places

Clover, SC

#21 Oct 27, 2012
ftwalton wrote:
After reading the article in the paper I understand that Brian was questioned by the Mayor about what he said. In which Brians reply was it not about our Mayor. Brian now claims it was about the codes person, or it was about someone else. I mean Brian say what you mean and own it. That is why I will not support or pull for you. You just don't have the backbone. If you have a problem with the way something is being handled
deal with it and stand up for yourself. Sorry, you just don't have any grit.
From Walton ,if you re read Mr. Smaling interview he quotes the mayor in one sentence and talks directly about the mayor in another. That is very clear.The other comments appear to be directed at the other candidates for city council. I read nothing about the codes director. I think his statement was very clear. If you had a conversation with the mayor about it. That where your misunderstanding is not with Brian. I will be voting for him because he had the courage to say some things the others did not. Everyone says he has no balls. Sounds like tough guy to me by what I read. The other candidates had their chance to stand up but didn't they were just trying to please Carter. Just like they would do if elected .
confusion at best

Westmoreland, TN

#22 Oct 27, 2012
places wrote:
<quoted text>
From Walton ,if you re read Mr. Smaling interview he quotes the mayor in one sentence and talks directly about the mayor in another. That is very clear.The other comments appear to be directed at the other candidates for city council. I read nothing about the codes director. I think his statement was very clear. If you had a conversation with the mayor about it. That where your misunderstanding is not with Brian. I will be voting for him because he had the courage to say some things the others did not. Everyone says he has no balls. Sounds like tough guy to me by what I read. The other candidates had their chance to stand up but didn't they were just trying to please Carter. Just like they would do if elected .
The post indicates that when Brian was questioned (by the Mayor??) about some of his comments He claimed he was talking about someone other than the persons named in the paper. I think (at least the way I read the post) that Brian told the Mayor he was not talking about him. The post was concerning an actual conversation between Smalling & Carter "about" the news article itself.
What I feel

Lafayette, TN

#23 Oct 27, 2012
I assume it was a private conversation between Smalling and Carter. So which of them have you been talking with? Smalling usually keeps his private conversations to himself, but Carter is known to bragg over coffee with his "gang" of his dealings especially with the "faggot" on the council. Face it, people...Carter wants "yes men" on the council so that his ideas are law. We are spending and IRA to meet regular bills...what will it cost this town to pay for all Carter's ideas? Anyone ever questions how much is in the reserve? I suggest that we all become "council watchers"...give up a a couple of hours each month to attend the council meetings. Let them know that this town is watching! Soon it will be too late; Carter and his buds will bankrupt this town.
cheese

Clover, SC

#24 Oct 27, 2012
confusion at best wrote:
<quoted text>The post indicates that when Brian was questioned (by the Mayor??) about some of his comments He claimed he was talking about someone other than the persons named in the paper. I think (at least the way I read the post) that Brian told the Mayor he was not talking about him. The post was concerning an actual conversation between Smalling & Carter "about" the news article itself.
Then that conversation is between Brian and the Mayor and no one else's business seems as the Mayor might have been upset that he was called out and is now trying to draw attention to the others. He's already back stabbing the ones he encouraged to run to so his dirty work. Think about that.
town

United States

#25 Oct 27, 2012
if this a so called christin town(an its not..people just put on front)they shouldnt support a queer an this towns allready bankrupt
lol

Lafayette, TN

#26 Oct 27, 2012
What Brain said was fact. I have been standing outside in front of Cathy's and heard him say the same thing.
Uptown

Lafayette, TN

#27 Oct 28, 2012
Smalling is the lead horse in this election. Go Smalling!
lol

Lafayette, TN

#28 Oct 28, 2012
One tells the other what to do and he does it. Remember the ducks.
local Duck

United States

#29 Oct 28, 2012
Quack quack !.... Bang!
wondering

Lafayette, TN

#30 Oct 31, 2012
Which Brian showed up at the forum last night? Anyone go? What about Shane?
comment

Charlotte, NC

#31 Oct 31, 2012
wondering wrote:
Which Brian showed up at the forum last night? Anyone go? What about Shane?
Shane is a Mike carter man I'm sure every thing he said was peer approved by carter and so was the others but Brian I know he's not a Carter fan and why should he be by the way carter runs him down.
Friend of Bill W

Westmoreland, TN

#32 Nov 1, 2012
Brian was asked about his 8 years and what he'd done in that time. He said "Gain experience."
wrong answer

Westmoreland, TN

#33 Nov 1, 2012
Friend of Bill W wrote:
Brian was asked about his 8 years and what he'd done in that time. He said "Gain experience."
Gain experience for what? That does not answer the question "What has Smalling done in his 8 years as a council person?" So his answer "gain experience" out of his own mouth would tell voters that he has done nothing for the town. If Smalling can't tell you what he has accomplished in 8 years then it don't take Einstein to figure out he's done nothing (by his own admission).
You miss the point

Lafayette, TN

#34 Nov 1, 2012
What has anyone done? Except rubber stamp Carter's ideas. We need strong individual's on the council who will bring fresh ideas to this town so it can grow. No one running for council has said anything about a "master plan" except for Brian. Now that they have researched a "master plan" they have found that not much help from the outside is available unless you have that plan developed. Now every candidate talks about it. I applaude Brian and Ricky for standing up for this town and not for Carter. They have my vote!...along with Mr. Miller. Those are the only two who I can be absolute sure that they will not back Carter 100% of the time.
no the point is clear

Westmoreland, TN

#35 Nov 1, 2012
The real point is that if a person dislikes the Mayor he/she is gonna cast a vote for the canidates that are currently on the council but have done nothing to benifit the town and give a vote to a known shyster/con/liar. People are so dam dumb in this town. U contridict urself when u say we need people with fresh ideas so it can grow. Then vote out the old and bring in the new dumb ass.
You miss the point

Lafayette, TN

#36 Nov 1, 2012
well, my friend...From past experience, we know two candidates that will not blindly support Carter. Another I am not sure of. Another tells of her knowledge of how another city government is supposed to run; but, Dorothy, you are not in Kansas, and she has shown herself in the past 2 years that she will vote blindly. Another, well, she... And another - after Tuesday night answering the annexation question, I'm not sure he, at this point, has a clue. And now, my friend...who do you have left? Two candidates who never ask "how high"?
fact

Westmoreland, TN

#37 Nov 1, 2012
The truth is that the coming election is not about which canidate(s) will do WHAT IS BEST FOR THE CITY it's an election about disliking or hating Mike Carter. The people that hate Carter are going to vote one way and the people that like him are gonna vote another. Then u got the people that are actually concerned about the town and those votes are the ones that in the long run will make a difference in the future of Westmoreland. And that my friend is what u call a "3 Ring Circus" Which is exactly how the Westmoreland city elections are being portrayed.
You miss the point

Lafayette, TN

#38 Nov 1, 2012
Actually the council will never make a difference in the future of Westmoreland as long as "the round table" exists.
why

Waverly, TN

#39 Nov 1, 2012
Small towns are ran like monarchy's
GET OVER IT

Scottsville, KY

#40 Nov 7, 2012
Wrong again wrote:
Not sure what you mean let me sum it up for you since reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit
1. Being gay is not a lifestyle choice
2. Many studies have found a gene that they believe is linked to being gay.
3. Finally the point was made it is not a lifestyle choice with the example given that many homosexual people experience many great things in society that is not fair and why would anyone want to chose to be that way it is NOT a choice.
YELL! ITS NATURAL FOR A MAN TO LIKE ANOTHER MANS HARRY ASS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westmoreland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Skunk woman has returned from the depth of meth (Nov '15) 1 hr Kyle 39
Why Cheat (Jun '15) 9 hr Anonymous 31
I can't let go of the man I love 11 hr Wendy 2
Tennplasco lafayette tn (Mar '15) 11 hr Ang 193
You will always be in my Heart Mon Miranda 2
taby scabby (Mar '15) Jun 22 Hahaha 9
jared hammock???? Jun 22 Conductor 2

Westmoreland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance