Police: Cop shoots, kills rifle-wielding man

Apr 2, 2013 Full story: Connecticut Post 25

Police on the scene of a fatal shooting involving a Bridgeport police detetctive Tuesday morning.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BPT

Wallingford, CT

#1 Apr 2, 2013
being a cop is a tough job.
AVA-AVA-AVA

Spartanburg, SC

#2 Apr 2, 2013
BPT wrote:
being a cop is a tough job.
Having two who are relatives I agree.I hope you had a lovely Easter and the weather is warming up for you.It is going to be in the high 70's all week here.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Apr 2, 2013
AVA-AVA-AVA wrote:
<quoted text>Having two who are relatives I agree.I hope you had a lovely Easter and the weather is warming up for you.It is going to be in the high 70's all week here.
It's finally turning nice here. The sun is bright, grass finally turning green, last of the snow piles are disappearing.
I need to move south!
bpthoodnews

Lodi, NJ

#4 Apr 2, 2013
Does that count as the city 1st murder

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#5 Apr 2, 2013
Yes, it does.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#6 Apr 2, 2013
bpthoodnews wrote:
Does that count as the city 1st murder
Good question, I doubt it.
bpthoodnews

Lodi, NJ

#7 Apr 2, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question, I doubt it.
so It just nothing
BPT

Wallingford, CT

#8 Apr 3, 2013
i was watching ch 12 news last night and the black community is in an outrage once again about this incident..........yet no one in the community asks the question why was a young man running around in the street with a shot gun shooting it and pointed it at a cop?

where's the common sense?
Lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#9 Apr 3, 2013
BPT wrote:
i was watching ch 12 news last night and the black community is in an outrage once again about this incident..........yet no one in the community asks the question why was a young man running around in the street with a shot gun shooting it and pointed it at a cop?
He was also a felon, so why did he have a gun in the first place? Out at night with a rifle!!! Hmmmm....I don't think he was out squirrel hunting. Then the dufus points it at a cop, yeah, smart thing to do numbnuts.
Funny how the blacks fail to see the error of his ways, but always blame the police no matter what the situation is.
BPT

Wallingford, CT

#10 Apr 3, 2013
Lifeisshort wrote:
<quoted text>He was also a felon, so why did he have a gun in the first place? Out at night with a rifle!!! Hmmmm....I don't think he was out squirrel hunting. Then the dufus points it at a cop, yeah, smart thing to do numbnuts.
Funny how the blacks fail to see the error of his ways, but always blame the police no matter what the situation is.
agree. they were saying things like why did the cop shoot to kill him? why not wound him? like the officer had a choice..........do ya think this felon was thinking that way?
another city hall march?
meanwhile black on black crime escalates, clean up your own house before you talk about everyone elses.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#11 Apr 3, 2013
bpthoodnews wrote:
<quoted text>
so It just nothing
Homicide, not murder, but 'gun-related death' which makes all the liberals happy.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#12 Apr 3, 2013
BPT wrote:
It's 2013. Common sense is now a code word for racism.
BPT

Wallingford, CT

#13 Apr 3, 2013
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's 2013. Common sense is now a code word for racism.
i'm fed up with the "victim" card being played constantly. even our president plays the "victim" card when things don't go his way. instead of staying in washington and trying to work out whatever issue he has, he goes on another roadshow tour, at the cost to us taxpayers,bemoaning the the public about the issue.
maybe this is one reason why it is being played so often, things do trickle down from the top.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#14 Apr 3, 2013
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>i'm fed up with the "victim" card being played constantly. even our president plays the "victim" card when things don't go his way. instead of staying in washington and trying to work out whatever issue he has, he goes on another roadshow tour, at the cost to us taxpayers,bemoaning the the public about the issue.
maybe this is one reason why it is being played so often, things do trickle down from the top.
Glad to hear you're not marching on city hall for the 'right' to point a shotgun at a cop. But still, we're doomed.
America Gentleman Samuel

Hartford, CT

#15 Apr 3, 2013
BPT wrote:
You answered your own question in your first line, "the black community". Common sense should not be used in this reasoning.
just wrong

Bridgeport, CT

#16 Apr 3, 2013
Im a black man, this is racist, 1st why is the white cop in this part of town, second, why is there no black police chicf or deputy chiefs, why is the mayor white, why dont the black cops like capt daniels ever shoot any one, he has solve the most murders and never killed any one, why that. Also why did my snap card drop to 200 buck this month, tired of this dumb ass city.
America Gentleman Samuel

Hartford, CT

#17 Apr 3, 2013
just wrong wrote:
Im a black man, this is racist, 1st why is the white cop in this part of town, second, why is there no black police chicf or deputy chiefs, why is the mayor white, why dont the black cops like capt daniels ever shoot any one, he has solve the most murders and never killed any one, why that. Also why did my snap card drop to 200 buck this month, tired of this dumb ass city.
I would say use your SNAP card for a pill but there is no pills that fix stupidity.

“'never'”

Location hidden

#18 Apr 3, 2013
just wrong wrote:
Ok I give up.... I've read this post several times and I honestly can't tell if you are being serious or not.

Are you kidding?
Lifeisshort

Seymour, CT

#19 Apr 4, 2013
just wrong wrote:
There you go again with the racist card. This is getting a little boring don't you think? Why can't you people just own up to the fact that what this kid did was wrong? And you wonder why whites hate you? You can't even think straight outside of your little imperfect black world.
So what you're implying is that if the cop was black and he shot the punk it would be ok with you, but not a white cop? So now, who is the racist? I think you've got more to worry about than your dumb snap card.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#20 Apr 4, 2013
Lifeisshort wrote:
<quoted text>There you go again with the racist card. This is getting a little boring don't you think? Why can't you people just own up to the fact that what this kid did was wrong? And you wonder why whites hate you? You can't even think straight outside of your little imperfect black world.
So what you're implying is that if the cop was black and he shot the punk it would be ok with you, but not a white cop? So now, who is the racist? I think you've got more to worry about than your dumb snap card.
That post was an obvious joke, but it got you to react, which was the point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min Frijoles 71,305
let the dead-michael-jackson jokes begin!!! (Jun '09) 7 hr Kayla 236
Lawyer: Dunbar principal never "intended" to steal 9 hr lifeisshort 6
Bridgeport Ranks 2nd To Last Among Nation's Col... 13 hr American Gentlema... 7
No Fun at Pleasure Beach (Aug '10) Fri Connecticut Tippy 1,290
Hello Lisa and Artsy (Feb '09) Dec 26 Connecticut Tippy 62
UFO Alert: Police Officer Sees Aliens at Crop C... (Oct '09) Dec 25 Damon 5

Westport News Video

Westport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Westport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE