Joe Blow

Canton, OH

#21519 Oct 28, 2013
Joe McCarthy wrote:
And you thought I was bullshitten ya when I said there were communists in our government.
Smart Americans thought you were full of sh1t during the first Red Scare and still do now, with the right's ever so fresh Red Scare 2.0

I forget Joe. How were you viewed in the last days of your life, right before you drank yourself to death? A kook? A liar? A rightwing extremist? How about all of the above.
Joe Blow

Canton, OH

#21520 Oct 28, 2013
U.S. manufacturing broke record profits in 2011, and manufacturing output is currently 35 percent above pre-recession levels.

Oooooooh the tyranny.
Joe Blow

Canton, OH

#21521 Oct 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a better idea: why don't you post a link?
Would a hard-core leftwing site that has been busted numerous times for telling lies be good enough for you? Seems to work just fine for you when you post links to rightwing propaganda sites that have been busted numerous times for telling lies and call them "facts".
TheRealTeaParty

Canton, OH

#21522 Oct 28, 2013
TheRealTeaParty

Canton, OH

#21523 Oct 28, 2013
2013 and believes in witches? Yay Tea Party!

TheRealTeaParty

Canton, OH

#21524 Oct 28, 2013
Koch brother paid politician telling a church that a pipeline is "God's will". Yay Tea Party!

TheRealTeaParty

Canton, OH

#21525 Oct 28, 2013
Q: Has the Obama administration started a program to use "taxpayer money" to give free cell phones to welfare recipients?

A: No. Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it.

The "Obamaphone" lie was spread through Tea Party emailed propaganda newsletters.

Now by all means...eat those facts and don't you EVER forget why Americans told you to stick your conniving, corporate fetch boy Tea Bagger agenda up your obviously racist, paranoid, water walking Jewish zombie told me so,@ss.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21526 Oct 28, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>It's obvious that you do have a total lack of comprehension. So it's legal to illegally cancel out legal votes of our soldiers overseas fighting for the country and having their vote stolen? Only in a right wings idiot's mind. All up in arms and concerned about voting fraud while committing it constantly.
I don't recall anywhere in the article where it mentioned military. But since you mentioned the military, it dawned on me that there was something about the military and voting.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...

And before you criticize the source, the article has hyper-links.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21527 Oct 28, 2013
TheRealTeaParty wrote:
Q: Has the Obama administration started a program to use "taxpayer money" to give free cell phones to welfare recipients?
A: No. Low-income households have been eligible for discounted telephone service for more than a decade. But the program is funded by telecom companies, not by taxes, and the president has nothing to do with it.
The "Obamaphone" lie was spread through Tea Party emailed propaganda newsletters.
Now by all means...eat those facts and don't you EVER forget why Americans told you to stick your conniving, corporate fetch boy Tea Bagger agenda up your obviously racist, paranoid, water walking Jewish zombie told me so,@ss.
Where do “Obama phones” come from?
BY CHARLIE SPIERING | SEPTEMBER 27, 2012 AT 2:40 PM

The video of an Obama supporter bragging about having an “Obama phone” has gone viral on the web, but where do these “free cell phones” come from?

The program is called Lifeline, established in 1984, originally created to subsidize landline phone service for low income Americans, funded by government-collected telecommunication fees, paid by consumers.

In 2008, the program was expanded to support cell phones which quickly escalated the cost of the program. In 2008 the program cost $772 million, but by 2011 it cost $1.6 billion.

A 2011 audit found that 269,000 wireless Lifeline subscribers were receiving free phones and monthly service from two or more carriers. Several websites have been created to promote “free” government cell phones, including the”The Obama Cell Phone” website at Obamaphone.net .

Rep. Tim Griffin R-Ark. has proposed a bill to eliminate federal subsidies for free cell phones and has produced a great YouTube video highlighting the runaway cost of the program. The program has also been highlighted for reform by Senator Claire McCaskill D-Mo.

Pressure to reform the program led the FCC to announce an effort in February to “reduce the potential for fraud while cutting red tape for consumers and providers” by the end of 2013.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/where-do-obama-...
Nancy Pelosi

United States

#21528 Oct 28, 2013
We have to pass the (health care) bill so you can find out what is in it.
Flatbed Full of Failure

Canton, OH

#21529 Oct 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The video of an Obama supporter bragging about having an “Obama phone” has gone viral on the web, but where do these “free cell phones” come from?
The program is called Lifeline, established in 1984, originally created to subsidize landline phone service for low income Americans, funded by government-collected telecommunication fees, paid by consumers.
In 2008, the program was expanded to support cell phones which quickly escalated the cost of the program. In 2008 the program cost $772 million, but by 2011 it cost $1.6 billion.
A 2011 audit found that 269,000 wireless Lifeline subscribers were receiving free phones and monthly service from two or more carriers. Several websites have been created to promote “free” government cell phones, including the”The Obama Cell Phone” website at Obamaphone.net .
Rep. Tim Griffin R-Ark. has proposed a bill to eliminate federal subsidies for free cell phones and has produced a great YouTube video highlighting the runaway cost of the program. The program has also been highlighted for reform by Senator Claire McCaskill D-Mo.
Pressure to reform the program led the FCC to announce an effort in February to “reduce the potential for fraud while cutting red tape for consumers and providers” by the end of 2013.
There's that rightwing propaganda site I mentioned earlier. The kind I mentioned you often try to pass off as fact. Thanks for playing. Glad you think our president secretly got the wheels rolling on his "Obamaphone" schemes TEN YEARS before he was in office. Oh, also, just to save you some time, there is no such thing as Bat Boy and Elvis wasn't spotted on the moon.
Ted Cruz

