Stratford Mayor Assistant

Posted in the Westport Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Stupid

Amherst, MA

#1 Jul 7, 2008
IS it true the Mayor Miron now has another personal assistant? Is that now 3 or is this one replacing one of the other two? I heard this in passing and was wondering what the facts were.
rat-bas-turd

Morris, CT

#2 Jul 7, 2008
he hired the editor lady from the Stratford Star. You know, the one who may have orchestrated what appearers to have been a media blackout of the reg. of voters scandal. I wonder if fred was offered the job first.

Three words Quid Pro Quo.
stupid

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jul 7, 2008
So now not only was this town run by a town manager, but that one position needed to be replaced by a mayor, THREE assistants, and a CAO??? How can this happen with all the people that have been laid off in town and the cutbacks made to all the departments, due to what they call, a financial crisis? Something needs to be done about this. You cant keep cutting that employees that make up the majority of your work force to continue hiring people that are friendly to you! People of Stratford, whether you see it or not all of your services are being cut so these types of things can happen. Stand up and do something, remember this when you vote!!
Jezebel282

New Rochelle, NY

#4 Jul 8, 2008
Good morning,
I am pleased to announce that Linda Goodman has joined the Town of Stratford
as an Assistant to the Mayor.
Prior to joining my office, Linda served as the editor of the Stratford
Star. Prior to the Star, Linda was the managing editor of the Darien
News-Review.
Linda will assume Gina’s responsibilities and other assignments in my
office. Gina will be taking over the railroad clerk/administrator position.
Ashley will continue in her role as Assistant to the Mayor and will now be
handling my schedule. Please contact Ashley with all event and meeting
requests.
Heather will continue in her role as Assistant to the Mayor.
I hope you will all join me in welcoming Linda.
Please contact me should you have any questions.
Sincerely,
James R. Miron, Mayor
Town of Stratford
2725 Main Street
Stratford, CT 06615
Marco from Stratford

Newington, CT

#5 Jul 8, 2008
Are they all really needed?

Are they all busy every minute of every day?

Linda's job is what, public relations for the mayor or for the town? Don't we have somebody to do this for the town? Her background of newpaper person only shows that she might be good as PR.

Why does the Mayor need that??
Marco from Stratford

Newington, CT

#6 Jul 8, 2008
What is a railroad clerk??

Since: May 08

AOL

#7 Jul 8, 2008
You got to be kidding me.... Is this real or another nightmare. Even the President does not have that many assistants. This is truly getting out of hand here. Do many of these so called new employees realize that when a new Mayor come in they are bye bye? Our services are going down, people are getting laid off but another has been added? What exactly does the Mayor do to have so many aides and assistants? He can't even show up at functions he is supposed to be at on time and sometimes does not show up at all. Personally I have had it. So many good employees were let go, what an insult to them and to all of us here in Stratford. Can't wait to see who is hired next. Could her position buy some much needed parts for the fire trucks? Is it more important to have another aide instead of public safety. Taxes go up services go down, I would say enough is enough. He is now going off the deep end!!!!!!
stupid

United States

#8 Jul 8, 2008
Ok so he HAD three assistants already and is now moving one to hire another, but still has people he laid off and has not hired back due to cited financial problems.

Is it also true about Heather going to school during work hours while being paid for a 40 hr work week? How can Ashley work 40 hours a week handling a schedule? What were Gina's assignments that Linda will now be taking over? What specific duties does Heather have as the Mayor's assistant?
Jezebel282

New Rochelle, NY

#9 Jul 8, 2008
Railroad Clerk = the person who is stuck counting the receipts from the daily parking at the RR station, processing parking fines and letting the waiting list ferment.

Or, put another way

Railroad Clerk = the $7/hour part time clerk Miron fired 2 years ago. Now it will only cost us $17/hour plus full benefits.
Marco from Stratford

Newington, CT

#10 Jul 8, 2008
stupid wrote:
Ok so he HAD three assistants already and is now moving one to hire another, but still has people he laid off and has not hired back due to cited financial problems.
Is it also true about Heather going to school during work hours while being paid for a 40 hr work week? How can Ashley work 40 hours a week handling a schedule? What were Gina's assignments that Linda will now be taking over? What specific duties does Heather have as the Mayor's assistant?
OK --
So where do we find this info??
All very good questions. BTW.

Anybody have a clue???
Marco from Stratford

Newington, CT

#11 Jul 8, 2008
Jezebel282 wrote:
Railroad Clerk = the person who is stuck counting the receipts from the daily parking at the RR station, processing parking fines and letting the waiting list ferment.
Or, put another way
Railroad Clerk = the $7/hour part time clerk Miron fired 2 years ago. Now it will only cost us $17/hour plus full benefits.
Why not get a HIGH SCHOOL CO_OP to do this job for a couple of hours a day. 7 or 8 buck an hour??
How about an out of work or stay at home mom?
A few hours a day.... might be perfect fit.
Jezebel282

New Rochelle, NY

#12 Jul 8, 2008
Marco,

Ask Miron. He got rid of Vinnie (the exceptionally kind and protective guard) at the RR station, hired a rent-a-cop company (I've never seen anyone there any more) and now is going to put Gina in the little shack.
Jezebel282

New Rochelle, NY

#13 Jul 8, 2008
stupid wrote:
No...Heather is also the "acting" grants writer. She is getting much more money for that. ASHLEY is the high school student that Miron is putting through college on our dime.
Marco from Stratford

Newington, CT

#15 Jul 8, 2008
What did he say to Jewish Woman at the VFW??

Since: May 08

AOL

#18 Jul 8, 2008
Jezebel:

Remind me not to read posts with water in my mouth...LOL
Sylvia Guberman

New Rochelle, NY

#19 Jul 8, 2008
Yes, what happened in the VFW hall on Barnum Ave. is a fact and I received a call immediately after it happened from some very prominent people in town. She was very well trained and picked up that something must be wrong in the town for him to be elected as the mayor. No, she could not be arrested because she had diplomatic immunity being an Israeli worker employed in the Consulate in New York. Unfortunately she should not have been here then. The police covered this up and it is also known by several agencies. A bigot is a bigot and unfortunately there is no antibiotic to cure such.
Jezebel282

New Rochelle, NY

#20 Jul 8, 2008
Sorry about that.
Jezebel282

New Rochelle, NY

#22 Jul 8, 2008
stupid wrote:
If you wish, the specific duties are posted here: http://stratfordcharter.wordpress.com/2008/06...

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#24 Jul 8, 2008
Mike Henricks wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe we can get some desent coverage in this town now instead of the negatories by Richie Weazle.
Jim we all know it is you & your group-cut it out

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#25 Jul 8, 2008
Mike Henricks wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe we can get some desent coverage in this town now instead of the negatories by Richie Weazle.
You gave yourself away b/c ONLY you calls Rich WEIZEL -weasal

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-bank manager admits stealing $516,000 from e... (Apr '09) 10 hr Crazy 362
News Bridgeport Mayoral candidates to debate education 13 hr American Insane Sam 4
News PD: Woman Arrested in Home Depot Checkout Scheme 13 hr American Insane Sam 9
BOYCOTT Oreos and Chips Ahoy! and fig Newtons 14 hr Norwalks deep throat 2
Again the NPD with the Coverup 14 hr Norwalks deep throat 5
News Bridgeport PD: Help us catch this burglar 15 hr Richard 2
Duff seen at farmers market in Norwalk sat 15 hr Norwalks deep throat 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westport Mortgages