I said "screw that!".

The airlift helicopters where I grew up lost two in a couple of years... it's just a risky business. The pilots and crew who are willing to do this deserve a lot of respect. They risk themselves on behalf of others on a daily basis.

I respect that... I heard about this a couple days ago through a text message. Bad news hurts.
Brent Reger

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

My brother Clint gave his life to save so many. I'm a little dissappointed at some of the comments on here as my family is tremendously affected and right in the middle of the grieving process. Clint was an amazing person/brother that inspired and calmed so many people in very difficult times daily. The last Mountain Lifeflight helicopter went down due to pilot error and the company, maintenance, etc...had nothing to do with it...but I understand how people are always judging things they know nothing about. Please be sensitive to the families that suffered the loss of 3 great men. If you would like to give instead of criticize go to www.clintreger.com
Alissa Davidson

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

Clint was an amazing person. Those of us that were blessed to have known him will miss him dearly. His face always lit up when he spoke of Megan and the boys. He was a wonderful and compassionate nurse and we will always remember him with a smile. Rest in Peace. God bless his family and the families of the other crew members.
Been there

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2009

With all due respect it could be the weather. On the other hand I've flown in helicopters and they do get shot at by pot farmers. The paranoid pot heads think everything and everyone is searching for their grow, especially helicopters.
My condolences to the family in any case.
Tahoechick

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

rocco in reno wrote:
This family wishes to convey our utmost and sincerest deep condolences to the family of this well-loved, well-respected father, son, nurse, and all-around good guy. And thanks to the Chico ER and Channel 4 news for trying their best to overcome the Nazi-like Gestapo tactics of Enloe Administration in their refusal to release a picture of Clint or any information about him! They are fools in that administration with their PlaneTree politically-correct garbage and all the nurses in the ICU resent the fact that this administration wrestled with the news media in their attempt to gain information in order to praise and eulogize a man who gave his life in service to his community...they should pay for their lack of respect and dignity in this matter! God Bless you Clint, we'll miss you very much, and thanks for the fun we had at the Holiday Inn on Cohasset when you used to stay there, God please bless this family and the wife and children and keep them safe and secure and please let them know that Clint Reger was as respected, liked, and loved as any ICU flight nurse could possibly be.Amen.
I was lucky to work with Clint at Barton Hospital in South Lake Tahoe where he was a new graduate in the ICU. Clint was the best~ very dedicated and had a thirst for knowledge, he loved God and loved his wife and he loved his patients as they were his own family. We had so much fun at night, goofing around when we weren't cleaning up the physician messes or being entertained by the hospital gossip. He was a tall gentle giant, and a super nice person. Even though I was often inappropriate with my stark and dry humor, Clint always managed to say, "ha that's Marcy for ya" as he accepted me for who I was. Thanks Clint for all the good times and the zest for life you shared with me, I'll never forget you and you lived your dream of flight nursing!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Westwood Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance