Moore looks to Statehouse, faces Demo...

Moore looks to Statehouse, faces Democratic duo

There are 24 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Sep 25, 2010, titled Moore looks to Statehouse, faces Democratic duo. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

A political newcomer is challenging two of the county's long-serving Democratic incumbents in a three-way race this November for a pair of Windham District-4 seats.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
NO MOORE 4 WINDHAM 4

Belfast, ME

#1 Sep 25, 2010
"Our ‘Moore for Windham-4’ motto is on blue campaign signs that have created a blue wave from the center of Bellows Falls to the most rural parts of my district."

The headline to this story should read "WHY NO MOORE FOR WINDHAM.. 4" Bellows Falls is dripping in RED INK all due to Section 8 housing that the
Moore family owns operates with Chris as the corporate counsel head. It is not enough to simply upgrade triple deckers and white siding on homes in
Bellows Falls Vt. The Moore family motto is turn a blind eye when it comes to doing simple background checks on their perspective renters and they
work hand in hand with the state when it comes to using Bellows Falls as a dumping ground for society ills and the dept of corrections.

1 building alone the Moore family allowed a convicted murder from the state of MICHIGAN who had served 25 years in jail to move to Bellows Falls Vt.
The very next property owned by another section 8 landlord took a sex offender in as a ternate after he had been forced out of a neighborhood in sight of
the elementary school. The more unsavory the character the better it is when it comes to the state placing its CLIENTS in Bellows Falls Vt.

Thanks but no thanks Chris and Steve Moore
Monty

Belfast, ME

#2 Sep 25, 2010
What POLICIES will he promote? I'm very curious to know that. I've been curious for years. Housing codes? Landlord organizations? Or are we to be victims of section 8 housing forever? We carry more than our share and have since our major landlords decided to make it their living decades ago when Mr. Moore was a mere child. Sometimes it's not about condition or quality, but quantity and saturation of neighborhoods. So what does HE see as the PROBLEMS that section 8 housing has created in Bellows Falls, not Saxton's River where he lives...and how will HE help to FIX it so that our Village can attract business, lower our special ed numbers, improve our tax base, attract families and professionals such as him to our neighborhoods, lower our drug use and crime rate, and stop having Saxton's River looking down its nose at us?
----- Original Message -----
conan

Lewiston, ME

#4 Sep 25, 2010
Chris Moore needs to win this race! He brings a fiscal point of view to light that needs to be talked about.
If we(Vermonters) continue to elece these same old pokes that have been in office for years, this state is going to be bankrupt within 3 yrs.
What we need is more people like Chris. He is encouraging young, bright Vermonters to stay in this state. Right now, 88% of all native Vermonters who graduate college, move out-of-state. Why? No jobs. Chris has a vision for job creation. If we allow these same legislators this number will grow.
Please, please elect Chris Moore for Windham-4
Vermont joke

Wallingford, VT

#5 Sep 25, 2010
Same Shi* Different Day. It is very difficult to make change on any level. Beware any politican who tells you they will lower your taxes as their primary campaign goal. Chris is a great kid, but look who he associates with, Tom Salmon. What has he done for the state but bring embarrasment to the state odditor's office.
think change

Bellows Falls, VT

#6 Sep 25, 2010
I think its pretty obvious what the current legislators would do. Schools will continue to close with no middle class left in Vermont.Those of us left here will be paying more and more. Where Vermont is, is where Vermont is heading with the incumbents. I'm voting for change.
Yes to MOORE

East Calais, VT

#7 Sep 25, 2010
Chris Moore is the one to boost Windham-4 and promote positive change. He's a young, energetic, intelligent lawyer with a growing family in the area. He is an independent - he's not swayed or driven by partisan politics - he will speak for the people and vote for what he believes best suits his district - not just what the "party" wants. Moore for the People!
Vermont joke

Wallingford, VT

#8 Sep 25, 2010
It sounds like he wants to just get elected and he'll say anything to get there. I'd have more respect for him if he said he'd work hard for the taxpayers and the middle class NOT "Elect me and I'll lower your taxes and bring jobs to Windham County? Every legislator has the same goals, it's not possible because of the strength of the unions. Douglas didn't do it Dubie won't do it (his plans will actually make it harder for the middle class) AND Shumlin won't do it either.
No Monty

Bellows Falls, VT

#9 Sep 25, 2010
Monty, your dam deal sunk this town with legal bills. What do you know about fiscal responsibility? Why do you think saxtons river looks down its nose at bf? that is stupid.
frmratsundergoun d

Essex Junction, VT

#10 Sep 25, 2010
Local reps should have term limits. The same tired tax and spend has ruined the economy for the private sector. Year after year the state is the largest employer in the state. The unions siphon money out of state from the taxpayers and their sheep workers in dues. Vermont had a great society before the "great society". I am voting to bring it back anyway I can!
from a far

Hartland, VT

#11 Sep 25, 2010
He didnt do anything when he was on the board in Grafton. Hes all hot air
Vermont joke

Wallingford, VT

#12 Sep 25, 2010
Sure..Independent? I think not. Everywhere there's a Dubie sign or a Tom Salmon sign there's a Moore sign. It's even on every Republican's lawn in Rockingham and Grafton. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, It's a DUCK.
Yes to MOORE

East Calais, VT

#13 Sep 25, 2010
Vermont joke wrote:
It sounds like he wants to just get elected and he'll say anything to get there. I'd have more respect for him if he said he'd work hard for the taxpayers and the middle class NOT "Elect me and I'll lower your taxes and bring jobs to Windham County? Every legislator has the same goals, it's not possible because of the strength of the unions. Douglas didn't do it Dubie won't do it (his plans will actually make it harder for the middle class) AND Shumlin won't do it either.
Sounds like Chris Moore IS saying he'll work hard for the taxpayers and the middle class - how else are we going to get anywhere if we don't help the taxpayers by lowering taxes and get some decent paying jobs in the county? Anyone who has the guts, stamina and brains to stand up and offer to work hard for the middle class would get my vote.
from a far

Hartland, VT

#14 Sep 26, 2010
wont happen
Deployed in Afghanistan

United States

#15 Sep 27, 2010
NO MOORE 4 WINDHAM 4 wrote:
"Our ‘Moore for Windham-4’ motto is on blue campaign signs that have created a blue wave from the center of Bellows Falls to the most rural parts of my district."
The headline to this story should read "WHY NO MOORE FOR WINDHAM.. 4" Bellows Falls is dripping in RED INK all due to Section 8 housing that the
Moore family owns operates with Chris as the corporate counsel head. It is not enough to simply upgrade triple deckers and white siding on homes in
Bellows Falls Vt. The Moore family motto is turn a blind eye when it comes to doing simple background checks on their perspective renters and they
work hand in hand with the state when it comes to using Bellows Falls as a dumping ground for society ills and the dept of corrections.
1 building alone the Moore family allowed a convicted murder from the state of MICHIGAN who had served 25 years in jail to move to Bellows Falls Vt.
The very next property owned by another section 8 landlord took a sex offender in as a ternate after he had been forced out of a neighborhood in sight of
the elementary school. The more unsavory the character the better it is when it comes to the state placing its CLIENTS in Bellows Falls Vt.
Thanks but no thanks Chris and Steve Moore
Renting to welfare recipients is guaranteed money in the bank. No worry about rent money, the state check goes straight to the landlord.
Vermonter 4 Years

Grantham, NH

#16 Sep 28, 2010
Deployed in Afghanistan wrote:
<quoted text>
Renting to welfare recipients is guaranteed money in the bank. No worry about rent money, the state check goes straight to the landlord.
I agree so much...Rented off more YEARS ago before I bought my own house
If he runs office like he runs his buildings were all F***d
like farther like son all for the money !!!!!!!!
Direct Deposit

Belfast, ME

#17 Sep 29, 2010
The checks go direct to dads account but sonny denies he is involved anyMOORE, we know better.
VOTE OBIE
what the

Hartland, VT

#18 Oct 2, 2010
Daddy, next week I want to be president
Vermont joke

Springfield, VT

#19 Oct 2, 2010
At least he's running as an Independent so it won't be a shock if and when he jumps ship like Salmon to run as a Republican. Salmon is aptly named, always flopping around like a fish out of water on the issues. How many political parties are there? Maybe he'll start his own political party. What could we call it? The self preservation party or the 30 second party?
Joe Shlabotnik

Charlestown, NH

#20 Oct 2, 2010
Vermont joke wrote:
Maybe he'll start his own political party. What could we call it? The self preservation party or the 30 second party?
How about the "Flip-Flops". Their logo could be a pair of those cheap rubber sandals, with a saying "we stand for the other thing"
Dennis Reed

Windsor, CT

#21 Oct 13, 2010
That family stand for one thing MONEY alone and BF suffers thanks to dear old dad and junior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sexual Abuse Lawsuit: Federal court dismisses c... Thu Alank 50
News Judge dismisses roofer case mid-trial (Oct '08) Dec '16 Long Island Liberal 10
Vermont State Police warn to stay out of Saxton... Nov '16 openmind693 1
News Police Log (May '16) May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
Meaning of the name "Seward" (May '16) May '16 peter gumaer ogden 1
News Woman, girl hospitalized after being hit by car... (Nov '15) Nov '15 bill 1
News UHSD 27 budget to go up less than 1 percent des... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Andrew Andrews 1

Westminster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westminster Mortgages