Posted in the Westville Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Well well

Siloam Springs, AR

#1 Jan 11, 2013
Judged:666
At a time when we are trying to develop alternative energies to help curb our oil obsessions, we are paying farmers who could farm 40 million acres not to farm. Outrageous!

For a great eye-opener of “RICH” federal welfare recipients ,---That is--, land owners paid not to grow crops and livestock around westville
Graft, corruption, but legal?

Go to www.ewg.org/farm/
Go to bottom of page
Enter 74965
Click—See Recipients
Click on names for, more info and browse the website. www.ewg.org .

Heading should be—Sit on butt and receive money from government.
Just how much wheat was ever grown in Adair County?

http://farm.ewg.org/sites/farmbill2007/mappag ...

http://farm.ewg.org/sites/farmbill2007/mappag ...

http://farm.ewg.org/farm/addrsearch.php ...
Well well

Siloam Springs, AR

#2 Jan 11, 2013
1 Mac Hampton Westville, OK 74965 $ 166,739.54
2 Steve Harp Westville, OK 74965 $ 139,378.23
3 Mike Langley Westville, OK 74965 $ 136,133.74
4 Kindle And Bradford Dairy Westville, OK 74965 $ 107,346.04
5 Grooms Farms Inc Westville, OK 74965 $ 105,622.96
6 Blake Littlejohn Westville, OK 74965 $ 93,351.49
7 Wade Hampton Westville, OK 74965 $ 89,549.65
8 Cecil Sisk Jr Westville, OK 74965 $ 88,628.43
9 Scott Ghormley Westville, OK 74965 $ 80,328.86
10 Hampton Ranch Inc Westville, OK 74965 $ 80,110.16
11 Sean M Clark Westville, OK 74965 $ 80,078.42
Hungry bass turd

United States

#3 Jan 11, 2013
I'm sure you typed that on a full stomach. You folks are so silly. It's food dude, you eat that in case you didn't notice, we have a lot of it in our country for cheap, so stop sniveling and put down your burger long enough to grab a glass of milk, Before you choke on those fries.
Not Everyone

Broken Arrow, OK

#4 Jan 12, 2013
Hungry bass turd wrote:
I'm sure you typed that on a full stomach. You folks are so silly. It's food dude, you eat that in case you didn't notice, we have a lot of it in our country for cheap, so stop sniveling and put down your burger long enough to grab a glass of milk, Before you choke on those fries.
Westville farmers get paid for not farming, westville cops and mayor, city council get paid for not doing anything. Seems like some think it is OK, but not everyone gets paid for not working. Why just these?
Well well

Siloam Springs, AR

#5 Jan 12, 2013
Why indeed? Yet some of the same people begrudge the working poor a few dollars in food stamps. Holier than thou syndrome? Worse, they vote down a school bond!
Drug Test Them

Broken Arrow, OK

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Not Everyone wrote:
<quoted text>
Westville farmers get paid for not farming, westville cops and mayor, city council get paid for not doing anything. Seems like some think it is OK, but not everyone gets paid for not working. Why just these?
The teachers don't do much teaching(just look at the spelling on Westville topix) and the coaches don't coach(losing in every sport). Who else gets paid for not working?
Hungry bass turd

Sacramento, CA

#7 Jan 12, 2013
Not Everyone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually all those farmers listed are producing a product, so your "paid for not farming" line is bogus. We have subsidized housing and phone service in westville too, but no gripes there? Most of the payments listed are cost share measures designed to help the environment, like fencing off creeks to keep cows from pooping in the water. So, go ahead, nuke that baked tater, and be sure to lube it up with plenty of affordable butter and sour cream. Then stuff it in your crying pie hole and be thankful for cheap food.
Work For Money

