First Prev
of 4
Next Last
The big cheese

Acton, MA

#64 Oct 31, 2012
Ive been there I'm originally from buckhannon which is 15 minutes away.my friends and I have been there on several occasions but the very last time we we went we finagled our way inside the church. Rumor has it there is a bible inside and when you try to take the bible it gets heavy and heavy well us being the sceptic Pearson we were we got into church even though it is closed up. Right when we got in I got a gut feeling idk if it was we weren't aloud to be there or we weren't wanted there but frankly I didn't like it at all but we were like oh we'll let's get the bible and leave. my buddy and I found a bible on the back of one of the benches and picked it up and laughed and said this is a joke nothing is happening suddenly his sister pointed to the front of the church , there it was the bible that was ment to stay inside. My buddy Dill and I approached it slowly and got up to the podium and snatched it up and felt not a thing we walked slowly down the isle to exit the church both holding a end of the bible taunting his sister satin we knew it was all a hoax she opened the door so we could leave and suddenly the bible slammed to the floor I was like wtf bro why did you do that pick it up he said it wasn't me and swore so I went to pick it up and it was stuck I asked him for help thinking two heads better than one so we got it up and heard a big slam up at the podium like if someone slammed both hands down on it in rage we Reyes to run out the door each holding end of the bible and right at the door way we were kicked the F!!K down it was like if two people had each end of a log holding it on there stomach and ran the middle of it into a tree and it didn't break. His sister started cryin her eyes out yelling us to hurry up and ran to the truck we both got up and diped out of that place real fast got in the truck and told not a soul what happened this is the first time I have shared this experience with anyone I'll be moving back to buckhannon from Boston in a year and will get my buddy to go back with me and a video camera and post a YouTube I'm sure people will not believe this but many may but Idc I was there it was real. If you have had any stories at loveberry repost to my story start it out to The Big Cheese. Thanks for reading let's here what you think of my experience
BU at heart

Washington, DC

#65 Nov 1, 2012
DAMN wrote:
I agree with WTF, show some proof . You can"t do it. Due to over active imaginations, and a need to assure yourself there is something after death, you hang on to the hope of a ghost. I for one would find something better to do in an afterlife besides hang out in old buildings, houses, cemetaries and make noises.
HAHA!!
p00ch

Morgantown, WV

#66 Nov 17, 2012
Ive always heard that it was haunted, never had any experiences though. I have however creeped out a few of my out of state friends, good for some laughs. With that being said there is one story that sticks out in my mind. I remember as a kid being told that the church bible couldnt be taken from the building, the closer you got to the door with it the heavier it got. Any one ever heard that one?? Can someone shed some light on that for me?
p00ch

Morgantown, WV

#67 Nov 17, 2012
I would try it myself but B&E isnt on my list of things to do. Unless the owner or someone with permission would allow me to try ... any takers lol.
1 post removed
gurlwitabigass

Monongahela, PA

#69 Mar 29, 2013
I grew up within a mile from there its spooky but nothing more than any other old church. There are houses over the hill, an alarm system, and a guy who drives up to see whats going on when ppl r up there making noise n hanging out. Its a beautiful old church that has been preserved well. The neighboring ppl keep an eye out because jackasses wanna break windows n try to get n. The used to have it open for service a couple days a year
gurlwitabigass

