Tornado Rips Though New Orleans Area

Tornado Rips Though New Orleans Area

There are 9 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 13, 2007, titled Tornado Rips Though New Orleans Area. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

An apparent tornado ripped through the New Orleans area early Tuesday, ripping the roof off a hotel, knocking down power lines and injuring three people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

Stepheno3

Orlando, FL

#1 Feb 13, 2007
Here we go again, now the whole nation will have to feel sorry for New Orleans again! There will be news on tis minor happening for a year or so!

“Smile...It Catches On !”

Since: Dec 06

Somewhere Very Pretty !

#2 Feb 13, 2007
Stepheno3 wrote:
Here we go again, now the whole nation will have to feel sorry for New Orleans again! There will be news on tis minor happening for a year or so!
I think Florida gets it much worse and I do feel sorry and sad for anyone in it's path. No matter where they live. Very scarey.
However, I agree, we may hear about this on the news a great deal more then we hear about you all in Florida..........
CherokeeQualla

AOL

#3 Feb 13, 2007
Thank goodness that no one was killed.
Sarah

United States

#4 Feb 13, 2007
Thank you for thinking about the people. They need our prayers and praise God no one was killed. They have had their share of troubles that is for sure. God won't put any more on them than they can handle as long as they believe.
Nicole

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Feb 13, 2007
Sarah wrote:
Thank you for thinking about the people. They need our prayers and praise God no one was killed. They have had their share of troubles that is for sure. God won't put any more on them than they can handle as long as they believe.
I agree. The residents of New Orleans have been through so much. They just need to keep the faith. God will see them through.
wow

Brentwood, TN

#6 Feb 13, 2007
I wonder how Brad & Angelina fared in the storm.

“Romans 8:28”

Leesburg, FL

#7 Feb 13, 2007
o2bndisney wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Florida gets it much worse and I do feel sorry and sad for anyone in it's path. No matter where they live. Very scarey.
However, I agree, we may hear about this on the news a great deal more then we hear about you all in Florida..........
Well I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been. One thing I noticed after Katrina hit, all of Hollywood showed up to make sure that the cameras caught them "helping" out...didn't see not ONE of them here when the Villages and Lake Mack and Paisley not only were destroyed, but 20 lives were lost. Know what? I for one am GLAD they didn't show up...but it sent a message to a lot of people: if you're poor and black, Hollywood's "finest" will show up because it makes them look good to help out those people. If you're poor white people, average income white people, or those who are a little wealthier like in the Villages, you don't and won't get their attention. It shouldn't matter what color one's skin is or what income bracket they are in - when disaster hits, everyone should do all they can to help out in any way. That's what I'm SO PROUD of Lake Co. for - everyone here has really been hard at it helping each other out.

“Smile...It Catches On !”

Somewhere Very Pretty !

#8 Feb 13, 2007
JTink wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been. One thing I noticed after Katrina hit, all of Hollywood showed up to make sure that the cameras caught them "helping" out...didn't see not ONE of them here when the Villages and Lake Mack and Paisley not only were destroyed, but 20 lives were lost. Know what? I for one am GLAD they didn't show up...but it sent a message to a lot of people: if you're poor and black, Hollywood's "finest" will show up because it makes them look good to help out those people. If you're poor white people, average income white people, or those who are a little wealthier like in the Villages, you don't and won't get their attention. It shouldn't matter what color one's skin is or what income bracket they are in - when disaster hits, everyone should do all they can to help out in any way. That's what I'm SO PROUD of Lake Co. for - everyone here has really been hard at it helping each other out.
Are you being Sassy again.....LOL

You all do not want Hollywood there, and I guess they are not there because there was not as much drama.
Nothing is free

United States

#9 Feb 13, 2007
JTink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because Lake county is full of God Fearing people that pull themselves by their bootstraps, while New Orleans is filled with Voodoo worshipers that have an entitlement mentality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westwego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Radio Flyer 3016 21,530
Cheating Preacher's Wife at Tulane Gradute Scho... (Dec '14) Apr 16 WOW 27
another FuNnY: there is a fed ex driver who wor... Apr 13 nobsthomassmile 1
News Westwego ticketing to speed up (Oct '07) Jul '17 Mafia 11
Is Westwego full of Muslims? (Apr '16) Apr '16 Zeke the Pinhead 1
News Jefferson Parish DA Paul Connick endorses Thoma... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Bad weather 1
News latest plan (Nov '14) Dec '14 havemercy 4

Westwego Jobs

Personal Finance

Westwego Mortgages