Letter Box

There are 5 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Aug 19, 2010, titled Letter Box. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

I first met David Gibson in the late 1990s when he was doing legal work to stop the Brattleboro Selectboard from destroying a historically significant park in order to accommodate traffic, even though engineering studies had shown that traffic lights would do the job.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

CPAC

Andover, NH

#2 Aug 19, 2010
Louise the maid
Burlington, VT
Reply »
|Report Abuse
Yesterday Monte and Golec have sat on boards years and what have they accomplished ?

The highest taxed village in the state.

The Trans Canada money over the dam ransacked from your pockets to the tune of
SEVEN HUNDRED FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS without voter approval.

Petty, trite, inane, vindictive, sneaky and dishonest are words that come to mind.

Are we any better off with their years of leadership ?

A posted comment yesterday by a taxpayer.

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

#4 Aug 19, 2010
I would have to agree. Anyone who does not see what is going on is willfully ignorant & likely part of the problem.

There needs to be some new blood in BF who are not mere bureaucrats beholden to the parasitic element living off of, & consequently raising, tax revenue that there is enough to go around to feed the bloodsuckers.
The Tired and Poor

Ellsworth, ME

#5 Aug 20, 2010
The Tired and Poor
Join the community
Burlington, VT
1 min ago To both Paul Millman and Brent Lisia you both are great men with proven track records in the community both in terms of business and decency.
I am sorry that some of us don’t share your views on Monty or Stefan Golec for selectmen. Their track record over years has been taxes and
more taxes, that is a documented proven fact that places Bellows Falls the highest taxed village in the state of Vermont.

Both these men have served on respective boards combined for over 45 years and that is why Bellows Falls is at the brink of bankruptcy.
The Trans Canada deal with the disinformation that came from these 2 men split this community right in half and we the town still have
not had a total proper accounting of The Misappropriated monies diverted from numerous accounts.

Seven Hundred and Fifty thousand dollars is the figure that does not lie but the old adage figures don’t lie but liars can figure applies here.
If both these " Men's Visions" was to mortgage our future and children's for 75 years with incorrect facts, thanks but no thanks Paul & Brent,
you both are great assets to this community.

Many in this community will attest to both your good characters Paul & Brent but a few of us know the real Monty & Stefan because we have
been the victims of their devious back stabbing vicious vindictive sneaky and dishonest politics.

Are we any better off today then many years past with their leadership?
The Concerns

Ellsworth, ME

#8 Aug 20, 2010
The property is owned by Robitaille at 22 George Street. The listed value is $122,000.00. The Town tax for the year is $2585.52 and the Village is $733.92.

Rockingham vote Triebr, Obie & White please.

Vote the land grab down at 22 George street.
The Concerns

Ellsworth, ME

#9 Aug 21, 2010
I just watched the re run of the candidates forum with Monty and I want to warn Rural Rockingham residents he actually stated MERGER SHOULD BE FORCED TO HAPPEN.

Well Monty you dont pay your rent on time to Alice's Estate and if Merger is forced upon Rockingham Residents your meager rent will go up the amount of the tax increase, so start packing please.

I was shocked to see what has become of my Pine Grove on the banks of the river at Herrick's cove. How could you allow that to happen on my estate right in your backyard?

You are a poor steward of the estate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sexual Abuse Lawsuit: Federal court dismisses c... Jun '17 red blood relative 89
News Judge dismisses roofer case mid-trial (Oct '08) Dec '16 Long Island Liberal 10
Vermont State Police warn to stay out of Saxton... (Nov '16) Nov '16 openmind693 1
News Police Log (May '16) May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
Meaning of the name "Seward" (May '16) May '16 peter gumaer ogden 1
News Woman, girl hospitalized after being hit by car... (Nov '15) Nov '15 bill 1
News UHSD 27 budget to go up less than 1 percent des... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Andrew Andrews 1

Westminster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westminster Mortgages