Battle wages on over historic Arnold-...

Battle wages on over historic Arnold-Edwards House

There are 5 comments on the WTVR Richmond story from Jan 18, 2010, titled Battle wages on over historic Arnold-Edwards House. In it, WTVR Richmond reports that:

WESTON, W.Va. - Preservationists are fighting to save the historic home of the man who helped create the state of West Virginia when it seceded from Virginia.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVR Richmond.

“Up yours ”

Since: Mar 07

weston,wv

#1 Jan 18, 2010
Typical of this town tear down a historical landmark in order to build another parking lot.
not a teahead

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jan 18, 2010
jim pickens wrote:
Typical of this town tear down a historical landmark in order to build another parking lot.
I would go with that, take pictures of it and tear it down. Some dumb landmark holding up progress. WV need the jobs for sure.
Why keep honoring someone who started the hillbilly society?
not a demorat

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Jan 20, 2010
not a teahead wrote:
<quoted text>
I would go with that, take pictures of it and tear it down. Some dumb landmark holding up progress. WV need the jobs for sure.
Why keep honoring someone who started the hillbilly society?
bet it would be ok if they built a housing project and housed some of your brothers there
Betty Boop

Clarksburg, WV

#4 Mar 27, 2011
jim pickens wrote:
Jim, There are plans afoot to adopt the song "Big Yellow Taxi by Joni Mitchell" as the official City of Weston theme song but Lewis County will likely sue as they want it too!!!!
Eastwood

Glen Allen, VA

#5 Mar 27, 2011
Just what weston needs! Another delapadated building to try to get someone to turn into a circus. Hell every building in the down town ared is a HISTORIC DUMP......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 hr Hickabilly BR549 1,341
Zack Corathers 8 hr Just wondering 4
Alex Debar 8 hr Whocaree 3
Nicest street in town 11 hr good thread starter 3
West Virginia and Tad Lincoln 12 hr Meherewv 1
lloyd robbing the cradle 15 hr bren 2
Thieves 15 hr Pi--ed Off 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Weston Mortgages