First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bertie

Westmoreland, TN

#1 Oct 24, 2012
Since I know you read topix. Tell us in the 8 years that you have been on the council what have you brought to the table to help this town. This is a due to the fact I have not made a final descision on who I am voting for.
The Man

Lafayette, TN

#2 Oct 25, 2012
Hey Bertie - heck we know who you are and just stirring s h i t as usual. Smalling needs to be re-elected to continue to control you wild a s s e s.
sonny

Mooresville, NC

#3 Oct 25, 2012
Read today's westmoreland news you will read more than enough to find out why this town stands behind Brian.
gay

Oak Ridge, TN

#4 Oct 25, 2012
he's gay...
bertie

Westmoreland, TN

#5 Oct 25, 2012
Hey The Man....What I know is that you The Man are showing your ignorance. I have a right to vote I had no idea Mr.or Mrs Smalling was going to give us his views in the paper today. All I know is that I am new to town and trying to learn about everyone running. So keep your trashy mouth closed.When your running for public office they should be able to speak for theirselves. I know his sister is a fine person with backbone. Sorry, to say I just didn't see it in him. I have no problem with his sexual prefrence being men. I just want to know he can stand up for the townpeople. It does seem a little funny that all these churches are supporting a Gay man but not beer. My God does not believe in homosexuals but I guess its different here in Westmoreland.
Question

Morrison, TN

#6 Oct 25, 2012
First of all I do not know why the issue of sexuality has even been brought up. I personally do not know if councilman Smalling is or is not and further more it does not matter whether he is or not. He is a member of this community and has lived here his whole life and takes pride in his town.

Second of all I am sure you are aware that the particular part of the bible that says a man shall not lie with another also states you shouldn't eat shell fish among many other things!!! So take that for what it is. Your right things are different in westmoreland people are more concerned about someone's sexual preference than the real issues. If you are so concerned with character please ask everyone else on the council about their character. Councilman Smalling's sexual preference has nothing to do with his ability to listen and represent the will of the people of westmoreland
no answer

Westmoreland, TN

#7 Oct 26, 2012
Brian Smalling being gay has nothing to do with why I won't vote for him. Tony Bentle is reportedly a closet gay and a good frind of Brians and he is supposedly the person that is the voice behind the no beer on Sunday sales. I could care less about their sexual activities.
I won't vote for Smalling because:
"He has done nothing for the town in the 8 years he has been on the council."
double standards

Westmoreland, TN

#8 Oct 26, 2012
bertie wrote:
Hey The Man....What I know is that you The Man are showing your ignorance. I have a right to vote I had no idea Mr.or Mrs Smalling was going to give us his views in the paper today. All I know is that I am new to town and trying to learn about everyone running. So keep your trashy mouth closed.When your running for public office they should be able to speak for theirselves. I know his sister is a fine person with backbone. Sorry, to say I just didn't see it in him. I have no problem with his sexual prefrence being men. I just want to know he can stand up for the townpeople. It does seem a little funny that all these churches are supporting a Gay man but not beer. My God does not believe in homosexuals but I guess its different here in Westmoreland.
Smalling being gay has nothing to do with my not voting for him. But u are correct when u say that the church(es) does not condone the sale of beer but will endorse a gay man for office. But Westmoreland churches have always operated using double standards.
yeah right

Westmoreland, TN

#9 Oct 26, 2012
Question wrote:
First of all I do not know why the issue of sexuality has even been brought up. I personally do not know if councilman Smalling is or is not and further more it does not matter whether he is or not. He is a member of this community and has lived here his whole life and takes pride in his town.
Second of all I am sure you are aware that the particular part of the bible that says a man shall not lie with another also states you shouldn't eat shell fish among many other things!!! So take that for what it is. Your right things are different in westmoreland people are more concerned about someone's sexual preference than the real issues. If you are so concerned with character please ask everyone else on the council about their character. Councilman Smalling's sexual preference has nothing to do with his ability to listen and represent the will of the people of westmoreland
Get off the lying wagon. Eveybody in town knows that Brian is gay. Seriously when u see him and his boyfriend kissing in public does that not give u a clue??
question

Gallatin, TN

#10 Oct 26, 2012
First of all yeah right its not being on the lying wagon. Its called being respectful to someone. The fact Mr. Smalling may be gay does not have anything to do with his ability to function as a representative of this town. If you do not want to vote for him because you think he has done nothing then thats one thing, but to take something that someone can not help and vote against them for that is being a true bigot. That would be the same as saying I am not going to vote for Ricky Cline because he has no teeth, or kim farley because she is a woman. True ignorance but alas I can not say I am schocked it is westmoreland after all. It is views like this that keep the right people from being involved.

Clearly, if it is so well known that Mr. Smalling is gay and he has won two elections people obviously dont care. so move on and actually use an intellegent argument other than "Oh he is gay, he can not know what we want". Yeah right, could it be that maybe you have a little crush? Maybe you are a woman and have penis envy? Either way I am so sorry but I believe your close minded views would not attract anyone I am so sorry for your loss. I sure hope you are pretty because it seems when God was handing out brains you sure missed that day :).

Also, since we are talking about the churchs dont support beer sales but support a gay man. That my friend is the true meaning of a christian, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. Also, lets bring to light the fact that one of well esteemed members of the political Westmoreland has a great taste for the drink....Ill leave it here for now, but please please say something in response so everyone's dirty laundry can be put out here. If you are going to put someone's business on here you might as well put everyones.
What I feel

Lafayette, TN

#11 Oct 26, 2012
I voted for Brian Smalling last time and was swaying towards not voting for him this time. But after reading his newspaper interview last night, he is my #1 candidate! His interview was my feelings on every question except for maybe the Expo Center. I have my own opinion on that big problem. But for Mr. Smalling to answer the way he did, it is either political suicide or he is Westmoreland's hero and the leader of the future. In my opinion it is the latter. We need to let the Sunday beer sales (hopefully it will be over in a c ouple of weeks) and get on to the real problems of this town. The number one problem, in my opinion, is apathy.
dam right I got a answer

Westmoreland, TN

#12 Oct 26, 2012
question wrote:
First of all yeah right its not being on the lying wagon. Its called being respectful to someone. The fact Mr. Smalling may be gay does not have anything to do with his ability to function as a representative of this town. If you do not want to vote for him because you think he has done nothing then thats one thing, but to take something that someone can not help and vote against them for that is being a true bigot. That would be the same as saying I am not going to vote for Ricky Cline because he has no teeth, or kim farley because she is a woman. True ignorance but alas I can not say I am schocked it is westmoreland after all. It is views like this that keep the right people from being involved.
Clearly, if it is so well known that Mr. Smalling is gay and he has won two elections people obviously dont care. so move on and actually use an intellegent argument other than "Oh he is gay, he can not know what we want". Yeah right, could it be that maybe you have a little crush? Maybe you are a woman and have penis envy? Either way I am so sorry but I believe your close minded views would not attract anyone I am so sorry for your loss. I sure hope you are pretty because it seems when God was handing out brains you sure missed that day :).
Also, since we are talking about the churchs dont support beer sales but support a gay man. That my friend is the true meaning of a christian, UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. Also, lets bring to light the fact that one of well esteemed members of the political Westmoreland has a great taste for the drink....Ill leave it here for now, but please please say something in response so everyone's dirty laundry can be put out here. If you are going to put someone's business on here you might as well put everyones.
Where in my post did u read that I said I would not vote for Smalling because he is gay? And if the politican ur referring to that takes a drink is Mike Carter big frigging deal..everybody knows that. Point is if u live in Westmoreland u have no secrets EVERYBODY KNOWS UR BUSINESS. Many of the citizens that protest the sale of beer frequent the places that sell it..And that my friend is called being a "HYPOCRITE". Defination of "hypocrite" A self-absorbed, arrogant prick who constantly pisses and moans about other people doing something wrong, yet engages in such behavior anyway. Describes alot of characters in Westmoreland don't it?
get it straight

Westmoreland, TN

#13 Oct 26, 2012
Being GAY is not a sickness. Being homosexual gay or lesbian (whatever term u wanna use) is a lifestyle choice.
wrong again

Gallatin, TN

#14 Oct 26, 2012
get it straight that is not true. There are MANY gay and lesbian people who if you ask them would have chosen to be straight. It is something that you are born with, and thats just your preference. There have been many studies on this and many experts agree that it is in fact a gene that the DNA that leads to this. There is nothing wrong with being homosexual, but it is NOT a lifestyle choice. Noone would choose to be an outlier in society, which is what alot of gay people experience.
let me read that again

Westmoreland, TN

#15 Oct 26, 2012
wrong again wrote:
get it straight that is not true. There are MANY gay and lesbian people who if you ask them would have chosen to be straight. It is something that you are born with, and thats just your preference. There have been many studies on this and many experts agree that it is in fact a gene that the DNA that leads to this. There is nothing wrong with being homosexual, but it is NOT a lifestyle choice. Noone would choose to be an outlier in society, which is what alot of gay people experience.
THIS POST MAKES NO SENSE. The writer contradicts HIMSELF/HERSELF several times. Some people appear to be smart and knowledgeable until they open their mouth. Hmmmm Hmmmmm Go figure lol
My thoughts

Adolphus, KY

#16 Oct 26, 2012
In my opinion all the name calling and dirty politics is really getting out of hand. I am a Christian but then again I make my mistakes just like everyone else. I don't claim to be a saint by any means. We all sin every day. Why can't everyone get on this site and discuss your opinions without all the name calling, slandering and hanging every one's dirty laundry out for every one to see. I am sure we all have have a hidden basket stuck in a closet somewhere. All of the trash on this site is why Westmoreland has a lot of the problems we face today. Lot of people who live outside the city get on here for different reasons other then the city election and read all of this mess. If they had any thoughts of moving to Westmoreland they probably would change their mind.
Wrong again

Morrison, TN

#17 Oct 26, 2012
Not sure what you mean let me sum it up for you since reading comprehension is obviously not your strong suit

1. Being gay is not a lifestyle choice
2. Many studies have found a gene that they believe is linked to being gay.
3. Finally the point was made it is not a lifestyle choice with the example given that many homosexual people experience many great things in society that is not fair and why would anyone want to chose to be that way it is NOT a choice.
I Agree

Adolphus, KY

#18 Oct 26, 2012
To wrong again, I will have to agree with you on this subject. If we are right or wrong on this matter though it is not our place or anyone else for that to sit in judgement. God is our judge and he will take care of all of this on judgement day. As for Brian,I don't know about his personal life and consider it none of my business. I do know he has served several years on council and from everything I have heard and read it seems like he votes the way the majority of the citizens wants him to vote. That was what he was elected to do. I think he votes for what is in the best interest for the city and tries to keep the city out of financial situations that it looks like we are facing right now. One vote or two votes doesn't do the job and that has been a problem all along it seems. I do think he tries do what is right regarding city business. I know the ole saying is "you have to spend money to make money" but when there isn't any money there you have to tighten the ole belt and wait on things at times. Everyone has the right to vote for who they choose and my vote will go to Brian and I will ignore all the slander that is being spread around. As I said at the start of this post ONLY GOD WILL JUDGE.
Chose and preference

Westmoreland, TN

#19 Oct 26, 2012
If a homosexual wants to change his/her sexual choice/preference then why don't they? The GENETIC factor is an unproven theory. My sexual preference is the opposite sex meaning I am "straight" or "heterosexual". I have friends and am aquainted with people that are gay lesbian and bisexual. We all live our lives as we chose. We don't consider our sexual preferences a "disease".
Anonymous

Westmoreland, TN

#20 Oct 26, 2012
After reading the article in the paper I understand that Brian was questioned by the Mayor about what he said. In which Brians reply was it not about our Mayor. Brian now claims it was about the codes person, or it was about someone else. I mean Brian say what you mean and own it. That is why I will not support or pull for you. You just don't have the backbone. If you have a problem with the way something is being handled
deal with it and stand up for yourself. Sorry, you just don't have any grit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westmoreland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help me 1 hr dingo 3
I'm looking for a church to go to. 5 hr Hatetohear 9
Rachael Bolster /Ladd 5 hr Star lord 3
Amy carter (Aug '13) 6 hr donna 3
shooting at turner station (Jun '16) 6 hr donna 32
Uncle Daves Restaurant (Jan '13) Mar 24 Topsy Krets 10
m4m Mar 23 Boredasheck 3

Westmoreland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance