westwego mayor election 2008

Posted in the Westwego Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Ann

Gretna, LA

#1 Jul 12, 2008
I only know a few people who are running for mayor in Oct. All I want to say is I have seen 1 person truly help the the people of Westwego in any he can in many different aspects. He is not all talk, he is a man of action. His name is Johnny Shaddinger and I will stand behind him. He is honest, and his heart is for this city.
Mack -Westwego

Gretna, LA

#2 Jul 14, 2008
I totally agree with Ann. I have known him for 5 years and he is exactly what Ann says he is. I have seen it first hand.
brandy-westwego

Marrero, LA

#3 Jul 22, 2008
Ann has got it right,the citizens of Westwego Need Johnny.
Maggie

Marrero, LA

#4 Jul 22, 2008
Johnny is for the citizens of Westwego, and he is not a superficial person, he is a man of integrity..... Westwego needs Johnny
Timmy

Abita Springs, LA

#5 Sep 19, 2008
I agree with the others 100%. He is the Councilman for district 1 and is always there when you need him.

Go and see for yourself at his website - www.johnnyformayor.com
TJF

Toledo, OH

#6 Sep 26, 2008
Johnny is an honorable man but he's not ready to take over the reins of City Hall. Another 8 to 12 years on the council will prepare him nicely.
Ted Munch is the man who can get the job done. With his experience, relationships with other elected officials, and the ability to get things accomplished, why would you look to any other person to lead Westwego through these difficult times?
Realizing that he was merely doing the job he was elected to do, Ted was there before, during and after Katrina. He played a MAJOR role in saving numerous homes from flooding by his quick call to action in getting pumps started.
All of the citizens of Westwego owe him a debt of gratitute for his 31 plus years of service AND he has absolutely deserved their vote to become Westwego's next mayor.
First Hand Observer

Marrero, LA

#7 Sep 28, 2008
Yes Johnny is an honorable man he is also a compassionate man. Johnny also has built relationships with other elected officials who respect him and has the ability to get things accomplished. In the three short years Johnny has been on the council he has proven his leadership and earned the respect of the residents in his district. As mayor he will do the same for the whole city. Johnny was there for the people of Westwego before during and after Katrina. Johnny is still helping the citizens of Westwego today. Johnny played a major role in saving lives during Katrina, driving to Baton Rouge to pick up prescriptions for those who could not go themselves, driving a family to Baton Rouge to be safe with their family because their children
depended on nebulizers. Johnny also helped families put their lives back together after Katrina. Johnny was instramental in bringing Red Cross to assist the families in Westwego. He has also helped when someone didn't know how to apply for FEMA assistance or needed to appeal their claim. These are just a few things Johnny has done for the citizens of Westwego. Beyond Katrina he is always available for someone who needs his help. Johnny is also a fair man. He knows the laws and ordinances and applys them fairly to everyone.
When a citizen of Westwego has a problem and everyone is saying they can't help, they call Johnny because they know he will come through for them. He makes no promises but will go to bat for them and do his best to help them. It will not be a weak attempt, he will set out at full throttle to find and answer. I know this first hand. If your heart is in the right place as Johnny's is, no one "owes" you anything. Johnny loves the city of Westwego and its residents. He humbly asks for their support and vote.
Lil John

Abita Springs, LA

#8 Sep 28, 2008
What, what, what, OK - TJF sounds like you have been drinking the Munch kool-aid....All of that rhetoric is just propaganda trying to confuse the people… Looks like it worked, at least on you.
I would like a mayor who makes a difference, and doesn’t take 31 years to do it. I would like a mayor who cares for the city, not just a better retirement package. I would like a mayor who will be the best for the job, to me, that person is Johnny Shaddinger.
Johnny’s actions speak for themselves, He is an excellent councilman who has made a difference in his district and would make a great mayor. Anyone who takes the time to check the facts, would come to the same conclusion, Johnny Shaddinger is the best choice for mayor of Westwego.
Westwego

Metairie, LA

#9 Sep 29, 2008
LIL John you have hit the nail on the head about Munchkinland. I do not trust any words that come out of his mouth. 31 years of his service to Westwego, you would think Westwego would be in better shape wouldn't you?????? So the years spent does not qualify as experience in my book. The Munch's have been around a long time, and in the beginning they were honorable, but TED just because you have the Munch name does mean you by any means the right man to be mayor.......So for you TJF take a look at the real picture.
Westwego

Metairie, LA

#10 Sep 29, 2008
Typo on my part----Munch name does not mean TED is the right man to be mayor
Westwego Mayor

Luling, LA

#11 Oct 2, 2008
The person I see out & about in Westwego and always doing something to make Westwego a better place is Lisa Valence. She is bringing technology to City Hall, making our neighborhoods more beautiful and erasing the stigma of Westwego around the metro area.
Shwanda

Abita Springs, LA

#12 Oct 4, 2008
I don't see that happening....
Lisa is alright on the council, but mayor...I don't think so

I am with the others about Johnny Shaddinger, He is the man Westwego needs for mayor. He is a good man.
I KNOW BETTER

New Orleans, LA

#13 Oct 4, 2008
TED MUNCH IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB. IT MIGHT BE TRUE THAT TJF IS DRINKING THE KOOL-AID, BUT IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE LIL JOHN HAS JUST HAD TO MUCH TO DRINK. IT WAS MENTIONED THAT MR. MUNCH WAS NOT AN HONORABLE MAN AND I HAPPEN TO KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE. IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO KEEP TALKING TRASH ABOUT MR. MUNCH, MAYBE YOU SHOULD
GET SOME FACTS TO BACK UP YOUR DRUNKEN HALLUCINATIONS.
Truth

Metairie, LA

#14 Oct 4, 2008
Wife Beating = Honorable?
I KNOW BETTER

New Orleans, LA

#15 Oct 4, 2008
YOU MUST NOT BE A VERY HONORABLE PERSON TO SPREAD LIES
I KNOW BETTER

New Orleans, LA

#16 Oct 4, 2008
I CAN'T BELIEVE THE PURE STUPIDITY OF SOME PEOPLE.
I WILL PRAY FOR YOU.
HOPEFULLY THE DAY WILL COME WHEN YOU WILL FINALLY REACH THE WIZARD AND MAYBE JUST MAYBE HE WILL GIVE YOU A BRAIN.
Truth

Metairie, LA

#17 Oct 4, 2008
The same goes for munch?
I KNOW BETTER

New Orleans, LA

#18 Oct 4, 2008
AND WHO WOULD YOU BE PULLING FOR TRUTH ?
Truth

Metairie, LA

#19 Oct 4, 2008
Fazande... might not even need a runoff...
I KNOW BETTER

New Orleans, LA

#20 Oct 4, 2008
HE MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE.
I JUST HOPE WHOEVER WINS DOES NOT LIE LIKE YOU.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westwego Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Court won't lift hold on Obama immigration action Wed R12 Freon 14
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) May 26 Bam 19,928
News HANO officer found fatally shot in squad car May 25 Blue Line 2
News New Orleans Housing Authority officer shot dead... May 25 cops are psychopaths 1
Cheating Preacher's Wife at Tulane Gradute Scho... May 21 That Lady 16
News Westwego ticketing to speed up (Oct '07) Apr '15 wes 10
News Jefferson Parish DA Paul Connick endorses Thoma... Dec '14 Bad weather 1
More from around the web

Westwego People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]