Judge overturns California's ban on s...

Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage

There are 201878 comments on the www.cnn.com story from Aug 4, 2010, titled Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex marriage. In it, www.cnn.com reports that:

A federal judge in California has knocked down the state's voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage, ruling Wednesday that the state's controversial Proposition 8 violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cnn.com.

Bruno

Redondo Beach, CA

#143367 May 28, 2012
Is judge Walker "GAY" ??

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#143368 May 28, 2012
KiMare wrote:
You have no legitimate basis of identity, but at least you agree it would take a drastic dumb down!
Well, let us see, I exist, ergo the basis for identity. The fact that you decided to say this, rather than respond with a rational or factually supported argument speaks more to the fundamental lack of rational foundation of your argument than anything else.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#143369 May 28, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
You chose that way because that is what makes you happy, doesn't mean you have to marry.
I don't choose anything because I was born this way. And how would you feel if heterosexual marriages were banned? How would that make you feel? Not being allowed to marry someone of the opposite sex? Fair is fair. If gays can't marry someone of the same sex than heterosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry someone of the opposite sex. Than everyone would be equal in being discriminated.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#143370 May 28, 2012
Bruno wrote:
Is judge Walker "GAY" ??
IMO he is the sexual orientation God made him to be, same as you are the sexual orientation God made you to be.
That simply makes him a person and you a person, being who God made you and him to be.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#143371 May 28, 2012
Nettiebelle wrote:
IMO he is the sexual orientation God made him to be, same as you are the sexual orientation God made you to be.
That simply makes him a person and you a person, being who God made you and him to be.
Do you find it interesting that they attack the judge, because they lack the mental capacity to effectively attack the decision?
Frank Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#143372 May 28, 2012
Bruno wrote:
<quoted text>
Hypathetically speaking; If you and your wife were headed for divorce, which of the two of you would have to the burden to play the mans part and give everything up???? or will that part all go away since you are two women?? just asking
VERY interesting. What will the divorce court do without a man to pay for it? There will be two poor suffering dears without a man to blame!

They'll figure out a way to make men pay for it, don't worry. YUK!YUK!YUK!
Michelle

San Luis Obispo, CA

#143373 May 28, 2012
The word REPUBLIC means without a king.
That's it. It has no other magical meaning and it does not mean no democracy. How the republic runs is up to the people in it. The Soviet Union was a republic also. So was Hitler's Germany. No king=Republic. So Republicans, stop bandying that word around as if it meant no people's input into the government and they give up all their rights when they vote someone to represent them.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#143374 May 28, 2012
DorN wrote:
.The Great Sly--Clyde
Look up on the Internet about a homosexual reproduction. There is a factor on the X chromosome which is inherited by the female children of gay fathers to straight mothers. A gay man will not produce a gay son, because the son gets a Y male chromome but the daughter gets the gay X chromosome. The daughter can produce a gay son with a straight man.
Your amature understanding of genetics is flawed.
DorN

Altadena, CA

#143375 May 28, 2012
Are there any gay men writing posts here that would be willing to write an entry telling if you had a gay grandfather, or a gay great-grandfather?
Let's do a little research to see if the family tree can support the question of where gays come from.
If the people who object to gay marriage, force gays to stay in the closet, they need to know that gays would rather come out of that closet and be able to marry the person they love.

“God Loves Ilks!”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#143376 May 28, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you find it interesting that they attack the judge, because they lack the mental capacity to effectively attack the decision?
Oh yes, I did!
RiccardoFire

Sacramento, CA

#143377 May 28, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't choose anything because I was born this way. And how would you feel if heterosexual marriages were banned? How would that make you feel? Not being allowed to marry someone of the opposite sex? Fair is fair. If gays can't marry someone of the same sex than heterosexuals shouldn't be allowed to marry someone of the opposite sex. Than everyone would be equal in being discriminated.
more then likely, you were groomed that way. Prove you were born that way. maybe see chaz's doctor, he can fix you. It would not matter if normal marriages were banned, life would go on. I would not whine here on topix about it. The problem with you is that you believe what you want and not the truth.
DorN

Altadena, CA

#143378 May 28, 2012
Correction on that post. It would have to be a grandfather or great grandfather on the mother's side. The paternal grandfather would not be gay.

