Westland teen found guilty in spring break accident

Full story: Hometown Life

Westland teen and Livonia Franklin High graduate Jeremy Peer was convicted Wednesday afternoon of driving off a Florida road, killing a 33-year-old woman, injuring her husband and leaving the scene.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,352
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Kristina

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 26, 2006
 
Colleen was a wonderful person who will be remembered always. I just don't know how Mr. Peers can live with himself knowing How he ruined so many lives. Yet his continues to go on. The fact that he denies everything is besides me. I just hope when he is in jail he is haunted by all of this for the rest of his life.
Joe

University Center, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Oct 26, 2006
 
Jeremy was a 4.3 student probably the smartest kid i know and yes he did take a life but he didnt do it on purpose. I think it is wrong of you to say that you hope he is haunted. I truely believe that Jeremy was not drinking. He made a huge mistake and this is something he will live with forever. I'm sure Colleen will be in your hearts forever every but remember Jeremy you will always be in our hearts we will always be here for you
ALJ

Niceville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Oct 26, 2006
 

Judged:

2

If he is so smart why did he leave the scene? He killed someone and now he has to pay the price !
THE END
annonymous

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Oct 27, 2006
 

Judged:

1

I find it interesting that the cops who showed up at the scence said they had no reason to believe that he was drinking...I find it interesting that a car ten car lengths behind him says he could see the front of his car, but the damage to the car was a side mirror and small dent in the side panel, nothing to do with the hood...I find it interesting that the husband testified that they were squatting on the side of the road, looking at something on the street...I also find it interesting that Jeremey's grandfather was killed Christmas day by a driver who crossed the center line and hit him head on ACCIDENTLY...and the fact that yes it hurts to loose someone, but accidents do happen. Now only Jeremey will know if he actually saw them or not, and he will live with that, but why ruin 3 lives? Yes, he deserves to be punished, but 15 years for an accident seems harsh to me. I hope the family can learn a lesson from the Amish families in Pennsylvania...who forgave a man who maliciously killed their children and took his own life before justice could be served...I hope they can find it in their hearts to forgive Jeremy.
Annonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Oct 28, 2006
 

Judged:

1

First of all... The Martins were from Florida and familiar with the roads there. They where also "not" squatting on the side of the road. They where doing what the law states pedestrians where suppose to do and that is proceding cautiously on the designated sidewalk.
Jeremy Peer may have had an accident on that evening, Granted! However it was an accident which spawned out of his own actions.
He was convicted for breaking the law. He could have known and should have known that he hit someone or something.
As a license driver in all states it is YOUR responsibility to stop and survey for damage and to see what it was you hit.
The facts pointed to a damage vehicle. Glass sprayed on peers jacket which he hid or attemped to throw out.
The lengh was FOUR car length and not 10.
The husband did NOT testify that they were squatting.
He was tried in the court of law and was found guilty by special jury from outside the state.
He was crossed examined and found to be lying again under oath.
The legal system does this for a living. You cannot lie to investigators, attorneys, judges, who have years of experience and hear the truth and lies day in and out and expect to get away with it.
The bottom line is that his conviction was out of the Martins hands and was a direct result of all of Mr Peers actions, before, during and after the accident.
If he indeed lied then that is between he and god. As for forgiveness... It is not our place to speculate as you have.
annonymous in MICHIGAN

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Oct 28, 2006
 
Can anyone speak of Jeremy's demeanor in court? Can anyone out there say what was attmited as evidence in court so this ten car lenghts versus 4 car lengths won't continue? Just the facts? Is there any question it was him? Does he answer why he left the scene? And I would love to know if Jeremy acts at all as if he's sorry? Does anyone know his heart? And if you think it's just the Martin and Peer family, you are so wrong. There are many more vitims here. Nobody wins. Mercy on us all. Gods Mercy on us all.
Angry

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Oct 29, 2006
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If he was lying under oath then why hasn't he been charged with perjury? Also, how much time will he propably get. The fact he killed someone should be weighed heavily but I fear that fact he is an athlete as well as the fact he would be far away from him family will weigh in the sentencing.
annonymous also

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Oct 29, 2006
 

Judged:

