party boy

Dearborn, MI

#21 Feb 6, 2010
Does anyone know Rob Richmond .
Mike

Las Vegas, NV

#22 Nov 17, 2010
Renee wrote:
Looking for Monroe class of 70-71. Does anyone remember Mrs. Peterson (6th Grade) and Mr. Nelms (6th Grade) first names? Trying to locate students from this class for a get together?
I remember both of those teachers. I belive Mr. Nelms first name was James. He taught 6th grade math, probably the most passoniate and professional teacher I have ever had. I graduated Monroe in 1975
observer

Plymouth, MI

#23 Jan 5, 2011
Was that the school, packed with more asbestos than the wtc combined? I guess they weaseled out 1000s of mesothelioma lawsuits, by destroying environmental samples, of the facility's asbestos content.
mary jodsaas henderson

Cleveland, OH

#24 Jan 6, 2011
I was not in your class, but I do remember Mr Nelms!! He was also the safety squad instructor! lol
linda novack

Topeka, KS

#25 Apr 17, 2011
mrs. goldfield was my favorite teacher in 1968
marcus commnader

Lincoln, NE

#26 May 3, 2011
I remember kicking the kick balls on the roof and the janitor.( mr knight ) I think that was his name was always livid going up to get them..
did anybody have Mr.Adams as a teacher.
Crystal

Romulus, MI

#27 Sep 17, 2011
When did you go to Monroe?
donald willis

United States

#29 Nov 9, 2011
party boy wrote:
The school was on biddle st my grandparents still live across the street from the north west in front of the flag post. They had the big black dog that the kids ran from lol old times man I use to swing off the old flag post..
i rember that dog lol
donald willis

United States

#30 Nov 9, 2011
i had a iq test done thare when i was in about the 4 grade i was trying to see if i could find anny info on it anny one rember ms more,
donald willis

United States

#31 Nov 9, 2011
observer wrote:
Was that the school, packed with more asbestos than the wtc combined? I guess they weaseled out 1000s of mesothelioma lawsuits, by destroying environmental samples, of the facility's asbestos content.
i belive it
Oldiebutgoodie

Madison, AL

#32 Nov 9, 2011
Check out the Wayne Historical Society for pictures of your old school. I'm sure you can find their number on the web. It might cost you a couple of dollars for pictures, but I bet they have them. Good luck.

I loved growing up in Wayne in the 50s and 60s and buying my first house there in 1980. Too bad the schools have been overrun with people who don't value an education.
Lori Jackson

Dearborn, MI

#33 Feb 25, 2012
I don't know how I stumbled onto this site but glad I did. Mr. Nelms...lol. 6th grade math. I remember Miss Maloney as my first grade teacher, with the mayo jars full of water and food coloring in the window. Mrs. Woodruff, I remember her as the prettiest teacher ever. I actually remember my walk on the first day of school...We actually were able to walk to school as a 5-year old back in the day. Good memories.
Andrew

Plymouth, MI

#34 Mar 24, 2013
same here wrote:
<quoted text>
not sure why they tore it down
hey anyone remember Mike Dickey? he was the weirdest kid I could ever remember think he moved away
They closed Monroe at the end of the 1994-95 school year, as part of their re-organization. They moved 9th grade back to the HS's that following school year too. The building was then used by the Wayne Police Department for training K9's. In 2003 the school district wanted to re-open it, but the police department never cleaned up after the dogs, so the only thing they could do was tear it down. They sold the land off to developers, who built houses. Such a sad ending to a great place.
Sue

Westland, MI

#35 Apr 19, 2013
Hey Todd. I went there too I would like to see those year books one day. What years did you go there?
Jeff

Phoenix, AZ

#36 Jun 30, 2013
gsmarlborough wrote:
I also grew up in Wayne and attended Monroe Elementary School. I also believe the school is no longer there. I tried finding the school last week to no avail. I do not have any old pictures, etc. If I did I would make copies for you. If you get any, please let me know.
I also went Monroe from 1963 to 1971 looking for a girl from my class her name was Judy Brown. Dont have any pictures either same here if any body has a pics or knew Judy let me know
Jeff

Phoenix, AZ

#37 Jun 30, 2013
I also went to Monroe between 1963 to 1971 been yrying to find a Judy Brown who I went to school with. do not have any pics either. Would like some help.
Jeff

Phoenix, AZ

#38 Jun 30, 2013
Mike wrote:
<quoted text> I remember both of those teachers. I belive Mr. Nelms first name was James. He taught 6th grade math, probably the most passoniate and professional teacher I have ever had. I graduated Monroe in 1975
Yes I do my name is Jeff Huesing been looking for classmates as well
Jeff

Phoenix, AZ

#39 Jun 30, 2013
linda novack wrote:
mrs. goldfield was my favorite teacher in 1968
Hi Linda this is Jeff Huesing. Do you remember Tim Couch and Bill cruise
JRS

Lansing, MI

#40 Aug 7, 2013
Jon Banks wrote:
I graduated from Monroe Elementary School. Well I was wondering if anybody remembers the address or street the school was on?
It was on Biddle Street
Bruce

Kalamazoo, MI

#41 Aug 15, 2013
I visited Monro a couple years before they tore down and I shot some video of my trip inside and out. If anybody wants a copy just let me know.

[email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Thu watching livonia 127
Corruption in Taylor Mi. Tue ray 25
Any Livonia old-timers out there (May '10) Apr 29 old timer 44
gay girl named MP Apr 26 cloudz 1
does anyone know leonard todek (May '09) Apr 23 Linda Linda 9
News Stinko De Mayo Reunites Former Members of Seduce (Jun '07) Apr 12 Mark lover 203
To the NIGTARD WHO HAD THE ACCIDENT WITH MY DAU... Apr 12 Anonymous 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westland Mortgages