Broken Arrow, OK

#8 Jan 12, 2013
Hungry bass turd wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually all those farmers listed are producing a product, so your "paid for not farming" line is bogus. We have subsidized housing and phone service in westville too, but no gripes there? Most of the payments listed are cost share measures designed to help the environment, like fencing off creeks to keep cows from pooping in the water. So, go ahead, nuke that baked tater, and be sure to lube it up with plenty of affordable butter and sour cream. Then stuff it in your crying pie hole and be thankful for cheap food.
Subsidized housing and phone service in westville?? Comparing that to the farmers?? The farmers are getting cold hard cash for not farming, sometimes more than the average working man brings home in a year. The ones getting housing and phones are poor or cheating the system. The farmers work ethic of doing less and getting paid for more than they do is well to me seems back ass backwards. I sure wish I could have the government pay me a few thousand a year for not showing up for work. But that would never work out the place would lose money and have to close. Funny you are so hungry and talk about food, I am sure that you eat on a weekly basis foods that that I help produce and sell. Munch on dude, as hungry guys like you keep my business running. Don't begrudge the poor some help but ask why the rich rake in money for not producing.
Hungry bass turd

Jersey City, NJ

#9 Jan 12, 2013
Work For Money wrote:
<quoted text>
Subsidized housing and phone service in westville?? Comparing that to the farmers?? The farmers are getting cold hard cash for not farming, sometimes more than the average working man brings home in a year. The ones getting housing and phones are poor or cheating the system. The farmers work ethic of doing less and getting paid for more than they do is well to me seems back ass backwards. I sure wish I could have the government pay me a few thousand a year for not showing up for work. But that would never work out the place would lose money and have to close. Funny you are so hungry and talk about food, I am sure that you eat on a weekly basis foods that that I help produce and sell. Munch on dude, as hungry guys like you keep my business running. Don't begrudge the poor some help but ask why the rich rake in money for not producing.
You are not correct about being paid not to produce. All local farmers are producing farm products. And all you need to do to get in on the deal is go get you a farm and set back and watch the dough roll in.
Farm Worker

Coweta, OK

#10 Jan 13, 2013
I work on one of these farms and when I saw by Boss's name on here I asked him to share the wealth and let me stay home a couple of months and pay me anyway. Guess what?? Well he almost fired me on the spot.
Hungry bass turd

Andrews, TX

#11 Jan 13, 2013
Farm Worker wrote:
I work on one of these farms and when I saw by Boss's name on here I asked him to share the wealth and let me stay home a couple of months and pay me anyway. Guess what?? Well he almost fired me on the spot.
Sure pal. Well the solution is easy, just boycott farmers. Don't buy anything made by farmers. Don't buy any food, cotton clothing, fertilizer, tobacco, coffee, or sugar products. No pork, dairy, chicken, or beef products. No burger kIng, no pizza pockets, no chicken mcChicken, no rice,,no nothing raised by farmers! Boycott farmers!!! Worse than democrats!!!!
CAP LOCKS

Coweta, OK

#12 Jan 14, 2013
I saw where one "farmer" had been paid over $300,000 over the 10 year period!!! Hungry turd LOL always talking about food.. He must weigh 300#
Hungry bass turd

Lubbock, TX

#13 Jan 14, 2013
CAP LOCKS wrote:
I saw where one "farmer" had been paid over $300,000 over the 10 year period!!! Hungry turd LOL always talking about food.. He must weigh 300#
Well over 10 years, the guy in the white house makes 4 million.

Actually, I am up to 350 lbs. Reason I'm always talking about food is because that's what those farmers produce and with the help of uncle Sam it stays relatively cheap for you to buy. Don't tell me you're one of those guys that thinks food comes from the store? Keep chowing down on that biscuit while you figure it out.
FYI

Cambridge, MA

#14 Jan 15, 2013
Let them keep getting that free money there will come a day they will need it and wont have it. I done some work for a farmer awhile back and he told me his farm has been in his family for generations but he apparently he dont own it He said all that money the U.S. owes China was borrowed against ALL american farm land so whose to say they wont come and take what`s theirs.
Hungry bass turd

