`Holly' details Cambodia sex trade

In March 2002, Guy Jacobson, on vacation near Phnom Penh, Cambodia, was surrounded by 15 girls, aggressively soliciting him for prostitution. Read more
david k

San Ramon, CA

#1 May 31, 2008
horrifying as this story is...this film is neither timely nor accurate. the infamous Sway Pak was shut down years ago...Indeed, the US govt's has put a great deal of pressure on the Cambodian gov't to "do something" about the brothels, so legitimate brothels have been shut down, forcing the women onto the streets where they are not safe. Inside most brothels the women are-shocking!-free to come & go as they please and condom use is almost 100%. Back on the streets, they are prey to gang rape, customers who refuse to use a condom, or even pay. Cambodia is changing -fast- and the 5 year olds asking for yum yum was 7 plus years ago. Unfortunately MSNBC keeps recycling old footage from that time as -shocking!- sensational stories make money. i am sure the film means well, but it only paints Cambodia the way it was a decade ago when most we're starving, the roads of the Phnom Penh were dirt & rubble and the rest of the world did not care. Cambodia today is a much better place than this film portrays.
Austin

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

#2 Jun 9, 2008
It is rather unfortunate for people to be thinking that Cambodia was still as it was 5 years ago, there is a considerable improvement, I have been in Cambodia for 10 years , the development I have witness in both human and physical development are very encouraging.

Let us keep on supporting Cambodia government, yes there is still a lot to be done but there definitely in the right direction
LosAngelesGuy

Fontana, CA

#3 Aug 19, 2008
It should very simply be a death penalty. If you are proven to be a "pimp", or an abductor of
these children, it should be death. If you are a child abuser, it should be life imprisonment, and
a seizure of all of your assets. The penalties are far, far too light for this kind of scum.
LosAngelesGuy

Fontana, CA

#4 Aug 19, 2008
david k,

What is your agenda? Are you a shill for pimps?
Are you planning on visiting Cambodia yourself for some kind of reason? If you think this problem has disappeared because of some police effort, you are out of your tree. However, I don't believe you believe that. "The girls in the brothels are free to come and go as they please". How do you know this, david?
hmmm.......
Florencia

Villa Urquiza, Argentina

#6 Apr 29, 2010
Donde puedo descargar o ver la pelicula 'Holly'?, les agradeceria mucho si me respondieran ya que la eh buscado por todos lados y no la pude encontrar :S
Reap

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Apr 30, 2010
They are there, but not as bad, Slow steady progress, as long as there are expats playing their Red Piano and looking the other way this issue will be a slow road. Shame on the so called respected ex pats that condone thesr gentelmen while they play their Red Piano .......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westminster Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Santa Ana cops finally arrest 12 gang members (Feb '08) 17 hr Army Vet 728
News 3 Long Beach women, Cerritos man arrested, susp... 17 hr Cal 3
Sherilynn Thompson Fri Scottsman 1
Buena Park national Fri Inside 4
New Years Resolutions Fri Levy Athon 2
News Father of missing Vallejo woman pleads, 'Please... Thu stinking drunk 15
News 5 arrests in Westminster shooting, stabbing (Aug '07) Mar 15 apache 19

Beach Hazards Statement for Orange County was issued at March 28 at 2:25AM PDT

Westminster Dating
Find my Match