Westlake High School misspells 'educa...

Westlake High School misspells 'education' on diplomas

There are 8 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 6, 2008, titled Westlake High School misspells 'education' on diplomas. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

' A Cleveland-area principal says he is embarrassed his students got proof of their "educaiton" on their high school diploma.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Lucius Vorenus

Reseda, CA

#1 Jun 6, 2008
Here is a copy of the speech written by the Westlake High School valedictorian:

"I now be gradiated fum de Wesslake pullic skul and be goin ta collige. I gradiated at duh toppa my clas and the teachas tell me that I be dun gradiated Magma Come Louder. Wen I herd dat, I say ta my ticha how do he knows dat mi gurlfrend's name be Magma. And evuh time I has sex wit Magma, shee cum louder and louder, till duh hole hood heers her screems.

Da collige I be goin ta is BC. I dun taute dat I be goin ta Bosson Collige wen my geyeddence conslla sed I wuz assepted inta BC; butt shee tell me dat duh BC I be goin ta is Bronx Cummunity in New Yawk Citi. Dat be OK cuz New Yawk be juss a good a Bosson.

It done mattuh much ta me cause dey has a cuccullum dat teeches me how ta bee a plummah. Dat way I can gradiate fum dere and git a unyon job wit scurity. Iff I don git duh unyon plummah job, dat be OK wit me, cause I can awways wirk for da Sity. Dat aint so bad, cause da Sity givs me lotsa paid holeydaze and a lotta brakes durin duh day, soze I can do more learnin ta reed and gets me a pummotion ta soupvisa or evin a cummissna. Iffs I gets enuf time, my pullic skuul teecha sez dat I be a natuul skolah to teech eebonix.

verry tully yorz,
Anton Tyrone"
Christian Costaras

Willard, OH

#2 Jun 6, 2008
this shit has been blown out the door. i was a graduate of the westlake class of 2008 and i think this situation has over shadowed that we graduated.. and an fyi.. out valedictorian graduated with a 5.0399 .. he was a top student in the nation!
Lucius Vorenus

Reseda, CA

#3 Jun 7, 2008
Christian Costaras wrote:
this shit has been blown out the door. i was a graduate of the westlake class of 2008 and i think this situation has over shadowed that we graduated.. and an fyi.. out valedictorian graduated with a 5.0399 .. he was a top student in the nation!
It is hard to believe that you are a high school graduate. Your sentences in your posting do not begin with capital letters. You should have learned that sentences always begin with capital letters. You did not capitalize the proper noun "Westlake" in your posting. Proper nouns always begin with capital letters. Finally, your grammar and syntax is atrocious. I guess that is what is being produced by today's public schools.

As for the grade point average, everyone knows that the standards for graduating public schools have been "dumbed down" so that any illiterate street thug ot illegal alien who can't speak english can graduate.
Christian Costaras

Willard, OH

#4 Jun 7, 2008
this is what happens when you send out diplomas to get printed in Los Angeles CA..
Dayna Looney

Calgary, Canada

#5 Jun 7, 2008
Lucius Vorenus wrote:
Here is a copy of the speech written by the Westlake High School valedictorian:
"I now be gradiated fum de Wesslake pullic skul and be goin ta collige. I gradiated at duh toppa my clas and the teachas tell me that I be dun gradiated Magma Come Louder. Wen I herd dat, I say ta my ticha how do he knows dat mi gurlfrend's name be Magma. And evuh time I has sex wit Magma, shee cum louder and louder, till duh hole hood heers her screems.
Da collige I be goin ta is BC. I dun taute dat I be goin ta Bosson Collige wen my geyeddence conslla sed I wuz assepted inta BC; butt shee tell me dat duh BC I be goin ta is Bronx Cummunity in New Yawk Citi. Dat be OK cuz New Yawk be juss a good a Bosson.
It done mattuh much ta me cause dey has a cuccullum dat teeches me how ta bee a plummah. Dat way I can gradiate fum dere and git a unyon job wit scurity. Iff I don git duh unyon plummah job, dat be OK wit me, cause I can awways wirk for da Sity. Dat aint so bad, cause da Sity givs me lotsa paid holeydaze and a lotta brakes durin duh day, soze I can do more learnin ta reed and gets me a pummotion ta soupvisa or evin a cummissna. Iffs I gets enuf time, my pullic skuul teecha sez dat I be a natuul skolah to teech eebonix.
verry tully yorz,
Anton Tyrone"
LMAO!!!!! That's hysterical! Good one.
I think what makes the whole issue even more funny is that the diplomas had to be corrected not once but twice.
Sgt Hulka

United States

#6 Jun 7, 2008
Christian Costaras wrote:
this is what happens when you send out diplomas to get printed in Los Angeles CA..
Er... the CNN article said it was the school officials who made the error. What does Los Angeles have to do with the error that was made in Ohio? Print shops generally do not content-check prior to printing; they just print what they're given, flaws and all.(I used to work with commercial printers for various newspaper-type print jobs.)
Lucius Vorenus

Reseda, CA

#7 Jun 8, 2008
Sgt Hulka wrote:
<quoted text>
Er... the CNN article said it was the school officials who made the error. What does Los Angeles have to do with the error that was made in Ohio? Print shops generally do not content-check prior to printing; they just print what they're given, flaws and all.(I used to work with commercial printers for various newspaper-type print jobs.)
It is a parody to show the purported quality of education in public schools. As far as the geographic location, "stupidity and carelessness", particularly when it comes to lazy public officials has no geographical boundaries.
Tim Pullo

Reseda, CA

#8 Jun 8, 2008
Sgt Hulka wrote:
<quoted text>
Sentences do not begin with "Er." It is not even a word. Are you the product of a public school education?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News North Ridgeville honors distinguished alumni fo... May 19 Jane 2
Attorney Stephen Wolf. Apr '16 Stephen Wolf Atto... 4
danger Apr '16 KDKGJ 1
Lily Eyring (Oct '13) Mar '16 Uncle Daryl 2
Toczek Mar '16 Uncle Daryl 1
Trying to find Winifred Hohmann (Jan '08) Mar '16 Mildred Hohman 3
News 10 Things to Know for Thursday Mar '16 USA today 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Westlake Mortgages