Congress OKs heating funds

Full story: Brattleboro Reformer

Low-income Vermonters on fuel assistance will get a boost in their support payments after Congress on Tuesday approved another $10.8 million for the federally funded Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, or LIHEAP.
Comments
21 - 39 of 39 Comments Last updated Dec 28, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nancy Stardust

Wolcott, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

only with the few dollars that I had on me. Additionally I wrote a check to the food shelf and donated toys to several families this year. How about you?

“Riff-Raff Radar”

Since: Dec 10

Floaters Sometime Sink

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

BillSmith70 wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you prove me right. Typical.
You were the one who said your government was racist, and then tried to squirm your way out of it.
Well you have proved one thing to me...besides your tunnel vision....you are a chickenshit coward....If you can't run with the big dogs get back under the porch.
Concerned

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Nancy, if this is true why didn't you call the Salvation Army have them get to her for help. Or take her to the nearest shelter? Even the police would have or I should say should have responded to a call for help.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Noah Vail wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you have proved one thing to me...besides your tunnel vision....you are a chickenshit coward....If you can't run with the big dogs get back under the porch.
Really? Care to elaborate on that?

Post your address and I will come over and prove you wrong to your face.

“Riff-Raff Radar”

Floaters Sometime Sink

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

BillSmith70 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Care to elaborate on that?
Post your address and I will come over and prove you wrong to your face.
Like you're the only crazy person in the world? That road goes both ways Nancy...post yours and if it makes any sense I'll see ya.
Nancy Stardust

Wolcott, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Concerned wrote:
Nancy, if this is true why didn't you call the Salvation Army have them get to her for help. Or take her to the nearest shelter? Even the police would have or I should say should have responded to a call for help.
A middle aged man was with her & I hoped he was trying to help her. Not so long ago at the Price Chopper lights I spotted a man with a similar sign and gave my daughter a few dollars to hand to him. When she reached out her hand towards him; the hand he used to take the money held a large Bouie knife. My daughter still managed enough courage to place the money in his hand. Sadly, that taught me to be weary of being overly trusting. Some might think that contributing to charities by dropping a check in the mail to be less Christian than buying a stranger a cup of coffee, but being faced with concern for ones safety, that is the world we have created. I don't own a cell phone, but I did alert you to the situation using this public forum. Now what are you going to do?
Joe

Chester, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Nancy Stardust wrote:
12/23/2010
Outside Wal-Mart entrance at noon; an elderly woman about 80 years old, holding a cardboard sign asking, "can you help me I am homeless?
Merry Christmas
than she jumped in the families lexus after making a few hundred dollars and they all said great job mom and asked if she up for another spot or wanted to call it a day.

“Riff-Raff Radar”

Floaters Sometime Sink

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
than she jumped in the families lexus after making a few hundred dollars and they all said great job mom and asked if she up for another spot or wanted to call it a day.
No kiddin!!! If this isn't some of the stupidest crap I've read in a while.....Let me tell you about the homeless dude I saw on I 40...he looked as if he could use a hug.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Noah Vail wrote:
<quoted text>
Like you're the only crazy person in the world? That road goes both ways Nancy...post yours and if it makes any sense I'll see ya.
I knew you are a coward. You might be a male, but you will never be a man. I hope you have a miserable life and die a painful death, but only after you watch your family die in pain.

“Riff-Raff Radar”

Floaters Sometime Sink

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

BillSmith70 wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you are a coward. You might be a male, but you will never be a man. I hope you have a miserable life and die a painful death, but only after you watch your family die in pain.
You sound like a hysterical moron and maybe covering up some pecker-puffer tendencies....I've seen certifiable insane people with more self-control than you show....I've met a hundred loud-mouth azzholes like you in my life....and I've sent a few to the hospital...the one's that didn't run....

You've done lot's of unnecessary talking (typical) proven nothing except what you already know....you're still of loser coward...the thing I know about you guys,,,is you're the first to know how chickenshit you are.
Merry Crispness

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2010

Noah Vail wrote:
<quoted text>
Freudian slip more than a race card you twit....any fool could have seen that if they wanted to of course.
**** would race have to do with our corporate wh-ore dominated government?
You made a mistake. Admit it, apologize, correct it, and move on. Just because you made a mistake doesn't make someone else an ideologue. Do a better job of protecting your credibility.

“Riff-Raff Radar”

Floaters Sometime Sink

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Merry Crispness wrote:
<quoted text>
You made a mistake. Admit it, apologize, correct it, and move on. Just because you made a mistake doesn't make someone else an ideologue. Do a better job of protecting your credibility.
Hey nosey...did you read the thread? It was an honest mistake that anyone with any intellect would have seen...Anyone familiar with fascism knows the difference....so you think this moron was cool in his childish curse that he placed on me and my family?...I don't give a f**k what your ideology is, that's just silly shit.

He didn't deny his ideology did he?
Concerned

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Nancy Stardust wrote:
<quoted text>A middle aged man was with her & I hoped he was trying to help her. Not so long ago at the Price Chopper lights I spotted a man with a similar sign and gave my daughter a few dollars to hand to him. When she reached out her hand towards him; the hand he used to take the money held a large Bouie knife. My daughter still managed enough courage to place the money in his hand. Sadly, that taught me to be weary of being overly trusting. Some might think that contributing to charities by dropping a check in the mail to be less Christian than buying a stranger a cup of coffee, but being faced with concern for ones safety, that is the world we have created. I don't own a cell phone, but I did alert you to the situation using this public forum. Now what are you going to do?
Do what I have always done. Provide food, never cash, and notified authorities of the persons plight. Quite often I have gone to help agencies and gotten someone to go to see about that person. Providing food and getting help is the best way to go. There are some out there that make a live, a decent one, by begging-I have known and seen this is my long years. I am sorry your daughter had the experience she had, not all those in need are like that. I hope you reported the incident.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

Merry Crispness wrote:
<quoted text>
No need in wasting your time. He is nothing but another internet troll that feeds on confrontation. In other words, don't feed the troll.
Merry Crispness

Brattleboro, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2010

BillSmith70 wrote:
<quoted text>
No need in wasting your time. He is nothing but another internet troll that feeds on confrontation. In other words, don't feed the troll.
You're right, no need to waste time on such an individual.

“Riff-Raff Radar”

Floaters Sometime Sink

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2010

BillSmith70 wrote:
<quoted text>
The team of Xian right wing truth avoiders have spoken in their canned speech way....get a new dodge boys...that one is worn out.
estanson

Jericho, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide food, never cash,.
oh boy the sheer poetry of saying this to a Dem...

see when you meet the guy on the street, you intuitively know to provide food and NOT money...
but when your just mailing checks from DC.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

This is great news for the people that need it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2010

Nancy Stardust wrote:
Yes yes very good. Congress has discovered that those without heat cannot write checks to pay their bills with frozen fingers. Stay warm everyone and Merry Christmas to you.
Lol! Good one!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Westminster Discussions

Search the Westminster Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Clark seeks third term as sheriff 3 hr vern 35
Putney's free walk-in clinic closes after 22 years Jul 5 Cris Ericson 2
Police Log Jul 4 If Sheeple Would Wake Up 6
Some roads in Putney to get fiber optic broadband Jul 2 Flat Lander 1
Vermont legislators hear of child protection co... Jun '14 Truth Hurts 1
Stroll Parade order of march Jun '14 Biz or not 7
Tavern Lawn series kicks off with Simba May '14 Flat Lander 1
•••
•••