first baptist church
LOL

United States

#6 Jan 27, 2013
The current pastor has been there 5 years plus. There WAS a deacon that resigned due an addiction but it was not pot. The other stuff you all have mentioned is completely fabricated in order to create drama.
3 posts removed

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#10 Jan 27, 2013
Sounds like most churches: filled with weak-willed immoral sheep who think morality and religion go hand-in-hand when it's actually the exact opposite. If people continue to be so adamant in feeling they need organized religion, we need to at least tax the hell out of these churches. We could have an actual moral society with an actual healthcare system, livable wages for state employees, and better funding for schools.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#11 Jan 27, 2013
There are NO TRUE Christians here in the North.

These comments just prove the point.

Know your Bible.

It IS God's word.

John 3:16
2 posts removed
LOL

Moundsville, WV

#14 Jan 28, 2013
I'm sorry you didn't have a pleasant experience. I'm sure there are other churches in the area that you may find more hospitable. St. Matthew's is a Methodist Church and I have been there. Pastor Nettles is a very friendly individual. Real Life Church is in Shadybrook and they are Independent Baptist. Pastor Brown is a friend of our family. I have always enjoyed his company and his sermon.
1 post removed
good people

Weston, WV

#16 Jan 28, 2013
Christ_is_Lord wrote:

Know your Bible.

It IS God's word.

Why don't you like good people?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#17 Jan 28, 2013
good people wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you like good people?
"Good" people live strictly by the word of God. They KNOW the Bible and they live by God's words even when it is inconvenient.

KNOW the Bible.

It IS God's word.
2 posts removed
Belle

Elkins, WV

#20 Jan 29, 2013
Christ_is_Lord wrote:
Know your Bible.
It IS God's word.
Honey, they're ain't no true Christians in the South either. They're ain't nothing but people. People who are just being human. People just like you. You who also ain't no so-called 'True Christian'. Where's the love honey? That's all you're supposed to be doing as a Christian is spreading the love. You ain't spreading nothing but hate and not doing anybody any good. Not even yourself. Those scriptures ain't doing you no good if you just going to use them to knock people down. Cast pearls to the sheep. And if you think everybody is pigs then you shouldn't be casting them pearls that way. You need to learn that people are full of mistakes but you have to show the love even if people are full of flaws. We are all sinners sugar. Don't forget that every time you be pointing your fingers at those you calling sinners, you got three more fingers on that hand pointing right back at you. Now start showing some love before God sends a lightning bolt after your a$$.
1 post removed
LOL

Moundsville, WV

#22 Jan 31, 2013
The secretary is not on disability. She is a retired librarian and devout Christian that is very involved with her family. She is dedicated to the church and a very loving and friendly individual. She values education, nutrition, and traditional morals.
This is what I am saying, people...good people try to bring peace and positives to you and you reject them by prejudice. This is not what we were put on this earth to do to each other.
2 posts removed
Saved by Grace

Weston, WV

#25 Feb 15, 2013
For all of you who have tried to degrade the First Baptist Church of Weston you must not know the Lord and seems that you do not know the Bible. I would say that most of you don't even have a Bible. Nothing that I have read on here is true about this Church. Their Pastor is friendly and caring. His Sermons are very good he speaks from the heart not from notes and if you have ever attended this Church you would know that. The secretary is not on disability. She applied for the position when Melanie quit because she took a job at the Resort. The secretary is a very devoted Christian. If you had ever spoke with her you would know this about her. So with this being said, I sugest you open your Bible's read God's word and see if you still want to judge others on hear say. God will forgive you and so will First Baptist Church.
2 posts removed
YouRFunny

Moundsville, WV

#28 Mar 8, 2013
jacky wrote:
<quoted text>
The secretary didn't attend a service one Sunday because of the Ballard boy and a few others from St Matthews performingduring their cantata she believes all talent should come from within and she doesn't contribute herself except lining her pockets with the tithings while the pastor files false mileage reimbursements
The secretary is my grandmother. That is not why she did not attend church that Sunday. Not at all. If you must know, she has other grandchildren in sporting events on weekends and travels with them and also has livestock that need tending to at all hours. She is a faithful christian, although, I must admit, she is very traditional and very conservative, and very set in her ways. If embezzlement, fraudulent schemes, or any other illegal activity were happening within that church or office, she would resign and have no part of it. She is a strict and solid woman of good faith, morals, and values. I know this, because I often disagree with her on certain issues due to her conservative views. But she is as stubborn as I am! Hahahahaha! She is a good woman. Very educated. Very strong. Too good to be mentioned on a trash forum, that is for sure!
2 posts removed
ObamaSucks

Buckhannon, WV

#31 Mar 11, 2013
Big_Suze wrote:
Sounds like most churches: filled with weak-willed immoral sheep who think morality and religion go hand-in-hand when it's actually the exact opposite. If people continue to be so adamant in feeling they need organized religion, we need to at least tax the hell out of these churches. We could have an actual moral society with an actual healthcare system, livable wages for state employees, and better funding for schools.
Yeah you sound sooooo moral. Bwahaha....enjoy your atheist holiday; it's coming up on April 1.
Starz

Charlottesville, VA

#32 Nov 15, 2015
PeeterPuffer

Arlington, VA

#33 Nov 21, 2015
Some hot chicks go to that church, I enjoy going just for that
1 post removed
PussyLips4You

Baltimore, MD

#35 May 11, 2016
Frederick Melissa wrote:
My mother is the custodial there and a devout Christian. She is also a Deacon. I am a Christian but i do not go to church. I worship in my own home. People need to grow up. Just because you dont like the church doesn't mean other people have to. I may not get along with my mother but i am proud to be her daughter and a Christian.
Some hot vajayjay goes to FBC I know that much!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emily and The Old Man 31 min Feel the deal 9
i lost it all my everything. now what when you... 35 min Understand 14
Toxic couples. 36 min Knowthedeal 5
Democrats Town Hall Meeting With Senator Capito... 1 hr bonnie 9
Democratic debate party 515 Center Ave 6 hr R Scott Mick 35
Any discussions on current City matters 11 hr court house employee 11
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Thu Alex Kissinger 3,992

Weston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance