Westminster selectmen cut public comment - Sentinel & Enterprise

Full story: Sentinel & Enterprise

The Board of Selectmen has discontinued the public comment period at the beginning of its meetings, after just a short stint in practice.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Waino

Fitchburg, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Mr. Flanagan is correct regarding public comment. Citizens shouldn't be muzzled when it comes to their government. After all, it's their money that runs the government. Apprarently the other selectmen can't control the meetings and can't stand the heat. If that's the case, give it up!!
Toivo

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

Waino, Uff Da!
Westminster resident

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

I am all for folks having their say. However, Mr. Barry and others have been so disrespectful to the board that I don't blame them for putting an end to it. Mr. Barry's fowl mouth has ruined it for everyone. It isn't a matter of not being able to take the heat or control the meeting. Watch the tape. Mr. Fairbanks should have asked Chief Albert to come and bring his side arm.
Westminster Veteran

Gardner, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

You can control Mr. Barry with offers of free beer. Any local folks know that.
See It All Before

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2011

This is a shame that one person dictates what the Selectmen do. The resolution is very easy, keep any person that has a habit of misbehaving on a very short leash. As soon as they start to erupt, then end the conversation. If they still go at it, take a recess. Then ban them from speaking at the meeting for X amount of time until they behave. They will get the picture. Don't have one person destroy something as beneficial as this. I know that this works.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Westminster News Video

•••
Westminster Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Westminster Jobs

•••
•••
•••