A look at local sidewalks in blizzard's aftermath

Feb 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

Many sidewalks throughout the region were coated with a slushy mix of snow and ice Tuesday, creating treacherous walking conditions for pedestrians.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mayor Wong

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

I would like to know why Mayor Wong refuses to send a city crew to shovel our sidewalk that they covered with snow? The disrespect from the city is getting a bit much.

FSU has not cleared their sidewalks on Cedar street but as normal the Mayor and her little group of FSU cheerleaders will do nor say anything to the almighty University/Antonucci after all they need the contributions and the edge.
resident

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

I think if the city really gave out those two hundred dollar fines they threaten us with for not clearing snow in front of your property the revenue would crazy. Of course they won't do it because they would have to go after the banks for the fine because every other home is forclosed. Also the city doesn't clear sidewalks that dont have anything to do with downtown or the college.
Enrico Capobianco

Framingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Not many are aware that Benito Mussolini's sudden decline in popularity had nothing to do with losss during WW II and everything with his demand that all sidewalks must be cleared of snow.

Members of the Italian Communist Party hunted him down, executed him and his gal pal after a 6" snowfall.
Don

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Mayor Wong wrote:
I would like to know why Mayor Wong refuses to send a city crew to shovel our sidewalk that they covered with snow? The disrespect from the city is getting a bit much.
FSU has not cleared their sidewalks on Cedar street but as normal the Mayor and her little group of FSU cheerleaders will do nor say anything to the almighty University/Antonucci after all they need the contributions and the edge.
I have two theories.

1. She knows you never leave your moms basement so no big hurry.

2. The city has miles of sidewalks to clean and hydrants to dig out so they will get to yours in do time.

What makes your sidewalk more important than others? There was a blizzard and there is alot of cleanup.
Don

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Dopes like you complain about stupid shit. Would you rather they didn't plow the snow off the street? How then would you be able to go to the store and get your Doritos and Ding Dongs with your welfare check?
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

resident wrote:
I think if the city really gave out those two hundred dollar fines they threaten us with for not clearing snow in front of your property the revenue would crazy. Of course they won't do it because they would have to go after the banks for the fine because every other home is forclosed. Also the city doesn't clear sidewalks that dont have anything to do with downtown or the college.
I think if you weren't a member of the city/good ole boy network then things would get done in Fitchburg.

Once again the citizens are disrespected and disregarded. They implemented fines against Fitchburg citizens but again they have displayed their double standard.

We cleared our sidewalks only to have the city plow snow filling the entire cleared sidewalk. This wasnot necessary!

Maybe they should fine you for having your plow truck that plowed a mountain onto city property but I forgot you are exempt and you only bitch about others who do not have that trump card!

Yesterday,a gas pipe broke and then a water main while fixing it. This isn't the problem as this happens but what is a problem is that the city plowed a mountain onto the sidewalk at 49 Cedar street which I shoveled and left it there.

Then look over at the Cedar house belonging to FSU, an entire city block where the sidewalks have not been cleared! The storm was Friday as it is now Wednesday!

I know that Antonucci donates to Wong's campaign but he shouldn't get exemptions from the city. When Mayor Wong shut the lights off, Antonucci who is also on the board of trustees at Unitil told her to put them back on in the University neighborhood which she did.

Why is the University respected by the Mayor more than the citizens of Fitchburg who she ignores??

The University is a guest! Mayor Wong totally ignores the citizens concerns while she pampers to the University's request.Usually the local newspaper takes up these issues but they are in the Mayors campaign camp.

This sort of favoritisms happened in Boston. Then Mayor White gave multiple city properties to BU for free. Wasn't it ironic that after his Mayor tenure finished he was employed by BU and put on their board of trustees!!!

The citizens of the 5th ward are being ignored and disrespected by the Mayor and FSU. The Mayor began her favoritisms as she was behind the housing projects for FSU and she promoted the overlay for the purpose of this housing which exempted them from complying to the building laws that citizens have to abide by.

Where does this double standard end?
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Don wrote:
Dopes like you complain about stupid shit. Would you rather they didn't plow the snow off the street? How then would you be able to go to the store and get your Doritos and Ding Dongs with your welfare check?
Are you on the city payroll?? As long as she takes care of your benefits and salary,right? As long as she takes care of your generous pension, right? I wonder how many employees get raises a year or two before their retirements?

It is people like me that get things done! Yes, I will complain when the Mayor respects and exempts FSU while disrespecting and ignoring the citizens of Fitchburg! You are just an ass kisser.

If the Telegram's headquarters were in Fitchburg then Fitchburg would be a better community but unfortunately we have the Sentinel! The Sentinel is a campaign bulletin for Mayor Wong. When this happens then no one is held accountable in the local government.

Yes, there needs to be massive changes in Fitchburg in order forus to be able to begin to build a sense of community. We are fighting against a"goodole boy network, the Sentinel, local government and the like.

Mayor Wong counts on citizens staying home on election day. Unfortunately the majority of citizens in Fitchburg do not vote. This is evident as the Mayor was happy with the fact that 11% did showup when she got elected. When this changes then democracy will follow and the citizens rights will be respected.
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Don wrote:
Hey hero, the city council didn't think the issue was "stupid shit" when they just took two sessions discussing the implementation of new fines towards citizens who throw snow in the street or who do not clear their walks.

I understand that the good ole boy network is deep seeded within local government. We, the CITIZENS, read their comments in the Sentinel complaining about the citizens in Fitchburg whodonot clear their walks or whodo not abide by the forced new trash laws.

It is not stupid when the focus is against the CITIZEN? Lights off for the citizens of Fitchburg but lights on for FSU at the costs directed toward the Fitchburg citizens??? This is usually called insult to injury!!!

The City of Fitchburg belongs to EVERY Fitchburg citizen!!! Laws are not to be passed that favor financial interests of FSU! Such as the overlay!
resident

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

Down with wong and down with obama their dumbass ideas give me head trauma
yeah

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

resident wrote:
Down with wong and down with obama their dumbass ideas give me head trauma
Good, mission accomplished!
GDB

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Lynch for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hero, the city council didn't think the issue was "stupid shit" when they just took two sessions discussing the implementation of new fines towards citizens who throw snow in the street or who do not clear their walks.
I understand that the good ole boy network is deep seeded within local government. We, the CITIZENS, read their comments in the Sentinel complaining about the citizens in Fitchburg whodonot clear their walks or whodo not abide by the forced new trash laws.
It is not stupid when the focus is against the CITIZEN? Lights off for the citizens of Fitchburg but lights on for FSU at the costs directed toward the Fitchburg citizens??? This is usually called insult to injury!!!
The City of Fitchburg belongs to EVERY Fitchburg citizen!!! Laws are not to be passed that favor financial interests of FSU! Such as the overlay!
The city charter says YOU have to clear the sidewalks in front of your property. So get your fat a$$ off the couch for a change and get out an shovel! And while you're at it, shovel all your elderly neighbors sidewalks too! You're young, and completely able to do so. God knows you've got all day every day to sit and complain but you never do anything. Actions speak louder than words.
resident

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

I shovel my walk way and my area only to have the plow push it back in and I shovel it again. I also work the whole. Weekend plowing my work place and I got it all done bu sunday. There plenty of st that still isn't taken care off...you don't know me and assume BS...get off ur high horse..I'm a taxpayer who paid my dues.."those who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stone"
Say what

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

resident wrote:
I shovel my walk way and my area only to have the plow push it back in and I shovel it again. I also work the whole. Weekend plowing my work place and I got it all done bu sunday. There plenty of st that still isn't taken care off...you don't know me and assume BS...get off ur high horse..I'm a taxpayer who paid my dues.."those who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stone"
I'm sorry the education system failed you but the world needs ditch diggers too!
resident

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Haha I work, paid my bills and taxes and don't need any gov. Assistant..sorry something like hard work is foreign to you. thank you for showing your ignorances and evidence why the government is screwed. "I have never let schooling interfere with my education" - mark twain
chuck norris

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

I can shovel snow by scaring it off the walkways....snow is smarter then to f!@# with chuck norris
Say what

Leominster, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

I'm not trying to spite you, it's all in good fun. Believe me when I say I know hard work and I wouldn't be on here if my leg wasn't broken.
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

GDB wrote:
<quoted text>
The city charter says YOU have to clear the sidewalks in front of your property. So get your fat a$$ off the couch for a change and get out an shovel! And while you're at it, shovel all your elderly neighbors sidewalks too! You're young, and completely able to do so. God knows you've got all day every day to sit and complain but you never do anything. Actions speak louder than words.
So,let me ask who owns 83 Highland? What about 173 Highland? 83 plowed all the snow into the middle of the street. 173 didn't shovel at all.

Now lets take alook on Lunenburg street!!!!! The 82 year old Fitchburg resident is fined $200 but Dippin Donuts on Lunenburg snubbed its nose! River Bros snubbed their nose, Walgreens snubbed their nose and the foreign car place that blew up snubbed their nose at the city!!!!

Their are many businesses on Lunenburg that shoveled their walks but a select few did not,WHY??? And to add to the insult to injury I just passed a handicapped elderly woman walking into Lunenburg street due to RiverBros snow packed sidewalks!!!!!

In order for this new fine to work I think that these officers are going to have to not look at who owns the business or property.

Now lets venture down to Main street;Oh LOOK there is Moran Square diner/auto shop. I am walking across from Summer street and I have to walk with the traffic as Morans sidewalk is piled with snow!

I just hope all that snow is melted so all the politicians can place their sign on that corner!!! So Mayor Wong,next time you pose for a photo opat the diner can you ask them to abide by the new city bylaws???

And Scott Brown, can you ask Moran Diner the same thing along with Marcus Dinatale when you are campaining at the diner?

What do Scott Brown, Mayor Wong and Marcus Dinatale have in common?? All are Republicans !!! Nothing wrong with being republican, just saying!
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

GDB wrote:
<quoted text>
So,let me get this right. If I know someone in the city I can plow my driveway onto a city street and sidewalk???? Is that against the city bylaws (placing snow in the street)? Or does it just apply to the old lady with the bent shovel??

I can now understand why all the city council and Mayor do is propose and pass fines on the average citizens while they assist wealthy outside interests. It is a discouraging campaign, depress the moral of the community so they give up and don't vote! Hey,it is working, right!?

I now, everyone will say,"exempt the owner of the profittable insured business that blew upon Lunenburg as the elderly disabled lady will just have to temp fat while she walks in the middle of the street.
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

GDB wrote:
<quoted text>
So,let me get this right. If I know someone in the city I can plow my driveway onto a city street and sidewalk???? Is that against the city bylaws (placing snow in the street)? Or does it just apply to the old lady with the bent shovel??

I can now understand why all the city council and Mayor do is propose and pass fines on the average citizens while they assist wealthy outside interests. It is a discouraging campaign, depress the moral of the community so they give up and don't vote! Hey,it is working, right!?

I now, everyone will say,"exempt the owner of the profittable insured business that blew up on Lunenburg st; as the elderly disabled lady will just have to temp fate while she walks in the middle of the street.
Lynch for Mayor

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

Don wrote:
<quoted text>I have two theories.
1. She knows you never leave your moms basement so no big hurry.
2. The city has miles of sidewalks to clean and hydrants to dig out so they will get to yours in do time.
What makes your sidewalk more important than others? There was a blizzard and there is alot of cleanup.
Don,you will be happy to know that I shoveled the city's dumping of snow on my cleared sidewalk. Even better,you will be happy that I almost had a heart attack doing so. Yes, the rapid gush of sweat ran down my clamy white face as I got dizzy. You almost got rid of me!!

Still standing though no such luck! Well I hope your leg gets better, injured on the job?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Westminster News Video

•••
Westminster Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Westminster Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••