Since: Jan 12

Commonwealth of Pennsylvania

#143379 May 28, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
more then likely, you were groomed that way. Prove you were born that way. maybe see chaz's doctor, he can fix you. It would not matter if normal marriages were banned, life would go on. I would not whine here on topix about it. The problem with you is that you believe what you want and not the truth.
When did you choose to be straight.

The truth is that all people deserve equal rights under the law. for some reason people like you can't get that though your thick headed skulls. what did gays ever do to you? Why do you hate us so much that you would treat us like second class citizens?
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#143380 May 28, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>You are trying to force it on everyone. You are not a reptile. 2 gay guys produce nothing but a lot of crap. It occurs rarely in nature and what occurs in nature doesn't mean humans are to imitate it. You chose that way because that is what makes you happy, doesn't mean you have to marry.
No one is trying to force you to marry ANYBODY.
DorN

Altadena, CA

#143381 May 28, 2012
Research groups had found that homosexual preferences sometimes tend to run in families, indicating a genetic basis, but the latest research has located a region of the X chromosome - which men inherit from their mothers - that is strongly implicated.
Dr Hamer and colleagues studied the family histories of 114 homosexuals and found that 13.5 per cent of the gay men's brothers were also homosexual, compared with 2 per cent in the general population. They also found maternal uncles and maternal male cousins were more likely to be homosexual. In some families, gay relatives could be traced back three generations. Because homosexual uncles and male cousins of the gay subjects were raised in different households, the scientists hypothesised a genetic factor on the X chromosome was responsible.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#143382 May 28, 2012
RiccardoFire wrote:
<quoted text>more then likely, you were groomed that way. Prove you were born that way. maybe see chaz's doctor, he can fix you. It would not matter if normal marriages were banned, life would go on. I would not whine here on topix about it. The problem with you is that you believe what you want and not the truth.
It is not possible to "groom" someone to be gay. There is NO scientific evidence of that, so stop spreading bullshit.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#143383 May 28, 2012
DorN wrote:
Correction on that post. It would have to be a grandfather or great grandfather on the mother's side. The paternal grandfather would not be gay.
Stop with the amature genetics. You are making yourself look foolish.

“No Headline available”

Defiance, Ohio

#143384 May 28, 2012
Wat the Tyler wrote:
When did you choose to be straight.
Uhm, perhaps they didn't? Perhaps, they choose closeted and self-loathing?
Dan

Sacramento, CA

#143385 May 28, 2012
Frank Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
VERY interesting. What will the divorce court do without a man to pay for it? There will be two poor suffering dears without a man to blame!
They'll figure out a way to make men pay for it, don't worry. YUK!YUK!YUK!
Hey stupid....

...and I do mean stupid...

...it's not always the man who "has to pay".

In divorce it's dependent on a number of factors including income, who brought what to the marriage initially, children, etc. and it's not always "the man" who loses his ass.

The same would apply to gay couples genius...including those whom happen to be women.
Redondo Rally

Los Angeles, CA

#143386 May 28, 2012
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to fuck Trayvon's corpse!!!!
Sick SOB!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Village Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pamela hutcherson passed on yesterday??? 6 hr Laura Hutcherson 1
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) 13 hr Hanson Bologna 4,511
News L.G.B.T. Asian-Americans share stories to educa... Wed Pope Ben Out To P... 8
31149 Via Colinas Unit 608 Westlake Village, Ca... Jul 24 Victhebroker 2
News Mel Gibson apologizes for drunk driving (Jul '06) Jul 22 Sadam loyalist 33
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Agoura Hills (Sep '15) Jul 8 lainster 10
News How to throw an outdoor summer party using your... Jun '16 Bag Hag Snag 1

Westlake Village Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westlake Village Mortgages