Fat cats of westville on welfare too!
Hungry bass turd

United States

#104 Feb 14, 2013
Dead People wrote:
<quoted text>
How about $1.1 billion in farm subsidies from 1999 to 2006 given to dead people? I guess you are all for the dead getting paid since they are not working either? It's our money, quit accepting it for not working, or being dead
Kind of like all the dead folk who vote every year in our elections? Its still food. You still eat it. Stop crying.
Dead People

Broken Arrow, OK

#105 Feb 14, 2013
Hungry bass turd wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like all the dead folk who vote every year in our elections? Its still food. You still eat it. Stop crying.
A Government Accounting Office report last year discovered 172,801 deceased individuals received subsidies, 19% of them dead for seven years or more. In some cases the money went to deceased agri-business corporate executives. In others, to estates which families no longer farm.

LOL Yeah you fit right in with them. Eating our cash up aren't you and proud of it..

Hungry bass turd

Longview, TX

#106 Feb 14, 2013
Dead People wrote:
<quoted text>
A Government Accounting Office report last year discovered 172,801 deceased individuals received subsidies, 19% of them dead for seven years or more. In some cases the money went to deceased agri-business corporate executives. In others, to estates which families no longer farm.
LOL Yeah you fit right in with them. Eating our cash up aren't you and proud of it..
I'm quite proud to be involved in food production, and I'm proud that our nation subsidizes a safe, affordable, and abundant food supply. I like eating. It's food. You eat it. Don't you enjoy food?
Neh

Tulsa, OK

#107 Feb 16, 2013
It sounds to me like HBT is an honest farmer. Lets not assume everyone takes advantage of it. It does need to be looked into though.
Do dead people grow food

Broken Arrow, OK

#108 Feb 16, 2013
Dead People wrote:
<quoted text>
I kinda wonder how to justify 172,801 dead people getting money and how much food a dead person can grow or not grow.
Hungry bass turd

United States

#109 Feb 16, 2013
Do dead people grow food wrote:
<quoted text>
I kinda wonder how to justify 172,801 dead people getting money and how much food a dead person can grow or not grow.
The fact that you would wonder something so silly just reinforces your unlearned persona. Maybe to solve this anomaly you should dedicate your life work to stamping out fraud waste and abuse in out Govt. The Govt accounting office has a hotline you can call to report this horrible injustice: 1-800-424-5454
Meanwhile back at the ranch, I have a cow just about ready to have her calf, gotta go check on her. I'm sure glad our Govt subsidizes our safe, abundant, and affordable food supply.
Welfare

Broken Arrow, OK

#111 Feb 17, 2013
Hungry bass turd wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that you would wonder something so silly just reinforces your unlearned persona. Maybe to solve this anomaly you should dedicate your life work to stamping out fraud waste and abuse in out Govt. The Govt accounting office has a hotline you can call to report this horrible injustice: 1-800-424-5454
Meanwhile back at the ranch, I have a cow just about ready to have her calf, gotta go check on her. I'm sure glad our Govt subsidizes our safe, abundant, and affordable food supply.
No, you are just glad you are on welfare and not the poverty kind. Really proud of sucking that tit. I am a real man and got off my momma's tit and never wanted another tit especially if it sucks money from everyone. When you don't need government help you can be a proud man and not before.
Hungry bass turd

United States

#112 Feb 17, 2013
Welfare wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you are just glad you are on welfare and not the poverty kind. Really proud of sucking that tit. I am a real man and got off my momma's tit and never wanted another tit especially if it sucks money from everyone. When you don't need government help you can be a proud man and not before.
Actually, I don't personally even get the Govt subsidies on my farm because I don't meet the guidelines. You have to make less than 500,000 to qualify, but I know lots of neighbors that use it, and I'm still glad the Govt subsidizes a safe, abundant, and affordable food supply. It's food dude, you eat it.
A Real Man Talks

Broken Arrow, OK

#113 Feb 18, 2013
Nevertheless, just last year the government paid out about $15 billion in income support or price guarantees, which increasingly are going to the largest farms -- those with annual sales of $500,000 or more!!!!

