Evangelidis is independent - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

So many of my friends and family complain that we don't have enough of our political leaders showing independence and being their own person when it comes to representing the people.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
No politician

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

But he's not qualified, this is not the job for an novice.
No politicians

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

And worse than that, he struck a deal with glodis to keep him on long enough to get a pension. Just another good old boy.
ma voter

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

No politicians wrote:
And worse than that, he struck a deal with glodis to keep him on long enough to get a pension. Just another good old boy.
no way!!!!
Worcester County Voter

Melrose, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2010

Lew is an Independent? When did he leave the REPUBLICAN party? Lew is not a member of the "old Worcester political machine", he is a new member. There is only one Independent candidate that should be endorsed. Keith Nicholas for Worcester County Sheriff. Keep politics out of law enforcement.
Not true

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

Worcester County Voter wrote:
Lew is an Independent? When did he leave the REPUBLICAN party? Lew is not a member of the "old Worcester political machine", he is a new member. There is only one Independent candidate that should be endorsed. Keith Nicholas for Worcester County Sheriff. Keep politics out of law enforcement.
Lew's become all things to all people, a true politician.
Voting for Lew

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

No politicians wrote:
I have asked others who have said this, please provide the article that states Lew is keeping Glodis on staff, I haven't seen it written anywhere. So please provide proof other than "that is the rumor."

As for Glodis' pension, he has already earned it with his time as a State Rep and as Sheriff, he doesn't need to stay on to get it.
all lies

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

hes a lawyer silly, hes not going to write it! Its a done deal time will show this. glodis needs a little over 18 months and glodis will give it to him
all lies

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

lew will give it to him rather
Voting for Lew

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

all lies wrote:
hes a lawyer silly, hes not going to write it! Its a done deal time will show this. glodis needs a little over 18 months and glodis will give it to him
So we are just to believe what you say, nothing in writing, you just know. I have seen you on other posts, you are a Foley supporter, how do we know you are not just saying this to get your man elected, you can't even sign your name to your posts. If you have information that should be shared with the voting public, show your real identity and let us know, otherwise stop spreading rumors to get your man elected.
Mike fom Leominster

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

If he's independent, register as one . . . .
Republican

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

Voting for Lew wrote:
<quoted text>
So we are just to believe what you say, nothing in writing, you just know. I have seen you on other posts, you are a Foley supporter, how do we know you are not just saying this to get your man elected, you can't even sign your name to your posts. If you have information that should be shared with the voting public, show your real identity and let us know, otherwise stop spreading rumors to get your man elected.
Ask Lew in front of witness's if he will keep Glosis, case solved!
Ask Lew

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2010

I would guess that if Evangelidis is the stand up, honest, non politician he proclaims himself to be he should have no problem dispelling this story. If not, "Houston we have a problem".
Voter

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

What a turn off you Foley guys are...

The man has an achilles heal with his disability pension that the tax payers are giving him because he cannot work, yet he is running for Sheriff.

Say what you will about the pension but the facts are the facts.

Now pile on the rumor mongers who are supporting him and there is no way I could in good conscience vote for your guy. You are too much like bullies.

I'm sorry but you guys are ridiculous.
AAA

Athol, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Voter wrote:
What a turn off you Foley guys are...
The man has an achilles heal with his disability pension that the tax payers are giving him because he cannot work, yet he is running for Sheriff.
Say what you will about the pension but the facts are the facts.
Now pile on the rumor mongers who are supporting him and there is no way I could in good conscience vote for your guy. You are too much like bullies.
I'm sorry but you guys are ridiculous.
Foley is the only qualified canidate, period. I can't vote in Worcester County but after 15 years as a CO at the jail I know what its going to take to change that place and that is someone like Foley. I don't know him or Lew or Nichols, but I know the jail. Many of you Lew supportes don't have a clue about the jail. These changes that Lew is proposing will never work or he doesn't have the power to implement them. He's just another canidate telling clueless voters like you what you want to hear. Other than his pension issue, which is totally legal he has the proven background and skills to take that jail to different level. Lew will not in print say he is keeping Glodis nor will he deny it either. If the rumor is false then he should comeout and deny. His silence means there must be some truth to it.
Clueless voter

Worcester, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Lucky for you that you are in New York....Here in MA we are being taxed to death in order to pay too many disablity pensions for people who cannot work!

There are facts......disability pension......and there are rumors....Glodis backs Lew....

Good for Glodis if it is true....Lew Evangelidis is indeed an outstanding candidate.

Thanks for your 30 years of service Mr Foley....but no thanks!

I'm voting for Evangelidis, and suspect the majority of the "clueless" voters are as well.

What is wrong with you? The people who actually vote are not clueless....they are the only ones who are informed. Go cast your vote for the political insiders and the good old boys in NY.

We have enough of them in MA already. We don't need another one.

Clueless voters? I think not. The clueless voters are tired of WORKING two jobs to pay for people who cannot work. I'm voting for Evangelidis!
all lies

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

Clueless voter wrote:
Lucky for you that you are in New York....Here in MA we are being taxed to death in order to pay too many disablity pensions for people who cannot work!
There are facts......disability pension......and there are rumors....Glodis backs Lew....
Good for Glodis if it is true....Lew Evangelidis is indeed an outstanding candidate.
Thanks for your 30 years of service Mr Foley....but no thanks!
I'm voting for Evangelidis, and suspect the majority of the "clueless" voters are as well.
What is wrong with you? The people who actually vote are not clueless....they are the only ones who are informed. Go cast your vote for the political insiders and the good old boys in NY.
We have enough of them in MA already. We don't need another one.
Clueless voters? I think not. The clueless voters are tired of WORKING two jobs to pay for people who cannot work. I'm voting for Evangelidis!
If Foley can ask him if the politician's taking care of Glodis great, if he can't then I will ask during the public question portion.
Switched

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2010

I thought he was a republican, I guess they're a switching now oh well. If he dumped the rep party he can't bee to bad.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

AHHH, I see... "AAA" says........
"Foley is the only qualified canidate, period.", "after 15 years as a CO at the jail I know what its going to take to change that place and that is someone like Foley.", " I don't know him or Lew or Nichols...", " ...telling clueless voters like you what you want to hear." Etc, Etc...
You DO sound like bullies, and it's not suprising that you're C.O.'s...That said...If you have a job, be grateful! The only people who've been heard backing foley, here are Jail/City/P.D. employees... I wonder why we haven't heard one, single JOBLESS person tooting Foley's horn? Oh, Yeah... cause he's not helping any of us! Foley and all his supporters are people who 'have and want more'-he's not doing a damn thing for those of us who 'Have not, but would like something'. Mr. Foley may be a great guy, qualified,..., If he would agree to give up his pension and have ONE salary, I may even see him as a man of honor...If not , then he's just another greedy politician who doesn't care about the rest of us-until the unfortunate day when his world crumbles and he BECOMES one of us. It happens...
Seriously

Northbridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

We don't ask military retirees to reject their pensions when they RETIRE and get a new job, do we?

These criticisms are necessary from a camp that cannot match qualifications.

So, we can continue a trend of electing attractive, unqualified politicians who tell you what you want to hear, or we can use this GRAND OPPORTUNITY to actually fill a position with the most qualified candidate...

Foley Nov 2
Harold

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Go E-Man!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of40
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Westminster News Video

•••
•••

Westminster Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Westminster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE