grumpy

Scottsville, KY

#1 Nov 20, 2010
seems he made some promises that he didn't keep. The first one is, he was going to help the Garage and the Shell station get permits to sell beer on Sunday, and told them to wait till after the election to bring it before the council.He voted against it when it came up.

people can go north a few miles and buy beer on Sunday or south about the same distance and do the same, does the council not want to increase the tax base in Westmoreland ? then we have the Expo center. he convinced the people that buying the old Fleetwood Bld would be a good investment. That the income from the mule sales alone would pay for it, guess what, it wont pay the interest on the loan, much less the payments. Thanks to some smarter people , it may make it because other venders have been signed to do some show's.
things were done that don't meet state codes and some are still in the works. the food venders are a joke, and that's being nice to them. 8.00 bucks for a burger fry's and a drink give me a break.
Time to shed some real light on what is going on.

let see some comments for or against
Country Girl

United States

#2 Nov 21, 2010
grumpy wrote:
seems he made some promises that he didn't keep. The first one is, he was going to help the Garage and the Shell station get permits to sell beer on Sunday, and told them to wait till after the election to bring it before the council.He voted against it when it came up.
people can go north a few miles and buy beer on Sunday or south about the same distance and do the same, does the council not want to increase the tax base in Westmoreland ? then we have the Expo center. he convinced the people that buying the old Fleetwood Bld would be a good investment. That the income from the mule sales alone would pay for it, guess what, it wont pay the interest on the loan, much less the payments. Thanks to some smarter people , it may make it because other venders have been signed to do some show's.
things were done that don't meet state codes and some are still in the works. the food venders are a joke, and that's being nice to them. 8.00 bucks for a burger fry's and a drink give me a break.
Time to shed some real light on what is going on.
let see some comments for or against
Get over it. Cry about something.
grumpy

Scottsville, KY

#3 Nov 21, 2010
Country Girl wrote:
<quoted text> Get over it. Cry about something.
I ask for comments for or against , not stupid remarks

“Cuddly & Cautious”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#4 Nov 21, 2010
As Sunday beer sales are legal all around us,Why not cash in on the sales tax? I don't have any idea how much extra money it would bring to the city, but every little bit would help.
In regards to the Expo center, I can see a lot of potential if it is operated correctly and professionally. George Carter was also a driving force in the purchase of the Fleetwood building.
I can't comment on any promises Mike may have made, because I have no knowledge of promises, but I would bet other candidates made a few too. I have no problem with Mike or any of the other folks who ran for office. The elections are over for a while. Everyone try to work together.
Hanging Around

Lafayette, TN

#5 Nov 23, 2010
I thank I can fill in some of the blanks. Carter did make lots of them. As for the Sunday beer sales, he went to all the churches saying he would vote for it. The problem is he himself has no intensions on voting it in. He is going to get the right people on the council to do his dirty work and he comes out smelling like a rose. He was the one that told them to wait till after the election, I know someone that heard him. It will be brought back up. Carter has used the church to get elected and now he will drop them like a rock. Watch and see. And I talked to one person who made no promises. He said he was only one vote and it took three. As for everyone saling beer around us on Sunday. Macon does not and Scottsville does not. So no everyone does not. As for the sales taxes on Sunday beer sales, we will not even break even after we have to hire another officer because of the bar being open in Sunday. Funny thing is the bar is closed on Monday but wants to open on Sunday. We need to put the presser on the council and Carter to get the right people for the peoples benifit not Carter's game. And the vendor that is at the Expo is Carter's son. Why don't we just rename the town to Carter and Family.

“Cuddly & Cautious”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#6 Nov 23, 2010
It's immaterial if Scottsville or Macon county sells beer. One doesn't have to leave Sumner co. to buy it on Sunday. As for hiring another officer, the city didn't have to hire additional officers when the latest bar opened. Why would more be needed on Sunday. The officers are on duty then anyway.
Hanging Around

Lafayette, TN

#7 Nov 25, 2010
I will say you are right about you can buy beer in Sumner county. But that my friend was not what that was said. They said you can buy beer on Sunday all around us. Remember ALL AROUND US. So yes it is material to say no they do not sale in Scottsville or Macon, they are around us are they not? I stated wrong on my last post. I said Carter told some church people he would not vote for Sunday beer sales, and he will not. He will get his friends to do that if he can get them on the council. Lets say it like this, on the record he will not premote Sunday beer sales, but he stated off the record I will make it happen.
grumpy

Scottsville, KY

#8 Jan 11, 2011
this is a old thread I know, but things have happened that bring it back to the present
1. he does not have the vote numbers to make anything happen
2. He has court date that should have been a DUI
3 He is pressing the city to do something that will cost them a bunch of money , hiring a licensed contractor as a 24-7 back up for the utilities dept
4 He is making deals with the county that will cost way to much

He is putting band aids on broken arms

The B S bucket is getting full real fast.
True

Nashville, TN

#9 Jan 11, 2011
There are only 2 ways the city can make money to pay for these foolish spending habits. And that is by taxes and utilities. So it won't be long our water bill or taxes will go up. I think the people that voted for him will soon regret making that decision.
mixed up

Westmoreland, TN

#10 Jan 12, 2011
grumpy wrote:
this is a old thread I know, but things have happened that bring it back to the present
1. he does not have the vote numbers to make anything happen
2. He has court date that should have been a DUI
3 He is pressing the city to do something that will cost them a bunch of money , hiring a licensed contractor as a 24-7 back up for the utilities dept
4 He is making deals with the county that will cost way to much
He is putting band aids on broken arms
The B S bucket is getting full real fast.
I didn't know you could get drunk in 10 minutes time. He left the
resturant from drinking coffee with us about 10 minutes before this happen. He was not drunk then and all he drank was coffee!
And how will this contractor cost the city any more money than it is now. Isn't this the same service that Mr. Summers has been providing the city for a number of years? And from what the Mayor said in the meeting, Mr. Summers could still do the same service as a sub-contractor for the license contractor. Why can't everyone work together instead of bashing one another. People are bashing Ricky Cline all the time and not giving him time to prove himself as a councilman. Leave the governing body along, even if you like them or dislike them. At least they are making an effort for Westmoreland. If everyone bashing on this topix would put forth as much effort to help Westmoreland as they are on the topix,
things could change around our city.
Looking Forward

Lafayette, TN

#11 Jan 17, 2011
I am looking forward to see how our town goes. I see people running the Cline guy down and understand why. There are a lot of people here that have made a lot of money off the people of this town. They don't like the guy, because he is not one of them. He want to hire from Westmoreland first. That is a plus for this town. I myself can't find a job. So that alone sounds good to me. We need to support someone that is willing to stand up for we the people.
idiot hater

Scottsville, KY

#12 Jan 17, 2011
Grumpy, I have to say you picked a suitable name for yourself. However, I do have one question..How is it that you know he was drunk? were you in the truck with him?? If so, then that makes you...O NO..GUESS WHAT...."NOT PERFECT" !!!! My guess is, you have listened to all the rumors which hardly any of them are true..know one knows the truth except for Mike. Here is another thing.."HE WHO HAS NEVER SINNED, SHALL THROW THE FIRST STONE!!" dont be an idiot. No one is perfect...everyone makes mistakes.incuding YOU. if you have never made a mistake in your life..or made a bad judgement call...then you have the right to judge....you cannot go around bashing people without facts...all you have..is "hearsay" and nothing more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westmoreland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
candy ray (Feb '17) 6 min Downright Shameful 14
Macon County Sheriff's Department 1 hr You know who 1
Ashley Marie England 3 hr Looking For 1
Barber Shop (Dec '10) 5 hr Lisa 8
NCTC Board 6 hr Terry 1
dhs (May '11) 11 hr A Little Truth 46
Jessica Redmon (May '16) 11 hr Lol 19

Westmoreland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance