Posted in the Westport Forum
#1 May 9, 2012
Who had the house fire in Port Henry last night?
#2 May 9, 2012
Spring street couple and thier five children lost everything
#4 May 10, 2012
No they didn't burn it down for money they not only lost a animal & everything they owned but they had no insurance. The garbage in the back belongs to some guy in Vermont who owns the 2 houses behind them. So before anyone makes accusations get your facts straight. This family lost everything to smoke & fire. maybe we should just be thankful that the 7 of them were not home so they were not injured.
#9 May 10, 2012
Why is everyone feeling sorry for these ppl? How dumb not to have insurance. For a few bucks a month you can replace everything.the boys r monsters, molesting girls and getting thrown out of school for chewing tobacco and then throwing a fit! They seemed to still be dressed better than most ( American eagle ect ) considering they lost everything. They will probally be insulted if anyone donates anything other than popular name brands
#10 May 10, 2012
You guys are just soo dumb. You know nothing about theses boys there really nice soo maybe it's the other way around grow a set of balls and say it to there face maybe!
#11 May 10, 2012
The cake layers can be baked, cooled, and wrapped in plastic up to a day ahead. Just before serving, spread filling over one layer, leaving a 1-inch border around the edge, then assemble the cake. When it's time for dessert, make the meringue, frost the cake, and brown it.
Everyday Food, April 2007 Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 40 minutes
Yield Serves 10
Add to Shopping List
12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pans
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pans
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs, plus 3 large egg yolks (reserving whites for meringue, plus 1 additional white)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup milk
5 ounces frozen raspberries, thawed and drained (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup raspberry preserves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in center. Butter two 8-inch round cake pans; line bottoms with parchment paper. Butter paper; dust with flour; tap out excess. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl, beat butter with 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla; beat until combined.
3. Alternately add flour mixture and milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat just until combined. Divide batter between prepared pans.
4. Bake cakes side by side (not touching), rotating pans halfway through, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes. Run a knife around edge of pans. Invert cakes onto a cooling rack; remove parchment. Cool completely, upside down.(Wrap in plastic, and store at room temperature, up to 1 day.)
5. In a small bowl, combine raspberries and preserves. On an ovenproof serving platter, place one cake layer, bottom side up; spread with raspberry mixture, leaving a 1-inch border. Top with second cake layer, bottom side up.
6. Preheat oven to 450 degrees, with rack in bottom third. Using an electric mixer, beat reserved whites with additional egg white until soft peaks form. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating whites until stiff. Using a spatula, frost top and sides of cake, lifting spatula occasionally to make peaks. Bake until tips of meringue brown slightly, about 2 minutes, watching carefully so they don't burn.
#13 May 18, 2012
Is there someone to contact to see if this family needs clothing? The suffering and loss of a family pet as well as your belongings is a hardship I'd wish on nobody.
Think of the family pictures and mementos. I'd like to help if it's in my means.
#15 May 18, 2012
#17 Jun 26, 2012
You are a coldhearted human being!!! Hope you never have to go through that same thing.
#18 Feb 24, 2013
Moriah Port Henry Fire Dept. Allows anyone to become members... without looking into backgrounds.
#19 Feb 24, 2013
...for making Ticonderoga look so friggin good !!!
Add your comments below
|Scott martell||5 hr||Lynn||4|
|Best Moriah Football Coach||9 hr||tiaa||1|
|Port Henry write-ins sweep election||11 hr||tiaa||8|
|Mindy Kimball||11 hr||Wow||1|
|Kurstin mauran||11 hr||Wow||10|
|Ticonderoga druggies||11 hr||now||1|
Find what you want!
Search Westport Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC