Fireworks? Music? Racing ducks? It's that time again

Jun 15, 2013 Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise 34

This year, organizers are looking to top previous years with the festivities they have in store, from the Amazing Duck Race to the Doll Carriage & Bike Parade to the downtown Block Party that gets bigger and bigger each year.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ray

Fitchburg, MA

#1 Jun 16, 2013
Sounds like a real effort is being made to bring back Civic Days. Sounds like a good time to me.
Quack

Leominster, MA

#2 Jun 16, 2013
What the duck is going on! People having fun in the city. What's next???? Before you know it there will be people laughing and having fun at a car show!!!! Somebody stop the madness.
Quack

Leominster, MA

#3 Jun 17, 2013
This is a good article from the S&E it sounds like alot of fun for Fitchburg. Also it gives canditates opportunities to get out and meet with the people.

I'm especialy looking forward to the antique cars, the police/firemen softball game and of course the fireworks. I plan on taking lots of pictures.
stevie lynchie

Fitchburg, MA

#4 Jun 18, 2013
bring your golf clubs my nephew be there
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#5 Jun 20, 2013
Quack wrote:
This is a good article from the S&E it sounds like alot of fun for Fitchburg. Also it gives canditates opportunities to get out and meet with the people.
I'm especialy looking forward to the antique cars, the police/firemen softball game and of course the fireworks. I plan on taking lots of pictures.
Drugs are being sold all over Fitchburg! Do you care? Senior citizens are being made to be frightened of the increase in gangs; are you going to do something about it?

You and all your ass kisses are funny. Everyone who has a pension from the city or receives a paycheck thinks that everything in Fitchburg is A OK! In your little isolated world!

Hey lets have a photo op with the Sentinel, Mayor Wong and Antonucci! So let me ask, what is the order in this chain of command?
Quack

Leominster, MA

#6 Jun 20, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs are being sold all over Fitchburg! Do you care? Senior citizens are being made to be frightened of the increase in gangs; are you going to do something about it?
You and all your ass kisses are funny. Everyone who has a pension from the city or receives a paycheck thinks that everything in Fitchburg is A OK! In your little isolated world!
Hey lets have a photo op with the Sentinel, Mayor Wong and Antonucci! So let me ask, what is the order in this chain of command?
So let me ask just to be clear, people are having a car show once a week in the summer and you freak out and assault them. But you claim to see gangs and drug dealers everywhere everyday and you run and hide in your basement?
Civil Servant Supporter

Fitchburg, MA

#7 Jun 21, 2013
Lynch, you're nothing but a blowhard. Shut your mouth and get back in your mom's basement.
Really

Gardner, MA

#8 Jun 21, 2013
Lynch wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Lynch

The Boston Globe (Boston, MA) May 18, 1993
Three men accused in the clubbing and spearing death of Andrew S. McDonough last summer pleaded guilty in Suffolk Superior Court yesterday to manslaughter.
Judge Robert Banks ordered Jason D. Clifford, 21, of Dorchester to serve 7 to 15 years, and Kevin Lynch, 23, of South Boston to serve 6 to 15 years in the state prison in Walpole; and Brian Lynch, 20, of South Boston to serve 20 years in the state prison in Concord.
Clifford will be eligible for parole in about five years, Kevin Lynch in about four, and Brian Lynch in about two years.
truth is

Fitchburg, MA

#9 Jun 21, 2013
Civic Days will never be like is was years ago, entertainment on stage in front of City Hall,All kind of food a real good time
Now it is at the upper common just to please the bar there.
Rollstone

Forestdale, MA

#10 Jun 21, 2013
truth is wrote:
Civic Days will never be like is was years ago, entertainment on stage in front of City Hall,All kind of food a real good time
You have it sort of right. Civic Days will never be like it was because, unlike when our parents and grandparents participated, people thinking about attending today have to wonder if they or their loved ones will be attacked by a crazy man with a violent history and a criminal record who objects to car shows, policemen, firemen, marching bands and, well, come to think of it, anything that might be fun. So beware. He might try to assault you with one of his two "Lynch for Mayor" signs.
Hmmmm

Leominster, MA

#11 Jun 21, 2013
truth is wrote:
I think they call it logistics. Is it to please the bar or the residents? Common = Common area for people to gather. City Hall = place to conduct city business.
truth is

Fitchburg, MA

#12 Jun 23, 2013
City hall has been closed for a while
Wickedguy

Gardner, MA

#13 Jun 24, 2013
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>I think they call it logistics. Is it to please the bar or the residents? Common = Common area for people to gather. City Hall = place to conduct city business.
Its been at the upper common for 8 years now. Get a clue.
truth is

Fitchburg, MA

#14 Jun 24, 2013
Wickedguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Its been at the upper common for 8 years now. Get a clue.
The block party started at coolidge park, then was put on in front of City Hall..It was never at the upper common
Rburnit

Kansas City, MO

#15 Jul 13, 2013
truth is wrote:
<quoted text>
The block party started at coolidge park, then was put on in front of City Hall..It was never at the upper common
The Block Party is expanding to the Upper Common. It now stretches from just before Monument Park all the way up to the upper common. For those who made comments about pleasing the bar located up that end of the street, you are sorely mistaken or missinformed. The Civic Days Committee does get excited about local business's in the Block Party area opening their doors and inviting the public in (this includes bars, dentist offices, diners, etc, etc). The idea is to bring people to downtown Fitchburg and show them what we have to offer. That Fitchurg has garnered a reputation that it no longer deserves. This city still has many great things going for it and its time to start show casing the good and getting rid of the bad.
sick of it

Fitchburg, MA

#17 Jul 16, 2013
dont forget the drinking at the upper common bar till 4 in the morning yeah the party continued all night long well after all the people left and the fireworks show was done

oh yeah thats right they work for the city so its ok
Yeah man

Leominster, MA

#18 Jul 16, 2013
sick of it wrote:
dont forget the drinking at the upper common bar till 4 in the morning yeah the party continued all night long well after all the people left and the fireworks show was done
You go girl because people who work for the city should never have fun! Personaly I hope my mechanic wasn't there because I have an oil change scheduled on Friday. When is all of this 'Have fun in the summer time' madness going to stop??? The family was invited to a BBQ in New Hampshire on a lake this weekend so I asked my friend just what will be involved? He said 'well the kids can swim, take a boat ride and at night the adults will sit out and have a drink and socialize'. WTF why would we want to be involved in this debauchary????? Put a stop to it all Lynch!
Renee

Concord, MA

#19 Jul 16, 2013
sick of it wrote:
dont forget the bobble head boys from FSU were also there,but no Jtn
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#20 Jul 16, 2013
Yeah man wrote:
<quoted text>You go girl because people who work for the city should never have fun! Personaly I hope my mechanic wasn't there because I have an oil change scheduled on Friday. When is all of this 'Have fun in the summer time' madness going to stop??? The family was invited to a BBQ in New Hampshire on a lake this weekend so I asked my friend just what will be involved? He said 'well the kids can swim, take a boat ride and at night the adults will sit out and have a drink and socialize'. WTF why would we want to be involved in this debauchary????? Put a stop to it all Lynch!
I don't see any issues at that bar. But if there was marked city vehicles leaving highly intoxicated, or if they were doing what they wanted with total disregard to their neighbors, the general public and a disregard to the law then Yes it should be addressed.

You always mix apples with oranges out here. For one , NO KID SHOULD BE AT A BAR with their parents. If this is the case then I suggest people to make complaints to social services. You seem to think that it is OK to bring kids into a bar room scene.

In Boston when I was 16 I use to buy alcohol and the owner/store counter person was a Boston PD. When I was 16 and enjoying this of course I didn't have issues.

It sounds like you participate in events where ethics rules are being broken and you don't care because you are enjoying benefits from such behaviors!!!! So in other words of course you are not going to complain!

This is the difference between you and I. I will admit the truth you will not.
Lynch

Fitchburg, MA

#21 Jul 16, 2013
Yeah man wrote:
<quoted text>You go girl because people who work for the city should never have fun! Personaly I hope my mechanic wasn't there because I have an oil change scheduled on Friday. When is all of this 'Have fun in the summer time' madness going to stop??? The family was invited to a BBQ in New Hampshire on a lake this weekend so I asked my friend just what will be involved? He said 'well the kids can swim, take a boat ride and at night the adults will sit out and have a drink and socialize'. WTF why would we want to be involved in this debauchary????? Put a stop to it all Lynch!
You always make this example to me. Let me tell you. I NEVER had a problem with car shows, family events nor anything in that realm. I APPROVE of such events as I think they are very good for the community. But you mix apples with oranges. You add in burnouts, Parking in the fire lane WHEN THERE IS NO PERMIT to do so. I say this because you then go into this Permit thing and the FFD using a different exit when such permits are in effect.

You constantly stretch the truth. For one, EVERY citizen in Fitchburg is subject to FINES for burn outs and/or a loss of license and/or criminal violations. Then when they run through city fences they are even held accountable even further.

EVERY resident in Fitchburg pays taxes for road repair, such burnouts tear the pavement up.

You more than others have always mixed apples and oranges when discussing others complaints.

If I was underage and buying alcohol I would know it was illegal process but you would justify it through an example such as a minor being allowed to drink wine at dinner in Italy at the dinner table.

Your little stories are opposite examples and are very obvious! You never make relevant examples!!! This is why we ALL know that you are involved in these situations!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Storm bad, but it could've been worse 1 hr BillyBob 14
Two-alarm fire at Westminster home 14 hr papabear 1
Massachusetts town weighs nation's 1st tobacco ban 17 hr Inquisitive 43
Cities, towns savoring fuel savings 20 hr Tammy 9
Oh Kevin for where art thou? Tue Jtn 5
At least 6-7 inches of snow in Fitchburg by noon Jan 26 Jtn 1
Lynch for Mayor Jan 25 BillyBob 6

Westminster News Video

Westminster Dating
Find my Match