Westminster selectmen OK proposed rail layover station - Sentin...

There are 24 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Apr 27, 2010, titled Westminster selectmen OK proposed rail layover station - Sentin.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

After some heated discussion, selectmen Monday night approved in a non-binding vote to support a proposed commuter rail layover station facility at Westminster Business Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Apr 09

Leominster, MA

#26 May 2, 2010
The freight railroad (PanAm) who runs on the Fitchburg line is well known for their "we don't want your business"
attitude.
Gardner Guy

Gardner, MA

#27 May 3, 2010
Rumor has it that the WEST people are secretly working on a plan to have a railroad tunnel constructed so the trains can go under the town.

Since: Apr 09

Leominster, MA

#28 May 3, 2010
Gardner Guy wrote:
Rumor has it that the WEST people are secretly working on a plan to have a railroad tunnel constructed so the trains can go under the town.
When the new Old Colony line was built, the residents of Hingham forced the State to build a tunnel under downtown Hingham, and NO stops downtown. Now the residents are
upset due to nobody patronizing the downtown from the commuter rail line. I recall the tunnel added $150 million to the projects cost....
SpatOnByWestmins ter

Gardner, MA

#29 Sep 27, 2012
As an abutter, I just have to thank the town, the board of selectmen and all everyone who supported this for completely destroying my property value. My family purchased this land and built our home BEFORE THE ZONING was put into effect. Since then, between the Westminster Industrial Park a.k.a. sandpit and this layover project, the land has become less enjoyable and the value has gone into the toilet. More traffic, noise, dust and fumes than you'd ever imagine, and the layover station hasn't even started yet. Thanks for the big middle finger everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News At Fitchburg State, a dream with every diploma Wed Tammy 2
News Here to report on the good and the bad Wed Devils Advocate 2
Lynch Fest 2015 May 19 BillyBob 14
Tsarnaev verdict May 18 Jim 4
Review: Fitchburg Tattoo Co (Apr '10) May 17 Jess 28
News State social workers say caseloads are worsening May 16 DCF are Monsters 38
DaVi Nails?? May 16 Elle 1
More from around the web

Westminster People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]