John Phipps of Chrisman, Ill., harvested nearly 170,000 bushels of corn and soybeans last year on two square miles of fertile soil. He grossed nearly $500,000, putting his farm in the nation's top 3 percent. Still, he received $120,000 in subsidies.

"It's embarrassing," Phipps said. "My government is basically saying I am incompetent and need help."

Yet to Congress and federal agricultural officials, Phipps and his wife, Jan, are struggling family farmers. Last year, the government sent the Phippses a check for $120,000. Thousands of similar checks arrived throughout the Corn Belt, even as many farmers had bumper crops.

"Being labeled as a family farmer immediately qualifies me as someone who needs help," he said. "Name one other business like that -- there are none."

Phipps resents the images used to evoke sympathy for farmers. "I think they do us more harm than good," he said as he scrambled to finish his harvest. "I don't think farmers are any more special than anyone else; lots of people work hard and don't get help. Why should farmers get special treatment?"
Hungry bass turd

Tulsa, OK

#114 Feb 18, 2013
I am very thankful that out country subsidizes the production of a vast, safe, and affordable food supply. The amount and quality of our food is superb. It's food. You eat it.
The facts

Broken Arrow, OK

#115 Feb 18, 2013
Hungry bass turd wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I don't personally even get the Govt subsidies on my farm because I don't meet the guidelines. You have to make less than 500,000 to qualify, but I know lots of neighbors that use it, and I'm still glad the Govt subsidizes a safe, abundant, and affordable food supply. It's food dude, you eat it.
You have to make less than half a million you say to get farmer welfare you say??? That is so funny and so wrong. There are people who earn billions that get this welfare.

Do people know who the largest private American landowner is?

Ted Turner .........and he gets a subsidy........Should he?

It's time to cut the ties that bind.

Vote no to farm subsidies,we can't afford these welfare farmers anymore.
Hungry bass turd

United States

#116 Feb 18, 2013
The facts wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to make less than half a million you say to get farmer welfare you say??? That is so funny and so wrong. There are people who earn billions that get this welfare.
Do people know who the largest private American landowner is?
Ted Turner .........and he gets a subsidy........Should he?
It's time to cut the ties that bind.
Vote no to farm subsidies,we can't afford these welfare farmers anymore.
Vote how you like! It's food! You eat it!
Hungry bass turd

Andrews, TX

#117 Feb 19, 2013
Jill Banswell reporting during the Haiti earthquake said the most devastating thing she witnessed was helicopters flying overhead with large food drops slung from the aircraft. She reported this was one of the most grievous times because she knew she would be called out to report on where the food was dropped. Her eyewitness accounts relayed a message of savage disregard for care of human life, and a primal survival mode would overtake the Haitian people when the food touched down. After 12 food drops, Jill told her superiors she would no longer cover or report on such behavior. During 4 of the 12 drops a person was killed as people tried to get food. At every drop children and elderly were beaten back and denied food, many with broken limbs as the only thing to show for the effort. This food was flour. Not steaks and Taters. Not all the delights we know when we hunker down on a juicy burger, but small sacks of flour. They killed each other for it. Try to transpose the participants, and it becomes easy to be thankful our Govt subsidizes a safe, affordable, and very abundant food supply.
The Truth

Tulsa, OK

#118 Feb 19, 2013
Hungry bass turd wrote:
<quoted text>
Vote how you like! It's food! You eat it!
No One can believe you as you say half a mill is the cut off point when in fact there is no income guidelines at all. You have no facts or numbers to support yourself. Everyone else is giving numbers and actual data and you are just using emotion instead of logic. You are just lying and have nothing truthful to say.

The facts are--
The checks go out regardless of whether a farmer is planting anything. It doesn’t matter whether the harvest was good or bad. Economic need isn’t a factor, either. The payments are calculated on a complex formula based on past farm acreage and average yield — not current market prices.

Not only may farmers collect the money without planting any crops, it is not necessary for them to be farmers at all. What matters is what was once grown on the land, how much was grown and who presently owns the land.

It’s extra income for farmers that really is not tied to helping their production or providing more and cheaper food or being environmentally safer.. It’s basically a gift from the government. That is the truth.
Abe Lincoln

Apopka, FL

#120 Feb 19, 2013
God made a farmer

Tahlequah, OK

#121 Feb 20, 2013
Abe Lincoln wrote:
http://hotair.com/archives/201 3/02/19/wapo-does-anybody-else -think-these-agriculture-subsi dies-are-getting-out-of-contro l/
Nice article Abe. It is easy to find out the facts about farm welfare if one is willing to look and read. Turd has his way of just saying things with nothing to back it up. And really how can you believe a man that calls himself turd and believes in turd fences? Here is a good video about farming.
Pinky

Tulsa, OK

#122 Feb 20, 2013
Thanks for the pink slime farmer guy. sure hope you get paid for not raising it. Yea dont raise slime and i will not argue with that

It's food you eat it?/ well you can not me
Hungry bass turd

United States

#123 Feb 20, 2013
Boy harps was sure busy today. Guess the snow really got folks worried about having enough food! Good thing our Govt subsidizes food production so that we have a bunch of food for cheap!
Income guidelines

Tulsa, OK

#124 Feb 21, 2013
Hungry bass turd wrote:
Boy harps was sure busy today. Guess the snow really got folks worried about having enough food! Good thing our Govt subsidizes food production so that we have a bunch of food for cheap!
More lies and no facts to back them up huh? Farmers are wealthy, the U.S. food supply is not remotely at risk — and yet the government still piles on the subsidies.

Perhaps God made the farmer, as Paul Harvey says. But does the federal taxpayer have to make him rich?
They do need to get shopping money from earned income and not the USA or State government!

Harps was busy because, as you say it is food, and everyone eats food so a food store is busy. It is certainly not because the price of food is cheap LOL. You could double the price(and farm subsidies are doing that anyway) and people have to eat and they will pay it. A free market economy was what this country was born of with taxes being fair for all and not going to people that have no need of welfare. To be a farmer is to say I need help I can't make it on my own like everyone else.
Hungry bass turd

Tulsa, OK

#125 Feb 21, 2013
Income guidelines wrote:
<quoted text>
More lies and no facts to back them up huh? Farmers are wealthy, the U.S. food supply is not remotely at risk — and yet the government still piles on the subsidies.
Perhaps God made the farmer, as Paul Harvey says. But does the federal taxpayer have to make him rich?
They do need to get shopping money from earned income and not the USA or State government!
Harps was busy because, as you say it is food, and everyone eats food so a food store is busy. It is certainly not because the price of food is cheap LOL. You could double the price(and farm subsidies are doing that anyway) and people have to eat and they will pay it. A free market economy was what this country was born of with taxes being fair for all and not going to people that have no need of welfare. To be a farmer is to say I need help I can't make it on my own like everyone else.
So using your thinking, we should wait until our food supply is at risk and then help out? That would probably work out if we were talking about anything other than food. Look at some examples of countries short on food. We don't need riots and killings over food in our country. So lets just keep paying that very small portion of the tax bill that keeps our food supply robust, affordable, safe and available. If you really are upset about the other guy getting the money, then get you a farm and get started. It's food. We all eat it. We can't stop eating it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erica the truth 1 hr Bubbas buddy 268
real news, no drama 21 hr local girl 5
Where is tenleigh? Mon Todd Lofreddo 2
Lisa Helton Aug 27 Mehateyou 5
anybody know where rebecca golden lives in west... Aug 27 TheJointWaits 5
any females want to chat about anything Aug 27 Ikulnative 4
wow (Aug '15) Aug 27 BigBaloneyMaloney 21

Westville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance