First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Spell

Buckhannon, WV

#1 Feb 6, 2013
Who is the best teacher in Weston
Icy Hot

Weston, WV

#2 Feb 6, 2013
The really talented ones have retired.
mavrick

Saint Albans, WV

#3 Feb 6, 2013
Many of the good ones have left. Very few good teachers can put up with the crap they are forced to deal with in this county.
Dan

Elkins, WV

#4 Feb 7, 2013
Pam Snyder is the best teacher in Weston!!!
Hello

Elkview, WV

#5 Feb 7, 2013
I personally believe the George Stansberry is the best teacher in Lewis County~
Ringing star

Springfield, NJ

#6 Mar 29, 2013
Barbara Tucker is the best teacher easily.
Hannah Mantana

Portage, MI

#7 Mar 29, 2013
Stansberry is the WORST teacher in this town! Teaching 10 & 11 year olds on a sophomore college level is too extreme!
And it depends on what subject the teacher is teaching and how much they care about the kids and if they actually put time into it for them to be the best.
LCStudent

United States

#8 Mar 29, 2013
Hannah Mantana wrote:
Stansberry is the WORST teacher in this town! Teaching 10 & 11 year olds on a sophomore college level is too extreme!
And it depends on what subject the teacher is teaching and how much they care about the kids and if they actually put time into it for them to be the best.
I despised Mr. Stansberry when I had him in 5th and 7th grade, but the way he taught helped me so much. I still know pretty much everything that man helped me. The formulas I learned have helped me in high school. He has my respect, though he did not when I had him.
LCStudent

Fairmont, WV

#9 Mar 29, 2013
LCStudent wrote:
<quoted text>I despised Mr. Stansberry when I had him in 5th and 7th grade, but the way he taught helped me so much. I still know pretty much everything that man helped me. The formulas I learned have helped me in high school. He has my respect, though he did not when I had him.
* that man taught me and helped me with
1 post removed
Hannah Mantana

Portage, MI

#11 Mar 29, 2013
I had him in 8th grade and he was lucky I loved science but the way he would talk to us like we were dirt was and still is unacceptable!
How can you expect a child to learn on a college level at that age? You can't!
LCStudent

Bridgeport, WV

#12 Mar 30, 2013
Hannah Mantana wrote:
I had him in 8th grade and he was lucky I loved science but the way he would talk to us like we were dirt was and still is unacceptable!
How can you expect a child to learn on a college level at that age? You can't!
And actually, he does not teach on a college level. He is harder on his students because he cares about them and wants them to be prepared for high school. He's a good man.

Since: Feb 13

Millington, TN

#13 Mar 30, 2013
Let me get this straight. You are saying that a bigoted fundamentalist science teacher is the BEST teacher in Weston? A teacher that takes up two full pages in the Democrat with a biblical tirade against gays? A teacher who is doing the same thing as bigoted Klan members did to keep blacks from gaining equality in the sixties? A teacher who ignores scientific fact if it disputes the Bible and harms the ability of science-minded children to be competitive in the future?

Wow. It's areas like Weston/Lewis Co. that make West Virginia the absolute joke it is to every other state.

LCStudent

Bridgeport, WV

#14 Mar 30, 2013
Big_Suze_65 wrote:
Let me get this straight. You are saying that a bigoted fundamentalist science teacher is the BEST teacher in Weston? A teacher that takes up two full pages in the Democrat with a biblical tirade against gays? A teacher who is doing the same thing as bigoted Klan members did to keep blacks from gaining equality in the sixties? A teacher who ignores scientific fact if it disputes the Bible and harms the ability of science-minded children to be competitive in the future?

Wow. It's areas like Weston/Lewis Co. that make West Virginia the absolute joke it is to every other state.
Well no one said a kid HAD to take him. I myself wish that they would allow religion back in the schools. But I know no one agrees with that in this town because it is "offensive". Would you be so opinionated if there was a Muslim teacher that wore a turban ? Would you say that it was not right for them to involve that part of their religion in school ? Probably not, because that is "politically incorrect" in today's society( yet it is perfectly fine to trash a man because he stands up for what he believes in. I respect George Stansberry more than any other teacher, because I was raised to stand up for what I believe in. Don't like him ? Pull your kids out of his class. Simple as that.

Since: Feb 13

Millington, TN

#15 Mar 30, 2013
There is NO place for religion in ANY civilized society. There is nothing moral about religion. Period. All religions are destructive immoral fantasies that serve as coping mechanisms for weak minded fools. Every problem we currently have as a nation is due to "Christianity," as 87% of individuals who go to church every Sunday report that they ALWAYS vote conservative no matter how far right the party becomes.

This is why we have one of the lowest minimum wages of any industrialized nation; it is why we have a profit-based healthcare "system" that has kept wages stagnant for 30 years because we make business responsible for providing health insurance no matter how expensive it gets because we do not control cost; it is why we have one of the highest rates of impoverished and starving children among industrialized nations; it is why we there are 17 other countries with higher standards of living than America; it is why we have 3,000 individuals. dead from guns since Newtown.

It has long been established in studies that religious-minded individuals make decisions based on irrational fear rather than reason and fact. This means we cannot compete with other nations or grow as a society because we have so many irrational nutcases yelling like "socialism!" and "Government's gonna take yer guns!"

Moral countries are NON-RELIGIOUS countries. Instead of yelling "Jesus!" "Jesus!" "Jesus!" They actually create moral sustainable policies that help the majority of their citizens.

Religion makes people ignorant in all things. It has no place in a moral society and should only be brought up in class to show how false and destructive it has been throughout the course of history.

You just keep on believing the fundamental bullshit West "by Gawd" Virginia, and let me know how that's working out for you.
LCStudent

United States

#16 Mar 30, 2013
Big_Suze_65 wrote:
There is NO place for religion in ANY civilized society. There is nothing moral about religion. Period. All religions are destructive immoral fantasies that serve as coping mechanisms for weak minded fools. Every problem we currently have as a nation is due to "Christianity," as 87% of individuals who go to church every Sunday report that they ALWAYS vote conservative no matter how far right the party becomes.

This is why we have one of the lowest minimum wages of any industrialized nation; it is why we have a profit-based healthcare "system" that has kept wages stagnant for 30 years because we make business responsible for providing health insurance no matter how expensive it gets because we do not control cost; it is why we have one of the highest rates of impoverished and starving children among industrialized nations; it is why we there are 17 other countries with higher standards of living than America; it is why we have 3,000 individuals. dead from guns since Newtown.

It has long been established in studies that religious-minded individuals make decisions based on irrational fear rather than reason and fact. This means we cannot compete with other nations or grow as a society because we have so many irrational nutcases yelling like "socialism!" and "Government's gonna take yer guns!"

Moral countries are NON-RELIGIOUS countries. Instead of yelling "Jesus!" "Jesus!" "Jesus!" They actually create moral sustainable policies that help the majority of their citizens.

Religion makes people ignorant in all things. It has no place in a moral society and should only be brought up in class to show how false and destructive it has been throughout the course of history.

You just keep on believing the fundamental bullshit West "by Gawd" Virginia, and let me know how that's working out for you.
For one, you are probably the lost disrespectful "adult" I have ever encountered. You're entitled to your opinion and I can respect that; however, you do not respect ANYONE. Christianity is actually the base of many morals. I'm not saying I'm perfect because I'm a Christian, I sin just as much as any other person on this Earth. However, I ask for my forgiveness. And as a matter of fact, since I've been raised with Jesus in my life and understand right from wrong and what not, I am beyond content with my life. It's been working out pretty great for me for as long as I can remember. Also, if you read the Constitution and actually know you're history, you will know that one of the reasons this country was founded was because of religious views. They wanted to be Protestant as opposed to Catholic. Before citizens started this "liberal" crap, everything was fine. The country stuck together through thick and thin. And as for your silly comprehension of this "gun control" issue, it has been that it will happen someday. Guns do not kill people, people kill people. Does McDonald's make people fat ? No, people chose to eat there every day and not take care of their bodies. I shoot guns every week, and I have since I was a small child shooting a .22 rifle. If you think so highly of other countries, I am forced to come to the conclusion that you are non-patriotic. If you do not love your country, you're free to leave whenever you would like. But good luck finding as many rights in some countries.
LCStudent

