First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Curious

Lafayette, TN

#1 Jan 4, 2013
I go past the stop light daily and notice Sweet Tea's restaurant and keep wondering what's going on there? Does anyone know the honest truth?
Benny

Lafayette, TN

#2 Jan 16, 2013
well it just take time and $$$$$$ to fix thing here in this place it as bad here, have a lot doe had th heath department yesterday thing are look up won't be long for some grate food.
OICU812

Westmoreland, TN

#3 Jan 16, 2013
I hope your food is better than your spelling.
Faye

Greenwood, SC

#4 Jan 17, 2013
Hurry I am new place to eat
I am sweet tea

Hendersonville, TN

#5 Jan 17, 2013
We will open up April 1. We will have best menu in county
big man

Springfield, TN

#6 Jan 19, 2013
thats what was said last april....
Gross

Scottsville, KY

#7 Feb 6, 2013
We ate there the day it opened. It was overpriced. The manager was rude and the glasses were dirty. That place wont last long.
not so sweet t

Lafayette, TN

#8 Feb 6, 2013
I ate there the day it opened also. It took us an hour and a half to get our food. There was people walking out without eating because they had waited so long! The manager finally came out and said that we had to give her all the menus that they weren't using them yet. The menu was supposed to be on the board. The cooks didn't even know how to make the food on the menu!!! It was so very disorganized!!! Definitely over priced for what I got. They were giving everyone dessert before our food came out just to keep us from all leaving. It was pathetic!!!
Concerned

Hendersonville, TN

#9 Feb 6, 2013
Does the owner know what to do
Consider This

Nashville, TN

#10 Feb 7, 2013
You guys...it's a brand spanking new restaurant and you were there on opening day. Opening day is NEVER perfect, and most people go into a situation like that with the understanding that it's a learning experience for the staff. Give them a couple of weeks to iron out the wrinkles and give them another try. I have not been there yet but will definitely be visiting soon. I'm excited to have something new in town...hope it's a success!
Ahhhhh

Lafayette, TN

#11 Feb 7, 2013
So sad!!!
Little b

Hendersonville, TN

#12 Feb 7, 2013
They should serve tacos and sweet tea
connoisseur of fine food

Scottsville, KY

#13 Feb 7, 2013
Our family just ate there tonight. It took way too long time to get our meal. When we came in, we noticed that there were several tables that had no food. Also,our meal was not hot when it came out, which I found odd because I thought the reason we had to wait so long was for the food to be cooked properly. I know this is a new place, I was just disappointed. It was painted nicely and the server was friendly. I think they just need some improvement in the kitchen. We may give it another try after they have been opened a while.
Curious

Lafayette, TN

#14 Feb 8, 2013
Folks, let's give them a chance. I havent been yet, but we need a nice restaurant in Westmoreland. If you have problems there, ask for the and explain to him in a quiet, polite voice the problems you've incurred. Seems like the money he's spent in redoing this restaurant he should be open to honest criticism. In my opinion, in a little time Sweet Teas will be an asset to Westmoreland.
And no, I am not the manager or an employee!
citizen

Westmoreland, TN

#15 Feb 9, 2013
i have eaten there a couple of times and both times the food was good. the wait was a litle long but i did not have to drive to gallatin and back to eat. i think we need to give them a chance to get a little more organized before we feed them to the wolves. i do think the kitchen is unorganized and that is the problem. the prices are very comparable to other similar restaurants and food.
Patience is a virtue

Scottsville, KY

#16 Feb 9, 2013
Whether this place will survive or not is yet to be determined, but the public definitely needs to learn patience. We ate there once this week - during opening week. The wait was a little long, but I have certainly eaten at much more established restaurants and waited just as long and longer. Our order was correct, and the food was good. I agree with the earlier post about not having to drive to Gallatin, or Bowling Green, or anywhere else. It is nice to have places close by to get a meal. Let's wait and see and practice some of the virtues we like to have associated with living in a small town. Be patient.
Samwise

Bethpage, TN

#17 Feb 9, 2013
My wife and I recently went to sweet teas for dinner but unfortunately we were not impressed by the food. The servers, staff and overall environement was great but I feel like there should be someone delegating the kitchen and staff so that it all moves along at a steady pace. Now my issue with the food is that it came to us cold, undercooked, and just tasteless. The reason I'm most disappointed in this new restaurant is that I thought that with it's opening, westmoreland would finally have a nice place to eat besides the substandard food we are served at cathy's, dave's, sonic, hardees, la quesadilla & subway. Maybe under new management and an experienced kitchen staff sweet teas could be one of the best places to eat in sumner county, but is still a long way from that.
Brigitte

Scottsville, KY

#18 Feb 9, 2013
Where is it located in Westmoreland? Is it where the 4 Corners was?
cathysvp

Greenville, SC

#19 Feb 11, 2013
My wife and I recently went to sweet teas for dinner but unfortunately we were not impressed by the food. The servers, staff and overall environement was great but I feel like there should be someone delegating the kitchen and staff so that it all moves along at a steady pace. Now my issue with the food is that it came to us cold, undercooked, and just tasteless. The reason I'm most disappointed in this new restaurant is that I thought that with it's opening, westmoreland would finally have a nice place to eat besides the substandard food we are served at cathy's, dave's, sonic, hardees, la quesadilla & subway. Maybe under new management and an experienced kitchen staff sweet teas could be one of the best places to eat in sumner county, but is still a long way from that.
I am responding to the comment made about the other places in town being "substandard". I think that 17 years of serving this town should stand for something "just saying". We personally have bent over backwards to support this town and appreciate the support of all the ones that have been there for us. I eat at a lot of places in this town myself and see nothing wrong with the ones we have and agree that a new place would be an asset. With that said I am fully supporting a new place to eat and wish them the best of luck. Speaking from experience...its not an easy business to be in. Thanks again to all of our supporters...
cathysvp

Clemmons, NC

#20 Feb 11, 2013
I am responding to the comment made about the other places in town being "substandard". I think that 17 years of serving this town should stand for something "just saying". We personally feel like we have bent over backwards to support this town andd appreciate the support of all the people that have been there for us. I eat a lot of places in town myself and I see nothing wrong with the ones that we have and agree that a new place would be an asset. With that said I am fully supporting a new place to eat and wish them the best of luck. Speaking from experience its not an easy business to be in. Thanks again to all of our supporters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westmoreland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Question (Sep '15) 11 min dog 4
trousdale turner correctional center 56 min common 4
Hartsville Vidette Breaking News 1 hr common 2
Two eyesore trailers on 141 N 1 hr common 16
Ridgecrest subdivision (Mar '13) May 23 420 friendly 6
Is chris Gregory a snitch May 22 chris gregory 3
Adam tuttle May 22 Jess J 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westmoreland Mortgages