Principal of Monty Tech placed on leave - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

The staff at Montachusett Regional Vocational Technical School received an e-mail from Superintendent James Culkeen a couple of weeks ago informing them the new principal, Nicholas DeSimone, was placed on administrative leave, Monty Tech Athletic Director David Reid said Friday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Helen Keller

Southbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 2, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

the MT school committee members are a joke. They let the stooge superintendent run amok like a little napoleon dictator control freak. Note quote from that guy Williams about head gets to made all his own decisions. They why even have a SC? No principal will stay very long. Students say there is a lot of stuff going on including affairs with his staff- that place is going downhill fast.
are you for real

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 2, 2010
 
Blogenburgian,
Are you for real? You do understand that "mistress" is NOT a job in the school?????

The superintendent is needed to coordinate the needs/resources of the 18 towns that send kids to this school.

The principal handles the day-to-day operations of the school.



to everyone else: it is common practice at all public schools for NO information to be given out to the public, or to the students/parents/and even the staff about any situation involving school personnel. It's very frustrating not to be told what's going on, but there are privacy issues to be considered.
bull

Holden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 3, 2010
 
are you for real wrote:
Blogenburgian,
Are you for real? You do understand that "mistress" is NOT a job in the school?????
The superintendent is needed to coordinate the needs/resources of the 18 towns that send kids to this school.
The principal handles the day-to-day operations of the school.
to everyone else: it is common practice at all public schools for NO information to be given out to the public, or to the students/parents/and even the staff about any situation involving school personnel. It's very frustrating not to be told what's going on, but there are privacy issues to be considered.
we pay all of there salarys, we have a right to know, why he is on leave while still collecting a check!
The Insider

Sagamore Beach, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 3, 2010
 
bull wrote:
<quoted text>
we pay all of there salarys, we have a right to know, why he is on leave while still collecting a check!
No you don't have the right to know. We pay the salaries of the FBI, CIA and other agencies too. Should we know everything they do? Sorry priviledged information. Especially if it is a medical issue.
Concerned Fitchburg resid

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 3, 2010
 
If Mr. DeSimone does not return to Monty Tech will they be posting the position again or will he (Culkeen)just give the duties to someone else that will be more subordinate. Maybe fresh blood in the building is what the school needs. It would be interesting to see what the staff at the school think of their boss but I bet no one is talking for fear of retaliation.
Concerned Fitchburg resid

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 3, 2010
 
If Mr. DeSimone did something to warrant his "administrative leave: then Mr. Culkeen made the right decision but it is also the School Committees job to review Mr. Culkeen's behavior and to issue him an appropriate consequence as well. Mr Culkeen already had one strike against him because he reportedly already had affair with another teachers wife at the school and now he is supposedly having an affair with another administrator when will he ever learn. School Committee members please do us a favor and look into this matter carefully or contact the department of Education for assistance. Monty Tech had a good reputation let's not let a few people ruin it. As a leader one must lead by example and this person is not a very good example for our students or for other educators.
sick of mediocre

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 3, 2010
 
Sounds like he Administration at his school needs more supervision than the kids.
How embarrassing for the community.
parenthood

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 3, 2010
 
What has our society come to, this sounds like Leominster, I hope you dont concider this appropriate behavior
Prudence

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 3, 2010
 
I'm a little surprised at the slanderous accusations being presented here. I thought according to the terms of service that posters were agreeing to included no posts that include personal attacks? And we are to take the word of a student who's opinion of the principal is based on the fact that "he shook his hand" With the school year just beginning how can anyone, staff or students have already formed this high regard for the new principal? Many of these comments seem suspect to me.
commonsence

Northampton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 3, 2010
 
just what these kids need to learn , how to cheat with a mistress, i say put them all on leave ,without pay , replace them all .
MTA member

Winchendon, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 3, 2010
 
Prudence wrote:
I'm a little surprised at the slanderous accusations being presented here. I thought according to the terms of service that posters were agreeing to included no posts that include personal attacks? And we are to take the word of a student who's opinion of the principal is based on the fact that "he shook his hand" With the school year just beginning how can anyone, staff or students have already formed this high regard for the new principal? Many of these comments seem suspect to me.
Don't you know that anything goes on the Topix forum, Prudence? Say want you want-with no risk of repercussions. It's basically a bullseye on peoples' asses, no matter whether they're public officials or not. Hide behind the Topix forum-fling a bunch of mud, and feel good about yourself. Heck, if you haven't heard a rumor, just make something up. It's a free country... "Prudence" certainly is not an attribute one needs to have in order to post on this bulletin board.

BUT what would we expect from the Sentinel and Enterprise? Even with Jeff Mcmenemy gone, it's still a blot on the community. I'd think the new editor would have been smarter.
Prudence

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 3, 2010
 
Being new to the area, I was just reading some of the local newspapers online. Frankly when I read this story I was a little surprised it was news. The article doesn't seem to contain any concrete information. There must be many situations in the workplace where employees are put on leave for one reason or another. Since when is it news?
Helen Keller

Salem, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 3, 2010
 
wow, this is embarrassing for the community and the sudden leave sounds suspicious. Wonder if the new guy discovered all the funny business right from the start. Can't believe a superintendent would have an affair with a teacher's WIFE! If true, how awful for that teacher to be put in such a position! Shame on the school committee for looking the other way on all this nonsense! And Prudence, this is news because we are all taxpayers paying this fool.
not surprised

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 3, 2010
 
As a former employee of Monty Tech, I am not surprised that there is controversy in the building. There are adminstrators that take the word power and let it go to their head. I wondered myself if Mr.Culkeen controls the building and its employees or if its someone else wearing a suit? I was led to believe that the students have more clout than we think. When peronnel are released from their position, its NOT discussed with ANYONE! Nobody talks about it! It depends who you are, and if you are a friend of the adminstration, you've got nothing to worry about! Does the school committee really know the truth, do they know the facts, or are things being covered up to protect others? If Mr. Culkeen chooses to be involved with another adminstrator within the building, that's HIS business! Does it really matter who he associates with as long as he is able to do his job? Do you really care? This isn't the first time where a man has an affair! I don't know Mr. DeSimone, but if he actually DID do what the students are telling me he did, then I'd like to know why he's collecting a paycheck? The school committee should be investigating the situation at hand, and then a decision should be hopefully made in the best interst of the Monty Tech students. Its up to the school committee to keep an eye on ALL the administrators. I would like to see that the school committee members take more control over the things that happen within MT, and the administrators. I think that the students and their parents have a right to know why the new principal is on leave. Isn't he, along with all the other adminstrators supposed to be setting a good example for our children? Why cover up the facts? Why keep everything hush hush? There have been MANY things happening in the building that NOBODY is aware of, and it's time for the school committee to take notice and stop things from being swept under the rug. Hold the people accountable for their actions! Parents want their children to receive a good education by sending them to Monty Tech. DO SOMETHING BEFORE ITS TOO LATE! I was taught that communication is always the best policy...What happened in THIS case?
be careful or else

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Oct 3, 2010
 
I heard from a friend that if you aren't careful, there's an adminstrator that will can your ass as fast as you can blink your eyes. Don't try to protect yourself, or stand up for yourself in any way, because it doesn't matter what you say. If you are not liked, or you are not one of "them" you don't stand a chance. Some people don't like their power challenged and they feel they have to prove their superiority by putting other people down. Beware of the outcome, for it can cost you your job!
Resident

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Oct 3, 2010
 
Prudence wrote:
Being new to the area, I was just reading some of the local newspapers online. Frankly when I read this story I was a little surprised it was news. The article doesn't seem to contain any concrete information. There must be many situations in the workplace where employees are put on leave for one reason or another. Since when is it news?
You don't think that the suspension of a newly hired principal of a high school that serves many communities is newsworthy? The fact that there are very few details and that this punishment occurred two weeks ago certainly is news. The paper should follow this story closely to see what happened and why.
Congress

Groton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Oct 3, 2010
 
commonsence wrote:
just what these kids need to learn , how to cheat with a mistress, i say put them all on leave ,without pay , replace them all .
Were you referring to congress or senate?
A Community Local

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Oct 4, 2010
 
Prudence wrote:
I'm a little surprised at the slanderous accusations being presented here. I thought according to the terms of service that posters were agreeing to included no posts that include personal attacks? And we are to take the word of a student who's opinion of the principal is based on the fact that "he shook his hand" With the school year just beginning how can anyone, staff or students have already formed this high regard for the new principal? Many of these comments seem suspect to me.
Prudence your tone towards the principal is what seems suspect.“With the school year just beginning how can anyone, staff or students have already formed this high regard for the new principal.” Perhaps you are new to area, perhaps that comment is just a ploy for you to hide behind. The principal did not just fall off a truck. He does have ties with our surrounding communities, and is very well liked. The many interviews on him accepting this position can shed some light on who he is. The latest S&E interview also happens to mention some current student ties to his old school. Also why wouldn’t the student’s opinion matter? He’s the one who will be interacting with the principal throughout the school year.
JOE IN FITCHBURG

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Oct 4, 2010
 
I know students and teachers at the school. People have ran scared there for the last couple of years. The Scool Commettee must do a better job of selecting and investigating the superintendent. Everyone, techers and students must be confortable with the school so that positive things (learning) will happen.
JOE IN FITCHBURG

Windham, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Oct 4, 2010
 
Prudence wrote:
I'm a little surprised at the slanderous accusations being presented here. I thought according to the terms of service that posters were agreeing to included no posts that include personal attacks? And we are to take the word of a student who's opinion of the principal is based on the fact that "he shook his hand" With the school year just beginning how can anyone, staff or students have already formed this high regard for the new principal? Many of these comments seem suspect to me.
Come on now... Are you in with the super and... Just asking!?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of47
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Westminster News Video

•••
Westminster Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Westminster Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westminster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••