Motorcyclist killed in collision on M...

Motorcyclist killed in collision on Michigan Avenue in Ypsilanti Township

There are 31 comments on the Ann Arbor.com story from Jun 25, 2010, titled Motorcyclist killed in collision on Michigan Avenue in Ypsilanti Township. In it, Ann Arbor.com reports that:

A motorcyclist was killed tonight when a driver who apparently didn't see him turned her vehicle into the path of his motorcycle on Michigan Avenue in Ypsilanti Township , the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Department said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Ann Arbor.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Government Foe

Royal Oak, MI

#21 Jul 9, 2010
anonymous wrote:
Please don't post anymore comments on here because you are highly upsetting me and my family members.
Then you and your family members shouldn't be on this forum until you have absorbed your loss, rid of your anger and resort back to logic.
Government Foe

Royal Oak, MI

#22 Jul 9, 2010
anonymous wrote:
I want to read these comments for my own knowledge and it's something I'm allowed to do. I like to see the nice comments people put on here about my dad and our family. No one will tell me that I should get off the internet and grieve in another way. How dare you. I'm not grieving on here, I'm stating the facts like they should be and not making idiotic comments. I told you to not comment on here anymore, and if you are going to, direct it towards someone else. No one wants to read your nonsense about how pipes annoy you. I loved the sound of my dads motorcycle and the stuff you are posting is appaling to me. Don't comment again.
Unless you were with your dad, you have no idea of the facts. Those who may have witnessed the accident harbor more factual accounts than you would.

Again, step away and mourn if you must, but you have no right to tell another what to type anymore than they do telling you. You are on a public forum and these are the consequences of being public. Deal with it or stay off. It is that simple.
Government Foe

Royal Oak, MI

#23 Jul 9, 2010
Prilosec wrote:
wltg,
As a friend of the family and knowing them for quite some time, I assure you, he took all the necessary precautions while riding and almost positive he didn't have an illegal aftermarket "pipe" on his bike.
If the exhaust was louder than stock, it was illegal. The reason for aftermarket pipes fall in two categories....aesthetics or loudness, that's why riders buy them.
Prilosec wrote:
Over half of motorcycle related injuries and death aren't caused by the rider, but rather by the carelessness of the person operating another vehicle.
I suggest you recheck your stats as that is inaccurate. In no way am I indicating he was at fault, but those are inaccurate stats.
Prilosec wrote:
I'm in no way attacking you, but everything points to this being the fault of the driver in the vehicle. And no thanks to her carelessness, this man left behind 3 beautiful daughters, 1 of whom just graduated and a beautiful and caring wife. In no way do I agree she should rot in prison, but she should be punished someway or another for what she has done to the motorcyclists family.
I agree with you there.
Government Foe

Royal Oak, MI

#24 Jul 9, 2010
Government Foe wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever heard a BMW? I can hear a mouse before the BMW. Therefore, yes, there are very quite motorcycles and BMW is just one brand.
That should read "quiet", not "quite"
brandy

Belleville, MI

#25 Jul 11, 2010
wltg wrote:
pot meet kettle.
you are here to fight.
there are no posts about your father or family.
you are telling me not to comment because you have now made it YOUR domain. Just like a loud harley should be heard by others and that you like the SOUND and so should everyone else.
you want to read the posts for knowledge but refuse to acknowledge my posts about accidents and motorcycles. you are not searching for anything here. you are just here to bitch. look at the posts. i think you could find a better venue.
Take your own advice and don't comment or don't read. It is your choice.
I think you should leave her alone it does not matter what you think about her she loves her dad and some of you people are just rude and idiots her dad died does no one have respect anymore or better yet a heart
brandy

Belleville, MI

#26 Jul 11, 2010
everyone keeps talking about the bike the loudness how if it's not stock pipes it's illegal a man died here do people not care about a human life anymore
brandy

Belleville, MI

#27 Jul 11, 2010
I'm so sorry about your dad,husband,friend,brother my husband saw the accident and still he can not get him outta his head. I'm just really sorry
Government Foe

Royal Oak, MI

#28 Jul 11, 2010
brandy wrote:
everyone keeps talking about the bike the loudness how if it's not stock pipes it's illegal a man died here do people not care about a human life anymore
Proper punctuation will assist in understanding where one sentence ends and the other begins. You do understand how to do so?
harleymagnum

Portland, OR

#29 May 2, 2011
Prilosec wrote:
wltg,
As a friend of the family and knowing them for quite some time, I assure you, he took all the necessary precautions while riding and almost positive he didn't have an illegal aftermarket "pipe" on his bike. Over half of motorcycle related injuries and death aren't caused by the rider, but rather by the carelessness of the person operating another vehicle. The police reports state that the driver was heading north bound on Rawsonville, pulling into a mobile home while he was heading west bound on Michigan Avenue. At that intersection there are two stop signs, none of which would make the flow of traffic going east or west bound on Michigan Avenue, stop. The signs are placed North and South on Rawsonville, and when the driver see's both sides are clear, they are then allowed to proceed.
Since you claim you are older, I'm sure you've been driving for quite some time. The motorcyclist obviously had the right of way. The driver just didn't take the necessary steps to properly stop at the stop sign and proceed. Instead she blew past it, hitting him and killing him.
I'm in no way attacking you, but everything points to this being the fault of the driver in the vehicle. And no thanks to her carelessness, this man left behind 3 beautiful daughters, 1 of whom just graduated and a beautiful and caring wife. In no way do I agree she should rot in prison, but she should be punished someway or another for what she has done to the motorcyclists family.
Is she 47 years old and is blonde and has a Road King Classic? If so, can you email me at [email protected] thanks
anonymous Barb

London, KY

#30 Jun 11, 2012
anonymous wrote:
If you are 2 feet from a running motorcycle, are you telling me that you might not hear it? Bullshit. I know she wasn't deaf because the cops had a conversation with her that didn't involve sign language. This is a devastating accident that should have never happened. I never said it was on purpose and I never would, but I will say that she should have checked both sides of the street in a better way and that she should have her ears wide open when she's driving, as should anyone. And I am not the anonymous that said she should do life in prison. If you would have been paying attention to the cities listed below "anonymous" you wouldn't have made that comment to me. I have a ton of anger right towards the person that did this, and right now I can't forgive, or even come close to having one bit of sympathy for that woman. That motorcyclist was MY DAD and I think if you are going to comment, and this is to anyone who comments, you should be more careful about the ignorant statements you are making, because family members do see this, and it just hurts even more.
It is possible not to hear it if you have your windows up and air and radio on.
sorry for your loss

Jackson, KY

#31 Jul 5, 2012
hey iam herein ky.i hate to read about your lost. may god bless your family.another brother in the wind cus of a cell phone or some dumb driver not watching.my prayers are with you.and the dumb a$$es that is taking up for her pay them no mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Redford Police (Jan '08) 4 hr Mucher 215
Suburban Cadillac Chevrolet are "yo yo" loans 23 hr Screwed once 1
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Aug 21 WATCHING LIVONIA 16
Jim, Phyllis, Linda, Janet Barnes Aug 20 Amanda Amos Krana... 1
News Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Aug 17 John Buck 128
News Carjacker of grandmothers at Detroit casino sen... (Jan '16) Aug 15 Hank 2
smart move on the part of livonias brandon kri... Aug 8 WATCHING LIVONIA 1

Westland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westland Mortgages