wondering

Penn Laird, VA

#45 Oct 9, 2011
Whats the history behind this place?
Chauncey

Buckhannon, WV

#46 Oct 20, 2011
Founded in 1910 by Father Thomas A. Quirk, the remote Roman Catholic church in

Lewis County is subject to a few odd and frightening tales of the paranormal. Most of these stories involve a story of the abandoned church being haunted by it's founder and most famous resident, Father Quir. Local teenagers drive to the church at night and especially on Halloween to get scared. One of the more famous tales involves a Book of Holy Sacrament that has repeatedly been stolen, only to reappear inside the church. The story goes that when a person tries to steals this book the weight of their sin makes the book extremely heavy and they are forced to drop it before exiting the church. The most chilling tale has been one involving a would be vandal who disappeared after attempting to set fire to this church. He, nor his car were found. the only telltale signs; tracks leading over the edge of the steep hills that surround the church. Due to some recent vandalism, security cameras have been placed in and around the church."

Basically thats about all you can find about it on the internet. I'm not sure if all the stories are true. The church is now locked.. we have tried to get ahold of owners to request permission to go inside, and get more info about the church but no one ever answers the phone.

Add Love Berry on Facebook! Keep sharing your stories people :) and if you know of any other places please share!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...
curious

Buckhannon, WV

#47 Oct 21, 2011
Can anyone tell me if this church has a steeple/tower/belfry? Is the place kept up well or is it overgrown?
LMAO

Clarksburg, WV

#48 Nov 7, 2011
The local people of Loveberry keep watch on the Church. People have broken in an vandalized the place many times. Now when intruders go there the local people will follow you to make sure it isn't being broken into. That would explain why people are being followed when going up there.
chauncey

Buckhannon, WV

#49 Nov 8, 2011
Curious, the place is pretty kept up. There is a steeple, I THINK there's a bell tower but I'm not for sure
curious

Penn Laird, VA

#50 Nov 9, 2011
Why dont the people living around it tell the story to stop the people from coming up there?
anna

Branchland, WV

#51 Nov 10, 2011
They still hold Mass there once a year. I was there for this Mass once and got to see inside the church. The Catholic Church keeps it up very well. Father Quirk is buried there in the cemetery. The story goes that the Father had to walk to the church at St. Michael's and St. Bridget's in the Orlando area and Jesse James came along one and gave his horse to the "Padre". I was told this by some members of St.Boniface.
myke b

United States

#52 Nov 27, 2011
The time to go is on a full moon at 3:00 a.m (bewitching hour) go there believing nothin will happen.an see what happens yourself.I know I'm never going back.
myke b

United States

#53 Nov 27, 2011
Btw I waz a non believer...not n.e more
chauncey

Buckhannon, WV

#54 Feb 5, 2012
myke b wrote:
Btw I waz a non believer...not n.e more
What happened to you there?
Slappy

Alexandria, VA

#55 Feb 21, 2012
no one wrote:
WTF u have downsyndrom ghost r real n yes my hole family lives on loveberry the chuch is honted i wont u to try to take the bible out of the church u wont make it to the door no one ever has thats tryed so if u dont belieave go get the bible hell my own house is honted so i no there real i hear them playin in my house up stairs all the time my 16year old brother my two aunts n grandma r up there they all past away belieave it or not it dont make a shit to me i wont lose no sleep over ur retarded ass so get the bible tough one later people
Actually, the older brother of one of my friends in high school took the bible from the church and left it on the steps at St. Pat's in town. As far as I know, he doesn't have superhuman strength or anything, so I am thinking that this story is not true. That being said, it is an interesting story, and I always heard it growing up.
Robin MARSH

Lexington, KY

#56 Mar 2, 2012
This is wild commentary I'm hearing. I grew up there and never when I was a kid did I hear of the hauntings. I am 52. I am wondering if this is some sort of hysteria sightings as the past few years have pretty much bombarded us with these stories. I will be checking it out when I visit WV again in March. My cousin lives right down the road from St. Bernards. We will take my rods, camera and audio device and see what we can see. Our trip last year to Flinderaton tunnel yeilded no paranormal results, so we'll see.
Chauncey

Buckhannon, WV

#57 Mar 3, 2012
Robin MARSH wrote:
This is wild commentary I'm hearing. I grew up there and never when I was a kid did I hear of the hauntings. I am 52. I am wondering if this is some sort of hysteria sightings as the past few years have pretty much bombarded us with these stories. I will be checking it out when I visit WV again in March. My cousin lives right down the road from St. Bernards. We will take my rods, camera and audio device and see what we can see. Our trip last year to Flinderaton tunnel yeilded no paranormal results, so we'll see.
Yeah we went to flinderation && nothing happened at all.
slkfjs

United States

#58 Mar 24, 2012
every time i've went there ive been fallowed out by a vehicle. and i have a picture with a shadow of a guy in one of the stain glass windows. i think its a real creepy place. last halloween right as we went up the hill a black cat went in front of our truck that was the second black cat that went in front of us that night.
buffy

Elkins, WV

#59 Apr 9, 2012
The pictures of the church and cemetery show a very well kept church and lot. The history of Father Quirk is interesting too. Can't tell you about the hauntings. Have never been there.
Chauncey

Buckhannon, WV

#60 May 3, 2012
I heard recently someone say that it's been said that the 'graves move'. Has anyone ever heard that before?

If anyone has anymore stories please message at the Loveberry Fb
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...
Wow

Buckhannon, WV

#61 Oct 25, 2012
Is this stuff true?
hahaha

Weston, WV

#62 Oct 26, 2012
been to this church many many many times. lived in weston for over 30 years. always heard the stories of this church being haunted and supposedly not being able to carry the bible out because it gets heavier with each step. Also heard the story that satanists supposedly killed the preacher/pastor/priest whatever he is and buried him alive. Its all a just a story and a rumor thats spread like wildfire. been there during full moon and probably every other moon phase. Never had one thing ever happen to convince me otherwise. Ive known people who do believe its haunted, but personally I dont believe so. This is my opinion and whether you agree or not, to each their own. Opinions vary but every story ive heard of the place is interesting to hear or read. The church is illegal to be in at night time cause of vandalism from local youth. So the headlights you see are from the houses you pass to get there. One of those houses is the residence of a cop, just saying
Dennis Poing Super Tech

Providence, RI

#63 Oct 26, 2012
hey to all of you ladies,

i have a nice pair of loveberries that you can come and enjoy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brittany Lattea 7 hr westons finest 8
Tina White Bleigh 8 hr Ashley 2
eli carpenter 9 hr Youre pathetic 2
People make me sick 10 hr thunderbuddiesfor... 4
sebastian marple 12 hr biggie 12
Chris clark 13 hr buckshot 5
lorrie hefner has black teeth 13 hr lorriehefner 10
More from around the web

Weston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE