Westminster's Tommy Padula is an extr...

Westminster's Tommy Padula is an extra-special Eagle Scout - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 14 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Nov 1, 2010, titled Westminster's Tommy Padula is an extra-special Eagle Scout - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Padula is a member of Boy Scout Troop 823, a special-needs troop in Fitchburg. "When he was born, the doctors said, 'Put him away, he's going to be a vegetable,'" said his mother, Yvette Padula, who lives with her son in Westminster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Major Bajakian

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Nov 1, 2010
What a proud accomplishment! Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout—
Troop 1728 Lunenburg, Eagle Scout 1989
Hmmm

Gardner, MA

#2 Nov 1, 2010
Awesome. Great job.
Old time Boy Scout

Norton, MA

#3 Nov 1, 2010
I went to Split Rock with Tommy oh-so-many years ago. He was the most loyal and deicated scout/friend I met there. Glad to see he still has that can-do attitude. Keep it up Tommy!!
wow

Clinton, MA

#4 Nov 1, 2010
That was a very inspirational story! Congratulations on your Eagle Scout rank, and you should be very proud. I know the Salvation Army surely appreciates everything you did for their organization.
Sharon P

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Nov 1, 2010
What a wonderful story, needed to be told especially this time of the year. Good going Tommy!
Cheryl Clouthier

Pinehurst, MA

#6 Nov 1, 2010
Way to go Tom We are very proud of you.
Eagle Scout mom

Carver, MA

#7 Nov 1, 2010
What a heartwarming and inspiring story! As the mother of an Eagle Scout, I have an understanding of and great respect for the dedication and commitment that it takes for a young man to achieve this rank in Scouting. Congratulations, Tommy!
fitchburger

Leominster, MA

#9 Nov 1, 2010
He's a great guy, and a great feat...Congrats Mr.
Padula, your well loved buddy.
student

Auburndale, FL

#10 Nov 1, 2010
Great job,congratulatios!
Joe

Gardner, MA

#11 Nov 1, 2010
Great story. Tommy has a lot to be proud of. I hope he gets his own troop in the future. Tommy, if you read this, water-sports were my favorite too. I never made Eagle like you though. Keep up the good work.
First Leominster Resident

Shirley, MA

#12 Nov 1, 2010
This a great story...I work with individuals with developmental disabilities...I will share this story with my staff tomorrow. Keep going Tommy...great job!!
butterfly15

Fitchburg, MA

#13 Nov 2, 2010
Great job Tommy!! This is a very inspiring story and so nice to read about something good that is going on in our area. Thank you!
Matt

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Nov 2, 2010
Great Job! This is what scouting is all about. Your determination to achieve your goal. YIS, Matt ASM Troop 12 Leominster
William Hodges

Assonet, MA

#15 Nov 4, 2010
Tommy Padula represents everything that the Boy Scouts of America represents. Our mission is to prepare young people to make the correct choices in their lifetime by instilling in them the values of the Scout Oath and Law. Tommy lives a daily struggle with his disability, and Scouting has given him a foundation to strive for ever increasing goals, it has made him a role model for other boys, where he gives back every day through his example, and he serves as an example to our community of how someone can overcome anything if they have enough spirit and the will to persevere.

I had the priviledge of serving on his Board of Review for Eagle and it is an evening I will remember to the end of my days. It was an honor.

Congratulations Tommy. You are one of my heroes in life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Concerned Fitchburg residents get tour of propo... 2 hr David Lynch 9
News Fitchburg fire chief and firefighters honored T... 2 hr Medal of Truth 7
Help Feed Our Community (HFOC) 14 hr Tami 1
Day Mill Condos 16 hr Delta5Cav 1
Fitchburgs corruption being exposed (Feb '16) 16 hr Fat Stevie 85
Uncle Remus 18 hr Irvine 1
News Fitchburg man and Worcester woman pronounced de... (Jul '10) Mon Mom to Tom 27

Westminster Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westminster Mortgages