1

Character makes the man.......on and off the football field. A leader does not run and hide.I find it interesting if you "google" his name what comes up for his myspace name and if you have access to myspace what an arroggant, party person he seems, a typical 19 year old carefree , who doesn't seem to understand about accountability for his actions. Why do high school seniors go to Florida unchaperoned for spring break? PARTY!! He can get a free college education in prison and even get his law degree there. I don't know if his sentence will be long enough for that ....I don't think this has been a wake up call him or to any of his friends.I hope there will be some peace for the Martin family and there friends who grieve with them .
annonymous in MICHIGAN

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Oct 29, 2006
 

Judged:

1

Angry wrote:
If he was lying under oath then why hasn't he been charged with perjury? Also, how much time will he propably get. The fact he killed someone should be weighed heavily but I fear that fact he is an athlete as well as the fact he would be far away from him family will weigh in the sentencing.
Did he take the wittness stand? I just came home from Mass. I prayed SO hard for all. As a parent it breaks my heart. But no one says if Colleen was a parent or about her parents.
ticked off parent

New London, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Oct 29, 2006
 

Judged:

1

Wether or not he was or was not drinking. He was driving a vehicle, hit 2 people, killed one and critically injured another then left the scene of the accident to go and hide in his hotel room where another young man was almost arrested for what he had done. The courts have decided his fate. Maybe if he had stuck around , admitted to what had happened and tried everything in his power to show his remorse in what had happened a different ending would have come about. I believe that more people than just Jeremy should have stood up to make the right decision, which starts at parents, counselors, teachers, relatives and friends. Trying to make this right now is alsmost impossible.
annonymous also

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Oct 29, 2006
 

Judged:

1

ticked off parent wrote:
Wether or not he was or was not drinking. He was driving a vehicle, hit 2 people, killed one and critically injured another then left the scene of the accident to go and hide in his hotel room where another young man was almost arrested for what he had done. The courts have decided his fate. Maybe if he had stuck around , admitted to what had happened and tried everything in his power to show his remorse in what had happened a different ending would have come about. I believe that more people than just Jeremy should have stood up to make the right decision, which starts at parents, counselors, teachers, relatives and friends. Trying to make this right now is alsmost impossible.
you are so right ....amen.
Joe

University Center, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Oct 29, 2006
 

Judged:

1

what would you do if you hit someone.. I gurantee you would panic. he was a teenage kid that didnt know what to do
annonymous also

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Oct 30, 2006
 

Judged:

2

Joe wrote:
what would you do if you hit someone.. I gurantee you would panic. he was a teenage kid that didnt know what to do
It is one of the laws you learn in order to get a drivers license, anyway know doubt he had access to a cell phone to call police and tell him what he did and that he was scared .....when you hit a deer you have to contact DNR, or the sheriff, or police.Most people stop if the run over a dog or cat to see if the animal can be helped...it is called compassion.Accidents happen every day, and it happens out of neglect on some one's part.If he could have shown some compassion in his heart at the time so much of the bitterness could have been avoided. Who was he in Florida with at the time ? Whose jeep was it?Maybe teens should stay home during spring break.
annonymous

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 30, 2006
 

Judged:

1

Joe wrote:
what would you do if you hit someone.. I gurantee you would panic. he was a teenage kid that didnt know what to do
I agree. When I was 18, I hit 6 mailboxes. I was trying to console my 6mon old son. It is not something that I am proud of, and I know that it doesn't compare to losing a loved one, but it does go to show that people panic. I had to literally tell myself "STUPID STOP". No one can say what is in Jeremy's heart. No one know's what he is going through. I know that the whole situation is sad and it breaks my heart. Yes, this was a tragic accident that changed many lives. I just hope that we can take a lesson from God. As Jesus was on the cross, He said, Forgive them for they know not what they do. And and the writer above talked about. Jeremy knows what it is like to lose a loved one on an accout of an accident. May God bless everyone involved.
Alumni

Garden City, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 30, 2006
 

Judged:

2

1

I went to high school with Jermey, he dated my friend and got in a few fist fights on school property with others. A lot of people didnt care or liked him. When Franklin alumni found out about this incident, most of us weren't shocked. What we were shocked about was how compassionate his friends and classmates were to him. How could you still stick beside someone you know that just killed someone and is lying about it?

Everyone is saying how Jeremy was a good student, star athlete and a great friend. and i don't doubt it. That is what he WAS. Now he won't have a life, he's scum like every other murderer in that state prision no matter how long he's in. He'll never be at another university, he wont have a job (unless he lies on the applications if he ever commited a felony, which doesnt surprise me).

As for the Martin family and friends, I wish you with my heart that you'll recover and never forget them. I lost a friend to a hit and run my freshmen year. Don't mourn over the murderer, he got what he deserves and more.
Anonymous

Westland, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 30, 2006
 

Judged:

1

He is a very arrogant man. Even since the accident he was drinking at parties in which his parents were present. He bragged to high school football players when he got drunk over the weekend. That to me doesn't show remorse. He claims he thought he hit an animal or a construction barrell. I find it hard to believe that he couldn't tell that was a human being. If anything good can come of this it is to not let kids drive to spring break destinations. Kids drink on spring Break whether they admit it or not. If they can't afford to fly then they shouldn't go at all. Cars are not needed and had Jeremy not driven down with a friend all of this could have been avoided.
Local Rob

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 30, 2006
 

Judged:

2

1

I hope he pays for the harm he's caused everyday in the worst way. I could care less about his grades or the fact that it was one night. He made a conscious decision to leave, and I hope that causes him to be raped, hard and long, all day everyday. Maybe after awhile it'll get better, because once that muscles torn up, you probably don't feel everything. I really hope he gets what he deserves, he's a murderer, there's no need for remorse, although I feel sorry for his ass......thats alittle inside joke there.
Local Rob

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 30, 2006
 

Judged:

1

annonymous wrote:
I hope the family can learn a lesson from the Amish families in Pennsylvania...who forgave a man who maliciously killed their children and took his own life before justice could be served...I hope they can find it in their hearts to forgive Jeremy.
Let me tell you something about the AMISH. They're alittle behind in the times, and times change. How can you say forgive and forget. Can we let someone get liquored up and run down your family, is that faor? I mean eye for an eye goes back in time just like amish beliefs, so why not take out some others to feel justice. I can't believe you're feeling like this monster is the victim, he deserves what he gets 10 fold. I'm sure he's not going to get what he deserves, maybe in the end when he burns for his choices, but his lifespan on earth will never compensate what the families had lost. I really can't believe we're expected to forgive and forget from a punk who probably hit the bottle all the way to his hearing. I hope he's tortured constantly, and if, praying he doesnt, but IF he makes it out alive I hope his decision haunts him FOREVER, not just this life, FOREVER
so sad for all

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 30, 2006
 
Alumni wrote:
I went to high school with Jermey, he dated my friend and got in a few fist fights on school property with others. A lot of people didnt care or liked him. When Franklin alumni found out about this incident, most of us weren't shocked. What we were shocked about was how compassionate his friends and classmates were to him. How could you still stick beside someone you know that just killed someone and is lying about it? Everyone is saying how Jeremy was a good student, star athlete and a great friend. and i don't doubt it. That is what he WAS. Now he won't have a life, he's scum like every other murderer in that state prision no matter how long he's in. He'll never be at another university, he wont have a job (unless he lies on the applications if he ever commited a felony, which doesnt surprise me).
As for the Martin family and friends, I wish you with my heart that you'll recover and never forget them. I lost a friend to a hit and run my freshmen year. Don't mourn over the murderer, he got what he deserves and more.
are your friends initials SC?
annonymous also

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 30, 2006
 
do you wonder if the judge or others will read this stuff, maybe the judge could use some creative sentencing like x amount of jail time then the army and straight over to Iraq for amybe 4 years, so some decent family man can return home to his wife and kids....it is no picnic there about those troops don't complain....in jail he is entitled to get a FREE college education...that sucks ...for hard working kids working their way through school....do a crime and time and get a diploma ...not fair! I hope the Martin family will seek monetary justice in civil court being 18 years old his future earnings can be tagged for them for ever ...just like another "great"football player .OJ simpson (vomit)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,352
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Westland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Westland Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Westland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••