Lubbock, TX

#15 Jan 15, 2013
FYI wrote:
Let them keep getting that free money there will come a day they will need it and wont have it. I done some work for a farmer awhile back and he told me his farm has been in his family for generations but he apparently he dont own it He said all that money the U.S. owes China was borrowed against ALL american farm land so whose to say they wont come and take what`s theirs.
Actually it's the national parks that are used as collateral for the loans.
Well well

Siloam Springs, AR

#16 Jan 18, 2013
12 Bobby Williams Westville, OK 74965 $ 79,956.84
13 Jerry Don Williams Westville, OK 74965 $ 77,525.37
14 Jim Wilhite Westville, OK 74965 $ 74,945.81
15 Preston Lee Cattle Cattle Westville, OK 74965 $ 70,559.66
16 Barney Nubbie Westville, OK 74965 $ 69,632.36
17 Randy Joe Atha Westville, OK 74965 $ 64,063.45
18 Breck Woods Westville, OK 74965 $ 63,277.98
19 Michael Todd Snyder Westville, OK 74965 $ 62,100.24
20 Bart Snyder Westville, OK 74965 $ 58,501.04
21 Ray Newton Westville, OK 74965 $ 56,511.00
22 Brandon L Baggs Westville, OK 74965 $ 54,816.08
23 Roger Williams Westville, OK 74965 $ 54,411.46
24 Everett D Noblin Jr Westville, OK 74965 $ 53,784.54
25 Richard D Williams Westville, OK 74965 $ 51,210.16
26 Brad Self Westville, OK 74965 $ 40,875.10
27 Clifton D Williams Westville, OK 74965 $ 40,301.13
28 Kenneth Kindle Westville, OK 74965 $ 38,273.00
29 James Franklin Grooms Westville, OK 74965 $ 37,654.36
30 Ray Johnny Simmons Westville, OK 74965 $ 30,967.00
Hungary bass turd

United States

#17 Jan 19, 2013
Well well wrote:
12 Bobby Williams Westville, OK 74965 $ 79,956.84
13 Jerry Don Williams Westville, OK 74965 $ 77,525.37
14 Jim Wilhite Westville, OK 74965 $ 74,945.81
15 Preston Lee Cattle Cattle Westville, OK 74965 $ 70,559.66
16 Barney Nubbie Westville, OK 74965 $ 69,632.36
17 Randy Joe Atha Westville, OK 74965 $ 64,063.45
18 Breck Woods Westville, OK 74965 $ 63,277.98
19 Michael Todd Snyder Westville, OK 74965 $ 62,100.24
20 Bart Snyder Westville, OK 74965 $ 58,501.04
21 Ray Newton Westville, OK 74965 $ 56,511.00
22 Brandon L Baggs Westville, OK 74965 $ 54,816.08
23 Roger Williams Westville, OK 74965 $ 54,411.46
24 Everett D Noblin Jr Westville, OK 74965 $ 53,784.54
25 Richard D Williams Westville, OK 74965 $ 51,210.16
26 Brad Self Westville, OK 74965 $ 40,875.10
27 Clifton D Williams Westville, OK 74965 $ 40,301.13
28 Kenneth Kindle Westville, OK 74965 $ 38,273.00
29 James Franklin Grooms Westville, OK 74965 $ 37,654.36
30 Ray Johnny Simmons Westville, OK 74965 $ 30,967.00
Im sure glad those farmers get assistance making our food safer and cheaper! Most everyone else is glad too, they just don't know it. But the direction our country heading, they probably find out in the next few years how a steady, safe, and, abundant food supply is very important to keep civil peace. It's simple, if you don't agree with this policy of helping farmers, then just boycot it. Stop supporting farmers. Stop eating. Grow your own.
Cheap

Coweta, OK

#18 Jan 19, 2013
Hungary bass turd wrote:
<quoted text>
Im sure glad those farmers get assistance making our food safer and cheaper! Most everyone else is glad too, they just don't know it. But the direction our country heading, they probably find out in the next few years how a steady, safe, and, abundant food supply is very important to keep civil peace. It's simple, if you don't agree with this policy of helping farmers, then just boycot it. Stop supporting farmers. Stop eating. Grow your own.
Next time you see a fat cat farmer in his huge 4 wheel drive truck you just think--He did not have to work to buy that he just didn't farm and gets paid anyway. This will change as more and more people find out about this and call the people elected to govern these things to complain as I have dont. If the farmers farmed 100% of the time and land, the food would be cheaper still as more of it would be produced, more jobs for people to work for them. The only one making a real profit off this is the farmers. We did not always just give them this money and the farms got along very well , even better than now as back then we had more farmers willing to work fulltime. So yea that new truck, great big house, all paid for by us and not his work ethic.
Too much

Owasso, OK

#19 Jan 19, 2013
This program compensates farmers for drops in market prices. Congress sets price targets for each of the program commodity crops, and when prices drop below those targets, producers receive a government payment. The payment formula is similar to the formula used for direct payments and also is based on historic production. Because it is not tied to current production, these payments often make little sense. For instance, if a farmer's land was producing cotton at the time when the base acreage was calculated, the current owner will get a cotton CCP regardless of what he is or is not growing currently. The program is the heart of the farm safety net, but offers perverse incentives that often reduce profitability and drive up taxpayer cost, even at times when farmers don't need the help.

That was all from their web page

Farmers generally produce as much as they can in order to maximize their sales. The consequence often is an oversupply on the market, which drives down prices. Thus, a farmer who had a bumper crop may have sold all his produce for a lower-than-normal price, but the sheer size of the crop could have earned him a moderate or large profit. This farmer would still be eligible to receive a CCP if the average crop price in his county was below the mandated target price, in addition to his profit on the market.

.I'm not sure, but I tried Lincoln and noone there received anything. It looks like alot of people abuse it
Hungry bass turd

Tulsa, OK

#20 Jan 19, 2013
Too much wrote:
This program compensates farmers for drops in market prices. Congress sets price targets for each of the program commodity crops, and when prices drop below those targets, producers receive a government payment. The payment formula is similar to the formula used for direct payments and also is based on historic production. Because it is not tied to current production, these payments often make little sense. For instance, if a farmer's land was producing cotton at the time when the base acreage was calculated, the current owner will get a cotton CCP regardless of what he is or is not growing currently. The program is the heart of the farm safety net, but offers perverse incentives that often reduce profitability and drive up taxpayer cost, even at times when farmers don't need the help.
That was all from their web page
Farmers generally produce as much as they can in order to maximize their sales. The consequence often is an oversupply on the market, which drives down prices. Thus, a farmer who had a bumper crop may have sold all his produce for a lower-than-normal price, but the sheer size of the crop could have earned him a moderate or large profit. This farmer would still be eligible to receive a CCP if the average crop price in his county was below the mandated target price, in addition to his profit on the market.
.I'm not sure, but I tried Lincoln and noone there received anything. It looks like alot of people abuse it
That's all fine, but one small problem, we dont grow cotton here, and there are no payments made to not grow crops here. 80% of the money you are worried about is environmental payments made to help fence off creeks to keep cows from crapping in the water. But it's still just real simple, just stop eating and stop buying those subsidized food items raised by farmers. Simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erica the truth 2 hr HoeHoeHoe 253
anybody know where rebecca golden lives in west... 6 hr TheJointWaits 5
any females want to chat about anything 10 hr Ikulnative 4
wow (Aug '15) Sat BigBaloneyMaloney 21
Harley Riders meth Aug 25 BigBaloneyMaloney 8
The Court Date Aug 22 PaulsNewBunkBuddy 1
rude (Dec '15) Aug 21 sagging titts 13

Westville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance