Evangelidis is independent - Sentinel...

Evangelidis is independent - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 40 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Oct 1, 2010, titled Evangelidis is independent - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

So many of my friends and family complain that we don't have enough of our political leaders showing independence and being their own person when it comes to representing the people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Voting for Lew

United States

#21 Oct 4, 2010
Seriously wrote:
We don't ask military retirees to reject their pensions when they RETIRE and get a new job, do we?
These criticisms are necessary from a camp that cannot match qualifications.
So, we can continue a trend of electing attractive, unqualified politicians who tell you what you want to hear, or we can use this GRAND OPPORTUNITY to actually fill a position with the most qualified candidate...
Foley Nov 2
As someone stated earlier, nobody is questioning if it was a retirement pension. This is not, he is getting 72% of his highest three years tax free because he is too disabled to run the State Police, but now he can run the Sheriff's Office, while still being too disabled to run the State Police. If this was a straight Retirement Pension, I wouldn't have an issue, but he left the State Police not able to do a desk job, but now he is cleared to run the Sheriff's Office while still receiving the Disability Pension.
The Facts

AOL

#22 Oct 4, 2010
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO PAY LEW EVANGELIDS 50000.00 FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARE MORE A YEAR THAN TOM FOLEY? HES NOT QUALIFIED FOR THE JOB PERIOD.

Vote for the Qualified candidate. Vote Tom Foley...
Worcester County Voter

Providence, RI

#23 Oct 6, 2010
Its upsetting. There are so many uneducated people out there who are going to vote another politician into a non political office. All you need to do is ask either Lew or Foley, should they win, where they see themselves in 7 years. I'm betting you wont get an answer.
Seriously

Worcester, MA

#24 Oct 7, 2010
When did Foley become a Politician??
The Truth

AOL

#25 Oct 7, 2010
Incitytimesworcester.org , this is scary stuff
AAA

Athol, MA

#26 Oct 7, 2010
Worcester County Voter wrote:
Its upsetting. There are so many uneducated people out there who are going to vote another politician into a non political office. All you need to do is ask either Lew or Foley, should they win, where they see themselves in 7 years. I'm betting you wont get an answer.
this comment makes absolutly no sense.
Clueless voter

Worcester, MA

#27 Oct 7, 2010
If the Foley wins the election he will be making more than the Vice President of the United States!!!

That sounds real good..

Foley is a politician.....he was elected to the governors council. I guess his supporters want to hide that little fact as well.

O brother! This is not just an issue for the county of Worcester. What a joke this state would be if he wins. Foley is the epitome of pension abuse.

I'm voting for Lew Evangelidis!!! and how!!
The Truth

AOL

#28 Oct 7, 2010
Tell us Clueless voter, is "Lew" going to file a lawsuit against the newspaper for calling him a "Coke head"?, by the time it winds its way through the court system it could take years.

Between this and the fact he has zero qualifications for the job, he should just pull the plug.

The I team is on the story now, this is worth watching.

Why would we want to pay "Lew" 50k more a year than Foley? It's crazy to pay "Silly Lew" more.

Clueless voter

Worcester, MA

#29 Oct 7, 2010
The Truth wrote:
Tell us Clueless voter, is "Lew" going to file a lawsuit against the newspaper for calling him a "Coke head"?, by the time it winds its way through the court system it could take years.
Between this and the fact he has zero qualifications for the job, he should just pull the plug.
The I team is on the story now, this is worth watching.
Why would we want to pay "Lew" 50k more a year than Foley? It's crazy to pay "Silly Lew" more.
O brother......The I team? LOL One crazy lady with a crazy opinion....ya, now theres the making of a scandal alright.....

You broke the case!!! you did it!!

Do you realize how ridiculous you sound?

The Truth

AOL

#30 Oct 7, 2010
Time will tell, time will tell...

Lew should be ashamed of himself.

The cream always rises to the top, Vote Tom Foley
Was for Lew

Westminster, MA

#31 Oct 7, 2010
The next time anyone of you see lew look at the size of his pupils, that's a dead giveaway. That's one of the first things I noticed.
Seriously

Worcester, MA

#32 Oct 8, 2010
If we focus on the qualifications, then its Foley.

No one should have to worry about anything else.

Vote Foley... Nov 2
AAA

Athol, MA

#33 Oct 8, 2010
Clueless voter wrote:
If the Foley wins the election he will be making more than the Vice President of the United States!!!
That sounds real good..
Foley is a politician.....he was elected to the governors council. I guess his supporters want to hide that little fact as well.
O brother! This is not just an issue for the county of Worcester. What a joke this state would be if he wins. Foley is the epitome of pension abuse.
I'm voting for Lew Evangelidis!!! and how!!
Foley is not a politician, he never ran for public office. The governors council is an "appointed" position
Huh

United States

#34 Oct 8, 2010
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>Foley is not a politician, he never ran for public office. The governors council is an "appointed" position
Is that why Jen Caisse is running for Governor's Council, I think you are the clueless one on this one.
The Facts

AOL

#35 Oct 8, 2010
Why would we want to pay Evangelidis $50000.00 more per year or $300000.00 for the full term than Foley? It makes no sense, Lew isn't even close to being qualified.

As stated above Lews three spin ideas can't be done or are already being done. He's all spin and no substance, aside from the hits he's taking in the press he's simply not qualified and will be in way, way over his head.
AAA

Athol, MA

#36 Oct 8, 2010
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why Jen Caisse is running for Governor's Council, I think you are the clueless one on this one.
I correct myself on this one, sort off. The governors council only offers advice to the governor in matters such as appointing judges, pardons. They are 2 year terms and Lt. Gov is the Chairman of the council. The point I was trying to make is that Foley is not even close to the politician that Lew is. Lew talks alot but doesn't say anything, now that is a politician.
AAA

Athol, MA

#37 Oct 8, 2010
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>I correct myself on this one, sort off. The governors council only offers advice to the governor in matters such as appointing judges, pardons. They are 2 year terms and Lt. Gov is the Chairman of the council. The point I was trying to make is that Foley is not even close to the politician that Lew is. Lew talks alot but doesn't say anything, now that is a politician.
spelling error : "sort off" should be "sort of"
sorry spelling police, maybe more.
Through the looking glass

South Hadley, MA

#38 Oct 11, 2010
Lew is cannot be an Independent! He is a REPUBLICAN. Nothing wrong with that, but he is clearly not an Independent. If he were, he would be unenrolled.

Lew is playing the field just like Glodis, raising lots of money and spending lots of money. Littering the County with his signs. Some of his bozos are even placing them in on private property without permission... just sticking them where they want.

Lew is endorsed by Scott Brown - R. Scott Brown took a special guest part in a high priced fundraiser for Lew. He has spent more money than any of the Congressional candidates have raised.

Four Republican Sheriffs hosted a fundraiser for Lew. Lew is tied strongly to many other Republicans. Tell me, how is he Independent?

Have you seen his new Campaign Haedquarters? Does it look familiar? It was Scot Bove's!! Another back door deal.

Lew and wheeling and dealing. He need the deals and needs the money because he needs to pay for his seat because if he doesn't get elected, he's out of a job.

He Independent? Not a chance!

Mike from Leominster

Fitchburg, MA

#39 Oct 14, 2010
Through the looking glass wrote:
Lew is cannot be an Independent! He is a REPUBLICAN. Nothing wrong with that, but he is clearly not an Independent. If he were, he would be unenrolled.
Lew is playing the field just like Glodis, raising lots of money and spending lots of money. Littering the County with his signs. Some of his bozos are even placing them in on private property without permission... just sticking them where they want.
Lew is endorsed by Scott Brown - R. Scott Brown took a special guest part in a high priced fundraiser for Lew. He has spent more money than any of the Congressional candidates have raised.
Four Republican Sheriffs hosted a fundraiser for Lew. Lew is tied strongly to many other Republicans. Tell me, how is he Independent?
Have you seen his new Campaign Haedquarters? Does it look familiar? It was Scot Bove's!! Another back door deal.
Lew and wheeling and dealing. He need the deals and needs the money because he needs to pay for his seat because if he doesn't get elected, he's out of a job.
Bingo
The Facts

AOL

#40 Oct 14, 2010
Through the looking glass wrote:
But he's excited! Unqualified, but excited.

What a phonie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Lynch, Big Fat Blowhard 1 hr Debbie 1
News Fitchburg resident publishes novel, children's ... 8 hr Gilda Horgan 10
Kevin Lynch, Cop Hater, Liar and Nut Sun Donny Brocker 11
News Fitchburg police: Officer fired shots after sus... May 25 Tell the Truth Kevin 10
Pathetic Troll Life May 24 Lolajack 67
Beatles For Sale tribute band returns to Gardne... May 24 New England Music... 1
Calling all Kevin Lynch stalkers May 24 Speak Kevin 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westminster Mortgages