United States

#17 Mar 30, 2013
LCStudent wrote:
<quoted text>For one, you are probably the lost disrespectful "adult" I have ever encountered. You're entitled to your opinion and I can respect that; however, you do not respect ANYONE. Christianity is actually the base of many morals. I'm not saying I'm perfect because I'm a Christian, I sin just as much as any other person on this Earth. However, I ask for my forgiveness. And as a matter of fact, since I've been raised with Jesus in my life and understand right from wrong and what not, I am beyond content with my life. It's been working out pretty great for me for as long as I can remember. Also, if you read the Constitution and actually know you're history, you will know that one of the reasons this country was founded was because of religious views. They wanted to be Protestant as opposed to Catholic. Before citizens started this "liberal" crap, everything was fine. The country stuck together through thick and thin. And as for your silly comprehension of this "gun control" issue, it has been that it will happen someday. Guns do not kill people, people kill people. Does McDonald's make people fat ? No, people chose to eat there every day and not take care of their bodies. I shoot guns every week, and I have since I was a small child shooting a .22 rifle. If you think so highly of other countries, I am forced to come to the conclusion that you are non-patriotic. If you do not love your country, you're free to leave whenever you would like. But good luck finding as many rights in some countries.
* the most disrespectful

Since: Feb 13

Millington, TN

#18 Mar 30, 2013
My first thought in reading your post LCStudent is that it is a shame you did not have good teachers as you do not seem to have critical thinking skills, a good knowledge of our Constitution, or a basic understanding of propaganda techniques. It shows that teachers aren't doing their jobs as all of these things are found in basic content standards.

Regardless, let's begin with your assertion that I am a disrespectful adult. Really? Providing an opposing viewpoint and providing facts to substantiate those views is now considered "disrespectful?" Oh, wait, I forgot that you're conservative and that is what conservatives do -- they get upset and say someone is disrespectful if they don't take their bullsh*t at face value.

Second, morality has nothing to do with the Bible or Christianity. 98% of inmates incarcerated in America describe themselves as "Christian" vs. the 1% who describe themselves as atheist. Scientists have long understood that morality is generally innate. They know this from studying the animal kingdom where species will help others within their communities without the promise of reward for the greater good of the community.

Compare that to American Christianity where "Christians" do things they consider "moral" out of irrational fear of burning in hell. Isn't very selfless when one's actions are based on a reward is it? Regardless, like the animal kingdom, humans have an inherent knowledge of morality. We do not need to be conditioned know that killing is wrong; stealing is wrong; taking advantage of your fellow man for profit is wrong, etc.

In fact, a recent study found that Christians are more likely to use the Bible to rationalize criminal acts. This shouldn't come as a surprise as the Bible is filled with stories of the worst possible individuals being rewarded by God while those who the most righteous in their behaviors tend to be punished. As Mark Twain put it...

"Our Bible reveals to us the character of our "God" with minute and remorseless exactness. The portrait is substantially that of a man (if one can imagine a man charged and overcharged with evil impulses far beyond the human limit). His acts expose his vindictive, unjust, ungenerous, pittiless and vengefull nature, constantly. He is always punishing. Punishing innocent children for the misdeeds of their parents. Punishing unoffending populations for the misdeeds of their rulers. It is perhaps the most damnatory biography that exists in print anywhere. It makes Nero an angel of light by contrast."

There is NO morality to be found within the Bible and anyone who has actually read the Bible would know this. So where is the morality LCStudent? is it in the numerous passages that condone slavery? Is it in the passages that state the disabled should not be able to "defile" churches with their presence; maybe it's the passage that states it's okay to let your daughter be raped? I could keep going, but the point is that anyone who thinks morality comes from the Bible HASN'T FREAKING READ THE BIBLE.

Also, let me state that I know my history and Constitution and I know them well enough to put my knowledge against any imbecile who (due to church conditioning) thinks he or she knows how and why America was founded. Our forefathers were EXTREMELY critical of Christianity and religion in general. This is why neither God or Jesus are mentioned in the U.S. Constitution. Nor are they mentioned in the Bill of Rights. I am also guessing your teachers never taught you about the Treaty of Tripoli which states explicitly that America was NOT founded as a Christian nation.

You also state that "before citizens started this liberal crap, everything was fine." Really? When did "they" start this "liberal crap?" Was it during the prosperous 50's and 60's when the tax rate for the wealthy was 95% vs. today's 14% and union membership was at its highest? Were those times when the wealthy payed their fair share and we invested in infrastructure to create jobs?

Since: Feb 13

Millington, TN

#19 Mar 30, 2013
Or did the "liberals" ruin this country when they created Social Security and Medicaid which overnight lifted 3/4ths of the elderly out of poverty and improved our economy due to an increase in disposable income?

As for your assertions regarding "patriotism" -- I won't even go there as patriotism is the last argument of a fool. Nothing is more nebulous and useless than the idea of "patriotism."
LCStudent

Chesapeake, OH

#20 Mar 30, 2013
Big_Suze_65 wrote:
Or did the "liberals" ruin this country when they created Social Security and Medicaid which overnight lifted 3/4ths of the elderly out of poverty and improved our economy due to an increase in disposable income?

As for your assertions regarding "patriotism" -- I won't even go there as patriotism is the last argument of a fool. Nothing is more nebulous and useless than the idea of "patriotism."
You, by far, are the most idiotic person I have ever talked to. I said I respect your opinion. You have your views, I have mine. I was raised in a church, I will raise my children in a church. If you don't believe in my God, so be it. And as a matter of fact, I read my Bible every single night and have for the past five years. Clearly you have not read the New Testament, for the views you are mentioning are the ones of the barbaric Old Testament. You think Christians are terrible people ? Read the book of Romans, it will tell you how Christians are to act, then try telling me that it does not teach morals. I have been called "non progressive" more than once in my life. And actually, I have been exposed to more of the world outside of West Virginia than you have, probably. Yes, I am conservative because that's how my parents raised me. I have no desire to have a different mindset, yet I have enough dignity to acknowledge that the majority of today's society thinks of me as an imbecile. Do I care ? No. I do not care what you think of me or my views. And as for me referring to you as "disrespectful", I was meaning your small minded views. You can't even respect the religion of others ? That is rather pathetic. But do not fret, I shall pray for you.
LCStudent

Chesapeake, OH

#21 Mar 30, 2013
Big_Suze_65 wrote:
Or did the "liberals" ruin this country when they created Social Security and Medicaid which overnight lifted 3/4ths of the elderly out of poverty and improved our economy due to an increase in disposable income?

As for your assertions regarding "patriotism" -- I won't even go there as patriotism is the last argument of a fool. Nothing is more nebulous and useless than the idea of "patriotism."
Oh, and do not refer to me as a "fool". I am beyond intelligent with a high IQ as well as a high EQ, I do not know everything, nor will I ever claim to. However, I will always stand up for what I believe in. It's called passion, passion for my religion and my God. But thank you for trying to belittle a 17 year old. That is very mature of you. May God bless you, have a Happy Easter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 11 min Infogirl 4,200
Weston's problem. 2 hr court house employee 27
Tiff Crum 2 hr James b 7
Jayna Jefferies anyone know this b****??? 10 hr Haha 14
Mikey Pumphrey 15 hr Mystic 4
Stonewall Jackson statue 18 hr 30ought6 6
Freaks by the dam. Sun Forrestgump 2

Weston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Weston Mortgages