Congress OKs heating funds

Congress OKs heating funds

There are 39 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Dec 22, 2010, titled Congress OKs heating funds. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Low-income Vermonters on fuel assistance will get a boost in their support payments after Congress on Tuesday approved another $10.8 million for the federally funded Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, or LIHEAP.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dawn

Brookline, MA

#1 Dec 23, 2010
I'm a single mom struggling to pay my bills and cannot see my way through, i'v been living without heat in my apartment for for over two months now and cannot get any help can someone please help

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Dec 23, 2010
Dawn wrote:
I'm a single mom struggling to pay my bills and cannot see my way through, i'v been living without heat in my apartment for for over two months now and cannot get any help can someone please help
Do you have a new car? Cell phone? Internet? Cable TV?
ernst

Fort Pierce, FL

#3 Dec 23, 2010
what about the ones that cant get benefits that are struggling as prices clime another thanks to Mr Obama but lets send billions over seas

Noah Vail

“Riff-Raff Radar”

Since: Dec 10

Floaters Sometime Sink

#4 Dec 23, 2010
Afraid the Obama man is a dismal failure...I expected such for 8 years under Bush but Obama's FBI, FDA, DOD, etc. are Bushes.....but where do we go from here?

They are all bought and paid for by corporate America.
estanson

Windsor, VT

#5 Dec 23, 2010
just in todays news is federal funds to VT for:
heating
schools
trains
roads
trucking

just a reminder: a government big enough to give you everything you need is also big enough to take everything you have.

this is your money returned to you with strings attached!

Location hidden

#6 Dec 23, 2010
Noah Vail wrote:
Afraid the Obama man is a dismal failure...I expected such for 8 years under Bush but Obama's FBI, FDA, DOD, etc. are Bushes.....but where do we go from here?
They are all bought and paid for by corporate America.
Corporations are creations of the state and work hand and hand with the government.

Corporations would not exist in a free market.
Nancy Stardust

Danville, VT

#7 Dec 23, 2010
Yes yes very good. Congress has discovered that those without heat cannot write checks to pay their bills with frozen fingers. Stay warm everyone and Merry Christmas to you.

Noah Vail

“Riff-Raff Radar”

Floaters Sometime Sink

#8 Dec 23, 2010
BillSmith70 wrote:
<quoted text>
Corporations are creations of the state and work hand and hand with the government.
Corporations would not exist in a free market.
However corporations working hand in hand with government is racism.

Noah Vail

“Riff-Raff Radar”

Floaters Sometime Sink

#9 Dec 23, 2010
Nancy Stardust wrote:
Yes yes very good. Congress has discovered that those without heat cannot write checks to pay their bills with frozen fingers. Stay warm everyone and Merry Christmas to you.
Yeah maybe Jesus will blow some heat your way.

Location hidden

#10 Dec 23, 2010
Noah Vail wrote:
<quoted text>
However corporations working hand in hand with government is racism.
Wrong, it is fascism. Way to play that tired old race card.

Noah Vail

“Riff-Raff Radar”

Floaters Sometime Sink

#11 Dec 23, 2010
BillSmith70 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, it is fascism. Way to play that tired old race card.
Freudian slip more than a race card you twit....any fool could have seen that if they wanted to of course.

WTF would race have to do with our corporate wh-ore dominated government?
estanson

Windsor, VT

#12 Dec 23, 2010
Noah Vail wrote:
<quoted text>
**** would race have to do with our corporate wh-ore dominated government?
thats what i was wondering...

Location hidden

#13 Dec 23, 2010
Noah Vail wrote:
<quoted text>
Freudian slip more than a race card you twit....any fool could have seen that if they wanted to of course.
WTF would race have to do with our corporate wh-ore dominated government?
You supposedly make a "Freudian slip" and have the audacity to make a childish insult?

Typical, yet pathetic.

Noah Vail

“Riff-Raff Radar”

Floaters Sometime Sink

#14 Dec 23, 2010
BillSmith70 wrote:
<quoted text>
You supposedly make a "Freudian slip" and have the audacity to make a childish insult?
Typical, yet pathetic.
Say what's on your mind politically azzhole or go away....I have you pegged for a closed-minded right wingnut...and a half-azzed Xian...am I close?

Location hidden

#16 Dec 23, 2010
Noah Vail wrote:
<quoted text>
Say what's on your mind politically azzhole[sic] or go away....I have you pegged for a closed-minded right wingnut[sic]...and a half-azzed[sic] Xian...am I close?
Is it possible for your to even write coherently? Probably not since you were more than likely "educated" in a government school and have the IQ level equivalent to average room temperature.

I'm sure you will just respond with more childish ad hominem attacks.

Noah Vail

“Riff-Raff Radar”

Floaters Sometime Sink

#17 Dec 23, 2010
BillSmith70 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it possible for your to even write coherently? Probably not since you were more than likely "educated" in a government school and have the IQ level equivalent to average room temperature.
I'm sure you will just respond with more childish ad hominem attacks.
You haven't said anything since you locked in on your racial angle...hey dude....this isn't my first rodeo. I can smell an ideologue from a mile off....got any guts say something...take a position or shut the f**k up....your whining about me will get you squat....you are typical and sooooo transparent
Joe

Burlington, VT

#18 Dec 23, 2010
Dawn wrote:
Dial 911 and report child abuse, some nice people will be right over to help. Give you a nice warm cop car ride to jail and your kid a ride to a warm place to live.

"as Juan Williams pointed out in his powerful book, "Enough," there exists a formula that is so effective at combating poverty that researchers have created something akin to a "magic pill" for escaping poverty's grasp. The formula goes like this: graduate high school, get and keep a job, get married after finishing school and getting a job, and then, after age 21, begin creating your family. The poverty rate for any black man or woman who follows that formula is 5.8 percent. For whites itÂ’s slightly less effective (7.8 percent)."

for married-couple families the poverty rate rose from 5.5 percent in 2008 to 5.8 percent in 2009. But that baseline poverty rate pales in comparison to the rate for female-householder-with-no-hus band-present families, which in 2009 stood at 29.9 percent, up from 28.7 percent in 2008.
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php...

Location hidden

#19 Dec 23, 2010
Noah Vail wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't said anything since you locked in on your racial angle...hey dude....this isn't my first rodeo. I can smell an ideologue from a mile off....got any guts say something...take a position or shut the f**k up....your whining about me will get you squat....you are typical and sooooo transparent
Once again you prove me right. Typical.

You were the one who said your government was racist, and then tried to squirm your way out of it.
Nancy Stardust

Danville, VT

#20 Dec 23, 2010
12/23/2010
Outside Wal-Mart entrance at noon; an elderly woman about 80 years old, holding a cardboard sign asking, "can you help me I am homeless?
Merry Christmas

Location hidden

#21 Dec 23, 2010
Nancy Stardust wrote:
12/23/2010
Outside Wal-Mart entrance at noon; an elderly woman about 80 years old, holding a cardboard sign asking, "can you help me I am homeless?
Merry Christmas
Did you help her?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vermont State Police warn to stay out of Saxton... Nov 20 openmind693 1
News Police Log (May '16) May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
Meaning of the name "Seward" (May '16) May '16 peter gumaer ogden 1
News Woman, girl hospitalized after being hit by car... (Nov '15) Nov '15 bill 1
News UHSD 27 budget to go up less than 1 percent des... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Andrew Andrews 1
News Dummerston skeptical of solar deal (Feb '14) Aug '14 Bob Story 4
Slaughter house (Apr '14) Apr '14 Flat Lander 3

Westminster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westminster Mortgages