Gay Bars, Coffee Shops etc. in Port J...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Kenoza

Middletown, NY

#69 May 28, 2011
Port is full of stupid crackers, so of course they have problems with gay people. They're too busy focusing on other people's problems and not getting the GED that'll get them a job somewhere other than Kolmar.
LESTER THE MOLESTER

Highland, NY

#70 Jun 1, 2011
Hey PETER go to any bar and do what LOOSE STOOL does, he blows kisses to all the guys who ever blows one back he scores.
Fk the haters

Minneapolis, MN

#71 Aug 30, 2011
Gay power! Gay freedom! Gay love!
local

United States

#73 Sep 28, 2011
Can we see the basement?
JennaLee

Middletown, NY

#74 Oct 1, 2011
Port Jervis doesn't have anything decent for gay, straight, or transgendered people. Port is a dump, full of abondoned buildings, and mom and pop shops that are barely holding on.
20 Year Old Gay Male

Matamoras, PA

#76 Dec 13, 2012
As someone who went to High School in Port Jervis and transferred out because of all the heavy drug use and sex acts by students, I can honestly say to just skip it. Port Jervis is trying to become a "Portland" type of town. It's not awful, really, as long as you don't live there.

I currently live in Montague, NJ. It's quiet here and if you love little shops and great Chinese food, then go for Port. But the bar scene is mostly 40-50+ and alcoholics at that. The gay scene there does not exist. There are a surplus of churches and old homeless people wandering around.

There's a great vintage shop there and a few cute thrift stores. Really though the stores are the only reason to visit Port Jervis. The houses are pretty unkempt and the people are overall untidy looking. They have a really bad reputation for having a lot of crack heads, so that's an issue.

Most of the people there are elderly and if you're a teenager, you're either working at a Family Dollar-like store, a drug dealer or a teenage mother on Welfare. There's even a "beach" there, called West End Beach, which I once went to. There were dirty diapers floating in the water, glass broken in the sand, along with nails and other random "treasures", like a couple having sex near the edge of the woods.

This town is okay if you steer clear of the side streets and stick to the busy, store-lined streets. Try to stay away from the people if you can and if you have an extra five bucks visit Good Friend at 181 Pike Street between 12pm and 3pm for the best General Tso's you've ever had.

I hope this helps, it's as in-depth and personal as I can get.:)
bigdaddy

Middletown, NY

#77 Jan 20, 2013
jervis guy youmade that up. the whole town didn't witness the hanging, there was a crowd, but not the whole town, lol."for the most part, people never leave PJ" Really? you sure about that? jervis guy, your a dork lol
bigdaddy

Middletown, NY

#78 Jan 20, 2013
jervis guy wrote:
port holds on record the only hanging in ny state, which was viewed by the entire town. it was a black man being hanged for "assaulting" a white woman. the entire town went to witness this as like it was a big effing show. for the most part, people never leave port jervis, which means the grandchildren of the folks who witnessed this hanging make up jervis today, and the apple doesnt fall far from the tree with msot of these people. the prejudice is there, believe me.
jervis guy the whole town wasn't out there waqtching the hanging. lol you made that part up, also it wasnt the only hanging in NY.
PepeLaPew

Lynbrook, NY

#79 Apr 2, 2013
Stephen wrote:
I can't see where there'd be any problems for gays in a coffe shop in Port. Shouldn't be in a bar either. How would anyone know your gay anyways? I'd definitely stay out of the bars in Matamoras though.
In order for there not haveing any problems for Gays in a coffie shop you would have to put a glass door on the Mens room.
joe

West New York, NJ

#80 May 26, 2013
I think from their comments , they don't welcome gay people. but If they speak for most of the people then why shouldn't they have their town the way they like it? as long as they don't go around harming other people. its better people are honest about what they want then not. I live just outside New York City and know what its like when outsiders from the slums of the outer burrows of N.Y.C try to bring change to my town ,{and they did and now it's a dump too} I say go back to where the hell you came from if you want it that way ! honesty is still the best policy even if you don't like what you hear.
Fruit Of The LOON

Lynbrook, NY

#81 Jun 17, 2013
Laurence Stevens wrote:
Yes Brian, we know you know there are gays in Port Jervis.
And Loose Stool is one of them.
Aaron Hernandez

Montague, NJ

#82 Oct 1, 2013
Matamoras has no queer bars, Stephen, you homo.
burkeslaw

Port Jervis, NY

#83 Feb 4, 2014
Are there any shemale clubs in or mrsr port jervis
OsamaObama

Branchville, NJ

#84 Feb 6, 2014
Try the Hotel Fauchere and ask for Bridgette/Brian.
bluto

Port Jervis, NY

#85 Mar 11, 2014
Popeye and I see a few gays walking around... It is what it is
bluto

Port Jervis, NY

#86 Mar 11, 2014
burkeslaw wrote:
Are there any shemale clubs in or mrsr port jervis
Dad's Place in PJ. Ask for a guy name Jim he's the house drag queen
Tourist

Staten Island, NY

#87 May 30, 2015
For what it's worth I saw a gay couple outside a bar in Port Jervis last week holding hands and no one was being a jerk to them. I guess the sad thing is that anywhere you go you might encounter ignorant people, but hopefully when you do some upstanding citizens will put them in their place and tell them to mind their own business. I'm not gay, but I looked up "gay in Port Jervis" because it gives you a sense of how open or close minded a town is, and I'm thinking of moving to Port, but I just don't want to live around mean, petty people who don't have anything better to do but hate other people of no reason.
Love it in Port

Montague, NJ

#88 Jun 5, 2015
If you're section 8 eligible, come on down! Yous can spends all yo govament money in Matimorris cause dey gots lots of cigerette stores and a WallMart. When yur kids need bikes, you go to Matimorris late at night and steal them. I loves it here.
Glen

Franklin Square, NY

#89 Feb 19, 2016
A friend said he had a great time with someone named Loose stool in a Port Jervis gay bar.
Jock- Itch

Valley Stream, NY

#90 Dec 13, 2016
I met up with Glen at the gay bar and he said he won't share Loose Stool

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westtown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Port Jervis boom cars could be quieted (Mar '09) Oct '17 Joe Morgenstern 284
News Man charged with having sex with 14-year-old girl (Oct '10) Sep '17 Fed up on Brooklyn 12
Westtown Great Pyrenees Breeder Aug '17 mmc13080 1
How come Middletown has so many drug dealers? (Dec '08) Aug '17 Johnny 48
News When do Kiryas Joel officials meet? Theya re no... (Mar '17) May '17 Moshe Janklowitz 9
Cottage St. Dance Hall 1940s/50s (Feb '17) May '17 George 2
crooked doctors in orange county? (Mar '15) May '17 yidfellas v USA 4

Westtown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westtown Mortgages