Canton, OH

#21530 Oct 28, 2013
Nancy Pelosi wrote:
We have to pass the (health care) bill so you can find out what is in it.
Worked for all the Tea Baggers who claimed to hate it but knew nothing about it.
Truck Stopped

Canton, OH

#21531 Oct 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
The “Obama phone” is really a program started by Reagan and expanded by Bush that provides subsidized phone service to low-income Americans.
Obama Phone Lady

United States

#21532 Oct 28, 2013
Stockman spokesman Donny Ferguson emailed us a Feb. 12, 2013, Wall Street Journal news story that said, "The U.S. government spent about $2.2 billion last year to provide phones to low-income Americans ... Payouts under the program have shot up from $819 million in 2008, as more wireless carriers have persuaded regulators to let them offer the service."Wigfield sent us the FCC’s total spending figures for Lifeline in recent years:
2007:$823 million
2008:$821 million
2009:$1 billion
2010:$1.13 billion
2011:$1.78 billion
2012:$2.1 billion

The post-2008 boom, he said, came after the FCC decided to open Lifeline to phone companies offering low-cost cell plans on networks they did not own. Tracfone was the first such provider to become an eligible carrier for Lifeline, he said. The Journal article said Tracfone has since become the country’s fifth-largest wireless carrier and that other companies have expanded as "Lifeline users have been a source of subscriber growth in the otherwise saturated U.S. market."

Keep Obama in President. You Know.
Pops

Newport, KY

#21533 Oct 28, 2013
Truck Stopped wrote:
<quoted text>
The “Obama phone” is really a program started by Reagan and expanded by Bush that provides subsidized phone service to low-income Americans.
Don't stop there. AND......?
Nancy

Ashburn, VA

#21534 Oct 28, 2013
Truck Stopped wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they have cell phones in Reagans or Bush's years?
Obama Phone Lady

United States

#21535 Oct 28, 2013
REPORTER: You got an Obama phone?
WOMAN:(screaming) Yes! Everybody in Cleveland, low minorities, got Obama phone. Keep Obama in president, you know? He gave us a phone!
REPORTER: He gave you a phone?
WOMAN: He gonna do more!
REPORTER: How did he give you a phone?
WOMAN: You sign up. If you're... If you on food stamps, you on Social Security, you got low income, you disability...
REPORTER: Okay, what's wrong with Romney, again?
WOMAN: Romney, he sucks! Bad!

ROFLMAO
Pops

Newport, KY

#21536 Oct 28, 2013
LittleWhoringAnnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yah but then rightwingers are known for touching toddlers. I'll go with can't spell any day. Get it right, little miss daddy/uncle's home schooled darling.
There you go again. Change the topic instead of addressing the post.
YOU must be totally bald or totally hairy, have gills, horns, a tail or something because YOU are FAR from normal. YOUR gene pool is likely full of mercury, fecal matter, lead, & nuclear waste.
Your gene pool likely glows in the dark, kills vampires & scares zombies.
It is so VERY GOOD to NOT be you. I'll take that as a lifetime Christmas present.
Barrock Obama

United States

#21537 Oct 28, 2013
Joe Blow wrote:
U.S. manufacturing broke record profits in 2011, and manufacturing output is currently 35 percent above pre-recession levels.
Oooooooh the tyranny.
US gubment reaps biggest tax revenue HAUL EVER!!!! But lets not address how Nancy Harry and I squander it on our crony friends.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21538 Oct 28, 2013
Truck Stopped wrote:
<quoted text>
During the Reagan (and even the Bush years) people could get landlines with unlimited local minutes for such things as jobs, emergencies and basic communication for a flat fee paid for by working people.

Today, the Obama Phones are cordless devices with 250 anytime minutes where you can call coast to coast. As my link points out, this is much more costly for Americans.

Now I'm a guy that works on the road. My company provides communication, but from time to time, they need to call me on my personal phone. I'm also a landlord as you well know. I have to stay in touch with my tenants, people working on one of my apartments, my father who works around here as well, city inspectors, my lawyer unfortunately and so on.

My plan includes 500 anytime minutes, and I can't recall one time where I used over 250. Mind you, I canceled my landline phone a few years ago so like many people, my cell phone is the only phone I use.

Not to bore you with personal details of my telephone life, but the question is, if as a working guy with two jobs, family and friends that I communicate with, can stay well below 250 minutes per month, why is it lowlifes who don't work need 250 minutes every month?

We no longer have pay phones on every street corner. Without a doubt people that are stranded or need help outside of their home need some kind of communication. But 250 anytime minutes a month? For what? To call the welfare office to find out where their check is?

Can you explain the difference to me between our tax dollars subsidizing these phones and a "fee" that we all pay for each and every month to provide these phones to those non-payers? What's the difference? Most Americans have cell phones and are paying for those who can't afford them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
republicans take the senate and america gets be... Oct 21 tommorrow 1
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct 18 Roger and Terri 42
Pandrangi Tower will open soon at Southwest Gen... Oct 15 Ivieivy 1
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct 11 good stuff 1
bed bugs Sep 25 concerned bulldog 1
Man charged in Cleveland rape is now suspect in... Sep 25 Serve Justice 1
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug '14 mike 2
Westlake Dating
Find my Match

Westlake Jobs