SEVCA gets grant for home repair

SEVCA gets grant for home repair

There are 4 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Oct 5, 2010, titled SEVCA gets grant for home repair. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Southeastern Vermont Community Action is slated to receive a $50,000 grant to help extend its successful Emergency Home Repair program.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

resident

Bellows Falls, VT

#1 Oct 5, 2010
This is good news. Hope this year none of it is used like last year for the land trusts to use when they have their own funding. Sad to hear because of some of those funds from last year were used by those compines, that waiting list is even longer. To have those that are living in their apt's.(land trusts), fill out forms verifying their low income, they mis-used that information, and taking advantage of that funding.
Guess that's left to be seen...leaking roofs that have lead to mold are still not fixed...etc...
Sara

Putney, VT

#2 Oct 5, 2010
If you're lucky they won't lose your application like they lost my tenant's fuel assistance application. She sat for over an hour providing information and when she heard nothing more by a month later and after half a dozen phone calls actually reached someone, they told her they didn't know what the status or even the location of it was, that they didn't have any records for it.

They are a well meaning organization who has helped a lot of people but I have to wonder how many others fall through the cracks in their organization?
watcher

Westland, MI

#3 Oct 5, 2010
So sad this was started to help so many but in the past few years they have shown that they need to be watched over.( landtrust for starters).
I have also seen in the past people who needed it didn't get the help . Especially in the heating dept.
ultraviolet

Harrisville, NH

#4 Oct 7, 2010
resident wrote:
This is good news. Hope this year none of it is used like last year for the land trusts to use when they have their own funding. Sad to hear because of some of those funds from last year were used by those compines, that waiting list is even longer. To have those that are living in their apt's.(land trusts), fill out forms verifying their low income, they mis-used that information, and taking advantage of that funding.
Guess that's left to be seen...leaking roofs that have lead to mold are still not fixed...etc...
This is not the Land Trust, and it is for emergency repairs for homeowners not renters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge dismisses roofer case mid-trial (Oct '08) 9 hr Chika 9
Vermont State Police warn to stay out of Saxton... Nov 20 openmind693 1
News Police Log (May '16) May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
Meaning of the name "Seward" (May '16) May '16 peter gumaer ogden 1
News Woman, girl hospitalized after being hit by car... (Nov '15) Nov '15 bill 1
News UHSD 27 budget to go up less than 1 percent des... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Andrew Andrews 1
News Dummerston skeptical of solar deal (Feb '14) Aug '14 Bob Story 4

Westminster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westminster Mortgages