Monongahela, PA

#70 Mar 29, 2013
The big cheese wrote:
Ive been there I'm originally from buckhannon which is 15 minutes away.my friends and I have been there on several occasions but the very last time we we went we finagled our way inside the church. Rumor has it there is a bible inside and when you try to take the bible it gets heavy and heavy well us being the sceptic Pearson we were we got into church even though it is closed up. Right when we got in I got a gut feeling idk if it was we weren't aloud to be there or we weren't wanted there but frankly I didn't like it at all but we were like oh we'll let's get the bible and leave. my buddy and I found a bible on the back of one of the benches and picked it up and laughed and said this is a joke nothing is happening suddenly his sister pointed to the front of the church , there it was the bible that was ment to stay inside. My buddy Dill and I approached it slowly and got up to the podium and snatched it up and felt not a thing we walked slowly down the isle to exit the church both holding a end of the bible taunting his sister satin we knew it was all a hoax she opened the door so we could leave and suddenly the bible slammed to the floor I was like wtf bro why did you do that pick it up he said it wasn't me and swore so I went to pick it up and it was stuck I asked him for help thinking two heads better than one so we got it up and heard a big slam up at the podium like if someone slammed both hands down on it in rage we Reyes to run out the door each holding end of the bible and right at the door way we were kicked the F!!K down it was like if two people had each end of a log holding it on there stomach and ran the middle of it into a tree and it didn't break. His sister started cryin her eyes out yelling us to hurry up and ran to the truck we both got up and diped out of that place real fast got in the truck and told not a soul what happened this is the first time I have shared this experience with anyone I'll be moving back to buckhannon from Boston in a year and will get my buddy to go back with me and a video camera and post a YouTube I'm sure people will not believe this but many may but Idc I was there it was real. If you have had any stories at loveberry repost to my story start it out to The Big Cheese. Thanks for reading let's here what you think of my experience
so how did u get in exactly? Break some windows? I've tried the bible thing, not by breaking and entering. I could have taken the bible home. I know some ppl playing with a Ouija board about 20 yes ago down the rd in an old cabin they rented off Mary burns who owned the store. There were knocks on the door coming from outside. According to the board it was Thomas Quirk the preacher. I believe in the supernatural but I believe its not something to ness with or invite
WOWZER

Weston, WV

#71 Apr 4, 2013
Its haunted
kindaconfused

Clarksburg, WV

#72 Apr 4, 2013
hahaha wrote:
been to this church many many many times. lived in weston for over 30 years. always heard the stories of this church being haunted and supposedly not being able to carry the bible out because it gets heavier with each step. Also heard the story that satanists supposedly killed the preacher/pastor/priest whatever he is and buried him alive. Its all a just a story and a rumor thats spread like wildfire. been there during full moon and probably every other moon phase. Never had one thing ever happen to convince me otherwise. Ive known people who do believe its haunted, but personally I dont believe so. This is my opinion and whether you agree or not, to each their own. Opinions vary but every story ive heard of the place is interesting to hear or read. The church is illegal to be in at night time cause of vandalism from local youth. So the headlights you see are from the houses you pass to get there. One of those houses is the residence of a cop, just saying
How can they kill him and bury him alive?
Lc class of 80

Alexandria, VA

#73 Sep 26, 2013
I went up in the bitch one time and there was a bunch of old gay men up there spooning
Jack Reynolds

Brooklyn, NY

#74 Sep 26, 2013
I have kids and they were molested by some guy up there eating chicken
1 post removed
just wondering

Buckhannon, WV

#76 Nov 1, 2014
Do they have services there anymore?
Ash

Clarksburg, WV

#77 Nov 1, 2014
Lived on loveberry in the yellow house around the turn right beside the church for 18 years... Never had anything paranormal or off happen.
Creepy stuff

Weston, WV

#78 Nov 1, 2014
What about the stories of removing the bible from there. How it ca t be done. Anyone know anything about that?

Since: Oct 14

Location hidden

#79 Nov 1, 2014
Creepy stuff wrote:
What about the stories of removing the bible from there. How it ca t be done. Anyone know anything about that?
It's bull.

My girlfriend and I broke in, had sex on the altar (anal), and then took the Bible and later used its pages as toilet paper.

It's our goal to have sex in every church in Weston.
Anonymous

Fairmont, WV

#80 Feb 27, 2015
Me and my friends are looking to contact the owner of The Loveberry Church. Because we want to Investigate it.
1 post removed
Casey Toler

Parkersburg, WV

#82 Feb 27, 2015
I am also interested in visiting the church. My sister and I love to check out places with an interesting story. Vandalism is not on my list of things to do, though. If anyone can tell me how to gain (legal) access, please do so!
Catholicgirl

Staunton, VA

#83 Feb 28, 2015
Most of my ancestors are buried there and have mass there twice a year - show some respect for those who have passed/ it's a house of the Lord.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Raccoon hoards taking over 1 hr Weston resident 3
Justice for Archie Ray Higgins 1 hr Weston resident 23
Do You have a COLD HEART OR NONE AT ALL 1 hr Weston resident 7
Wilderness plantation involved in missing women... (Sep '13) 17 hr Dave hughes 45
Fireworks? 17 hr Spellcheck 9
lillie wiant gum 20 hr lol 1
Tami and Alex Fri LCLE 6
More from around the web

Weston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Weston Mortgages