Brattleboro man pleads not guilty to child abuse charges

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

Voters on Town Meeting Day will be asked to fill two open seats on the Selectboard from among a very experienced field of candidates.
Comments
1 - 20 of 104 Comments Last updated May 31, 2012
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Belle Pepper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2009

Wonderful...another child abuser. I think it's time that Vermont stiffen its sentences for people like this.
PLAIN JANE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2009

just another day in the ballet of brattleboro Is this the result of cutback at the court house if so they should close them 4 more days a week since their result of being firm and strict has finally paid of for the long run for society in general more alarms more guns more security the tax payer have to front for their own life and property as well at school buses on the street so the little sob can do as they please If you were to hold one of the little darling down and give them a wet willy in the ear you would be sued of forcing them to clean a ear. no job but they fenced our goods for drugs nose rings tatoos that says momma was a crack head dad was a don't know well a bastard for sure remember the old days when you knew all your sisters and brothers all had a job and no arrests or jailed in laws. try telling that to the group doing crack in the harmony lot and they won't believe you b-s artist. now that's why they say the good old days dude can I borrow hit off your pipe
just another dude

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2009

PLAIN JANE wrote:
dude can I borrow hit off your pipe
no. clearly you've had enough.
Black car

West Dover, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2009

This makes me sick to my stomach.
PLAIN JANE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

the thought of taking a hit off a dirty crack pipe or being seen in the harmony lot. you don't mean beating on the helpless or should that be a given how is it that you think stiffer rules or laws if it sounds more bad dude do you possibly think the brutes think of the end means of their actions and of others. oh contra missey only thinh on his mind rotates 4 thinks every 5 seconds sex drugs booze and kickin someone helpless for entertainment or pleasure maybe some help for the poor confused mislead person he needs to be see what love can do for him that he has been deprived of
Fran

Hanover, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

Maybe they should exhume the body of his 4 month old son who allegedly died of SIDS.
Fiona

Danby, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2009

There is always the slight possibility that Brittle Bone Disease is involved. I'm not a doctor, but I have heard of a couple of cases where parents were accused and later it turned out to be Brittle Bone Disease.
Barbara

Rutland, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Fiona wrote:
There is always the slight possibility that Brittle Bone Disease is involved. I'm not a doctor, but I have heard of a couple of cases where parents were accused and later it turned out to be Brittle Bone Disease.
In this case I don't think so. He had an infant 4 months old die of SIDS. I think the person who suggested exhuming the body of his late child might be on to something.
felicia

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

and i bet lukas will blame his anger problems on his parents and i know his girl friend she use to hit lukas all the time and they should not have kids the mother and father are not grown up them selfs
felicia

Lebanon, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Belle Pepper wrote:
Wonderful...another child abuser. I think it's time that Vermont stiffen its sentences for people like this.
what do you know your from mass and you know what they say about people from mass
2 sides to the story

Danby, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Barbara wrote:
<quoted text>
In this case I don't think so. He had an infant 4 months old die of SIDS. I think the person who suggested exhuming the body of his late child might be on to something.
Are you maybe the Barbara that is the grandmother of the baby's mother? If so maybe you should stop making assumptions and nasty accusations just to get your granddaughter off. It speaks volumes of your character.
In a one room apartment is anyone believing that the baby's mother didn't know anything about this? Since Lukas was working all the time and she was home with the baby and not working doesn't it seem odd that she doesn't know anything at all about what happened??
Got anything better to do

Keene, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

Okay the Guys son died of SIDS. Noq if this guy did anything to he kid they would have known.They would have been able to tell. If this guy poisioned, smothered. his child or anything. And how do you people know this guy personal life. like what kinda of apartment when he worked. his girlfriends grandmother. how do you guys know any of this to begin with. people really need to do some research if you are going to start talking about someone cause get some of your facts straight first. and maybe his parents are responcible for his angry. where they ever supporitve, maybe they tried to control his life, maybe abused him you never know.
HOW DO YOU KNOW

Keene, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

2 sides to the story wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you maybe the Barbara that is the grandmother of the baby's mother? If so maybe you should stop making assumptions and nasty accusations just to get your granddaughter off. It speaks volumes of your character.
In a one room apartment is anyone believing that the baby's mother didn't know anything about this? Since Lukas was working all the time and she was home with the baby and not working doesn't it seem odd that she doesn't know anything at all about what happened??
How do yuo know all of this. it seems like you know these people very well. i am just wondering on how you know so much about their lives?.
dont know me

Keene, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2009

wow maybe they should check the 4 month old again. sounds like someone is on to something. i dont doubt that this guy would have killed his child. sounds sick enough
2 sides to the story

Danby, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

HOW DO YOU KNOW wrote:
<quoted text>
How do yuo know all of this. it seems like you know these people very well. i am just wondering on how you know so much about their lives?.
Wait - let me look up my bank account numbers and give you those along with my social security number. Since you didn't ask Fran, Barbara or Felicia who they were and how they knew so much about the story, I'm betting that you know a lot more about this than I do.
HOW DO YOU KNOW

Keene, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

2 sides to the story wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait - let me look up my bank account numbers and give you those along with my social security number. Since you didn't ask Fran, Barbara or Felicia who they were and how they knew so much about the story, I'm betting that you know a lot more about this than I do.
better question how do any of you know anything about thses people. to trash someone over the internet i think it is crap. the guys child died of SIDS. if he had done anything i am sure the coriner would have found something with the technology now a days they would have. and i bet for all those who know so much about these people wouldnt even think to say it to their faces.if i was the mother or the father i would be outraged with all of this.
Babs G

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

Yes - reminds me of an old "rule" of mine when talking about other people; never say behind their backs what you couldn't say to their face.
It's tragic, whether talked about on the internet or on the street -
2 sides to the story

Danby, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

HOW DO YOU KNOW wrote:
<quoted text>if i was the mother or the father i would be outraged with all of this.
Kind of like the outrage a lot of people feel when they read how this baby was battered many times over??

Or the outrage that a normal person feels when the article states that when the police asked both the mother and father what happened to the baby - neither knew nothing about it??

Did the baby go out to the bar on a Friday night and get into a brawl??

Maybe they could have avoided all that outrage you think they should be feeling and acted like responsible parents after they had the baby. And if they weren't going to do that - they shouldn't have had a baby in the first place or after the baby was born given the baby up for adoption to a family who didn't have such "outrage".

No matter what - both of them do know what happened and one of them is covering for the other - and that's the outrage. Because if the wrong one takes the blame for the other - that poor baby may end up dead next time.

So save that outrage for when that happens.
Joshua

Keene, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

It clearly states that Lukas is the one taking responiblity for the injury. So how is one parent covering for another?
2 sides to the story

Danby, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2009

Babs G wrote:
Yes - reminds me of an old "rule" of mine when talking about other people; never say behind their backs what you couldn't say to their face.
It's tragic, whether talked about on the internet or on the street -
This isn't a situation where people are gossiping
about their neighbors. This is a printed article in the paper about severe child abuse. So stop making it sound like we're talking about not liking Aunt Mary's curtains or someone's choice of a new boyfriend.

All the parents had to do to avoid any of this was not beat the crap out of that poor baby.

And by the way - I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever telling this to the parents faces. Maybe somone in their lives should have been telling them not to be parents until they could handle it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westminster Discussions

Search the Westminster Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Clark seeks third term as sheriff Tue vern 39
Putney's free walk-in clinic closes after 22 years Jul 29 Former New Englander 3
Police Log Jul 4 If Sheeple Would Wake Up 6
Some roads in Putney to get fiber optic broadband Jul 2 Flat Lander 1
Vermont legislators hear of child protection co... Jun '14 Truth Hurts 1
Stroll Parade order of march Jun '14 Biz or not 7
Tavern Lawn series kicks off with Simba May '14 Flat Lander 1
•••
•••

Westminster News Video

•••
•••

Westminster Jobs

•••