xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21434 Oct 25, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>You better look at the articles that show one of the Carolina's talking heads admitting that the reason they changed their voting laws was to keep college students and "those lazy black people from voting." He got fired for blowing their agenda. Look at all the other GOP states that changed their voting to try to suppress the vote. If you can't win, buy it or steal it.
Explain to me how such a law "suppresses" blacks and not whites. I thought all men were created equal. If I can get a voter ID, what's stopping anybody else?

When Democrats find themselves in a corner, they use the "race" thing as if it were valid in some way. Don't like DumBama, it's because of race. Try to make voting more legitimate, it's because of race. Against illegal Mexicans, it's because of race.

The thing is that this has nothing to do with race and no evidence to support such accusations. But Democrats believe they can get their way on anything if they falsely insert the race card, and the sheep just repeat the lies.

Anytime Republicans win, the "cheat" issue is brought up. Same holds true of the Republicans when Democrats win. So lets try to make voting as honest as we can. Everybody should (not just blacks) should have to show ID before voting. There is nothing discriminating about that. And if you want to base your claim on some loser who said his desire was to keep blacks from voting, I'll show you a black person that claimed they voted multiple times.
Jesus Canton

Canton, OH

#21435 Oct 25, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. 17 trillion and growing is something every DumBama voter should be proud of. So should they be proud of median household incomes down, record number of government dependents, scandal after scandal and 90 million adults not working.
Commie Care is what the "absolute disaster" is. Few employers want to invest or expand. It has created problems on every level from jobs lost, hours cut, increase in health insurance costs right down to the 637 million wasted on a web site that doesn't work. Now we find out that few got private insurance and instead, were coaxed by the government into Medicaid--a program that has most states broke.
Bush was far from perfect. In fact, I hardly consider him a conservative. But I will say that most of the Bush years were good ones. We haven't had one good month out of OBummer in the last five and a half years.
How much did GW's war in Iraq cost? That one a freebie in your anything but racist calculations? Save it, truck driving fool. When the whole global warming thing becomes so apparent to even the dumbest Tea Bagger voter like yourself, that even a truck driving weather expert stands out like a sore thumb. you'll still have a "doesn't matter what we do, the earth is still fuc^ed" mantra the corporations fed you to believe. If you were a little more Christian than you knew you were, I'd say you could always go with the "God's punishment" for (insert ignorant reason here) kinda global warming. You stick with your "corporate fetch boy" , non religious, nothing we can do about approach. Hey "Reality". Take notes you inbred, stupid, queer f*ck of a moron. THATS how you predict the future. Take notes, Tea Bagging fools.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#21436 Oct 25, 2013
Jesus Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
How much did GW's war in Iraq cost?
Not as much as welfare under Caesar Obamus.
Jesus Canton

Canton, OH

#21438 Oct 25, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as much as welfare under Caesar Obamus.
How about GW's Medicare expansion? Oopsie. Dumb dumb just got left looking like he's a racist.
Jesus Canton

Canton, OH

#21439 Oct 25, 2013
You just don't have what it takes to roll with the big dogs. You lost due to your greed and racism. You are evil. That's all. All we ask is that you keep your beliefs that try to rewrite history away from the toddlers. Ooops. Too late. Rush Limbaugh released a book aimed at children that tries to rewrite history. Nothing short of vile.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#21440 Oct 25, 2013
Caesar is spending a Iraq Wars worth of money on welfare every year.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#21441 Oct 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me how such a law "suppresses" blacks and not whites. I thought all men were created equal.
"Indeed, in a column for right-wing clearinghouse WorldNetDaily, longtime conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly acknowledged as much with a defense of North Carolina’s new voting law, which has been criticized for its restrictions on access, among other things. Here’s Schlafly:

“The reduction in the number of days allowed for early voting is particularly important because early voting plays a major role in Obama’s ground game. The Democrats carried most states that allow many days of early voting, and Obama’s national field director admitted, shortly before last year’s election, that ‘early voting is giving us a solid lead in the battleground states that will decide this election.’"

"Schlafly, it should be noted, isn’t the first Republican to confess the true reason for voter-identification laws. Among friendly audiences, they can’t seem to help it.

Last spring, for example, Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai told a gathering of Republicans that their voter identification law would “allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania.” That summer, at an event hosted by the Heritage Foundation, former Wall Street Journal columnist John Fund conceded that Democrats had a point about the GOP’s focus on voter ID, as opposed to those measures—such as absentee balloting—that are vulnerable to tampering.“I think it is a fair argument of some liberals that there are some people who emphasize the voter ID part more than the absentee ballot part because supposedly Republicans like absentee ballots more and they don’t want to restrict that,” he said."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21442 Oct 26, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Indeed, in a column for right-wing clearinghouse WorldNetDaily, longtime conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly acknowledged as much with a defense of North Carolina’s new voting law, which has been criticized for its restrictions on access, among other things. Here’s Schlafly:
“The reduction in the number of days allowed for early voting is particularly important because early voting plays a major role in Obama’s ground game. The Democrats carried most states that allow many days of early voting, and Obama’s national field director admitted, shortly before last year’s election, that ‘early voting is giving us a solid lead in the battleground states that will decide this election.’"
"Schlafly, it should be noted, isn’t the first Republican to confess the true reason for voter-identification laws. Among friendly audiences, they can’t seem to help it.
Last spring, for example, Pennsylvania House Majority Leader Mike Turzai told a gathering of Republicans that their voter identification law would “allow Governor Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania.” That summer, at an event hosted by the Heritage Foundation, former Wall Street Journal columnist John Fund conceded that Democrats had a point about the GOP’s focus on voter ID, as opposed to those measures—such as absentee balloting—that are vulnerable to tampering.“I think it is a fair argument of some liberals that there are some people who emphasize the voter ID part more than the absentee ballot part because supposedly Republicans like absentee ballots more and they don’t want to restrict that,” he said."
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/08...
Without a doubt, I agree with the concern of absentee voting. I don't like it there and I don't like it here either. Absentee should be strictly for those incapable of making it to the polls and that's it. In Ohio, anybody can vote absentee and it's a bad system.

What your article points out is results and not cause. They state that less time to vote means less Democrat voters. The question is why? Why doesn't it affect Republican voters the same way?

The one thing that came to mind while reading this article is Katrina. All those poor Democrats dragged their azzes to the bus stops and many stayed behind because they were too lazy to leave. It was too inconvenient. Another thing that crossed my mind is responsibility. What party does a responsible person generally vote for? Who do the irresponsible vote for?

After all, most "poor" people don't work. They have all day to vote; more time than working Americans. If results showed that we have a better Democrat turnout if free refreshments are served at the polls, would it be discriminatory not to have free refreshments?

Voting should be somewhat inconvenient. It assures that only those who are serious about elections do vote. There should be no early voting, no dragging people to vote in busses, and no absentee voting unless there were no other choices.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21443 Oct 26, 2013
Jesus Canton wrote:
You just don't have what it takes to roll with the big dogs. You lost due to your greed and racism. You are evil. That's all. All we ask is that you keep your beliefs that try to rewrite history away from the toddlers. Ooops. Too late. Rush Limbaugh released a book aimed at children that tries to rewrite history. Nothing short of vile.
You didn't bother to consider (in your drunken stupor) that you never even read one book from Rush Limbaugh children's or otherwise. You have no idea what Limbaugh wrote or if there was anything in his books that are inaccurate.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21444 Oct 26, 2013
Jesus Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
How about GW's Medicare expansion? Oopsie. Dumb dumb just got left looking like he's a racist.
WTF is racist about that? God you people are so programmed.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21445 Oct 26, 2013
Jesus Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
How much did GW's war in Iraq cost? That one a freebie in your anything but racist calculations? Save it, truck driving fool. When the whole global warming thing becomes so apparent to even the dumbest Tea Bagger voter like yourself, that even a truck driving weather expert stands out like a sore thumb. you'll still have a "doesn't matter what we do, the earth is still fuc^ed" mantra the corporations fed you to believe. If you were a little more Christian than you knew you were, I'd say you could always go with the "God's punishment" for (insert ignorant reason here) kinda global warming. You stick with your "corporate fetch boy" , non religious, nothing we can do about approach. Hey "Reality". Take notes you inbred, stupid, queer f*ck of a moron. THATS how you predict the future. Take notes, Tea Bagging fools.
Yes, I'm sure Al Gore is laughing himself silly reading all the people he conned into this global warming thing so he and others could get rich. And why not? After all, his mansion uses enough energy to power an average side street in the US and he takes private jets, limos and SUV"s to where he's traveling.

DumBama doesn't seem too concerned about global warming either. His wife takes a separate plane on some of their vacations. Nazi Piglosi? Forget about it. She too insisted that she have her very own plane that traveled from one end of the country to the other every time she went to Washington. That is of course when her family wasn't using the plane for fun rides. Nothing is too good for a Democrat I always say.

Thy name is Democrat. Do as I say--not as I do!

Cost of Iraq war from 2003 to 2008: 589 billion dollars.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0933935.html

HEY! That's almost 300 billion less than DumBama spent in one day with is so-called stimulus (that didn't stimulate anything) bill. Let's see, Iraq over five years, 600 billion. DumBama in one day, 850 billion. Hmmmmm
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#21446 Oct 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Without a doubt, I agree with the concern of absentee voting. I don't like it there and I don't like it here either. Absentee should be strictly for those incapable of making it to the polls and that's it. In Ohio, anybody can vote absentee and it's a bad system.
What your article points out is results and not cause. They state that less time to vote means less Democrat voters. The question is why? Why doesn't it affect Republican voters the same way?
The one thing that came to mind while reading this article is Katrina. All those poor Democrats dragged their azzes to the bus stops and many stayed behind because they were too lazy to leave. It was too inconvenient. Another thing that crossed my mind is responsibility. What party does a responsible person generally vote for? Who do the irresponsible vote for?
After all, most "poor" people don't work. They have all day to vote; more time than working Americans. If results showed that we have a better Democrat turnout if free refreshments are served at the polls, would it be discriminatory not to have free refreshments?
Voting should be somewhat inconvenient. It assures that only those who are serious about elections do vote. There should be no early voting, no dragging people to vote in busses, and no absentee voting unless there were no other choices.
Caging votes history;
www.clcblog.org/blog_item-152.html

Secret money behind voter suppression;
www.thenation.com/article/172685/why -are-conservatives-trying-dest roy-voting-rights-act?

True to vote (suppression);
votingrights.news21.com/article/poll-watchers...

votingrights.news21.com/articles/election-fra...

GOP voter fraud;
www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na...

bluenc.com/strategic-allied-consulting-morphs...

www.thenation.com/blog/170198/gop-quietly-hir... #
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#21447 Oct 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you even talking about???????
All religions in America need to lose their tax exemption, no exceptions. Religion is a business selling an insurance product that requires one to die in order to collect on. Talk about a scam. There is no one anywhere that can prove that anyone ever collected the benefit from that insurance sold on a fantasy, plagiarized story. You can't buy your way into heaven by paying into that huge money making industry that doesn't pay a dime on taxes.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21448 Oct 26, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>All religions in America need to lose their tax exemption, no exceptions. Religion is a business selling an insurance product that requires one to die in order to collect on. Talk about a scam. There is no one anywhere that can prove that anyone ever collected the benefit from that insurance sold on a fantasy, plagiarized story. You can't buy your way into heaven by paying into that huge money making industry that doesn't pay a dime on taxes.
Most religions are non-profit. Everything they collect they use to support their churches and perhaps some charity. Churches around here are closing down all the time. In fact the Catholic religion is closing down churches all over. Religion is not insurance nor have they ever claimed to be.

I love how you leftists focus on churches out of all the tax-exempt entities in our country.
Pops

Newport, KY

#21449 Oct 26, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>

Here's a subject that gives me thought. There was a time for decades & decades & decades that there was ONE & ONLY ONE day to vote & as far as I can remember, that was fine or at least OK.
Question #1. What was the problem that expanded voting days?(not counting absentee or whatever). Question 2. IF 1 day was OK for so very very long, then expanded to goodness knows how many days depending on where one is (state, county, city or whatever) but now efforts are being made to reduce those days, what's the problem with a compromise number of days?
Lastly, I would be ashamed or embarrassed to think or admit that a photo ID was discriminatory.
That is tantamount to saying that I am too stupid, lazy or lacking support to get an ID every 4-6 yrs. IF I were either of the 1st 2, I shouldn't vote but would still have that right. If the 3rd reason, I would reach out for help to vote. It isn't like there isn't time to plan. To NOT plan would bring one back around to reasons 1 & 2...stupid & or lazy....duh
Pops

Newport, KY

#21450 Oct 26, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>All religions in America need to lose their tax exemption, no exceptions. Religion is a business selling an insurance product that requires one to die in order to collect on. Talk about a scam. There is no one anywhere that can prove that anyone ever collected the benefit from that insurance sold on a fantasy, plagiarized story. You can't buy your way into heaven by paying into that huge money making industry that doesn't pay a dime on taxes.
The Catholic Church & it's hospitals, soup kitchens etc make it one of the largest 5 if not the largest charity in this country depending on how one compile the comparitive info & yet the Catholic Church is very often the target of denigration.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#21451 Oct 26, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>
Question #1. What was the problem that expanded voting days?(not counting absentee or whatever).
In the 2008 election only 64% of eligible voted in the Presidential election. For people that work long hours, or with limited transportation options, additional days of voting give them more of an opportunity to cast a vote.
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Question 2. IF 1 day was OK for so very very long, then expanded to goodness knows how many days depending on where one is (state, county, city or whatever) but now efforts are being made to reduce those days, what's the problem with a compromise number of days?
Why is the effort being made to reduce the number of days? It is being done for a very partisan reason, to suppress the vote of those that tend to vote for Democrats.
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Lastly, I would be ashamed or embarrassed to think or admit that a photo ID was discriminatory.
That is tantamount to saying that I am too stupid, lazy or lacking support to get an ID every 4-6 yrs.
Of course, you would have to do NOTHING AT ALL to vote. Like me, you already have a photo ID, a driver's license. But not everyone does. The elderly, the young, and poor people are less likely to have a photo ID. That is the reason that Republicans are pressing for them, not any demonstrated voter fraud.(If they were primarily concerned with voter fraud, they would eliminate absentee voting, which is much more likely to be abused.)

"Belatedly, federal Judge Richard Posner has arrived at the obvious conclusion about voter identification laws: They are enacted as a barrier to the franchise, an un-American tactic hatched by conservatives to prevent certain people from voting. It's too bad that his epiphany came so late.

Posner is one of the nation's most respected conservative jurists. As a judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit, he might have led the nation's highest court to reject new restrictions around voting. Instead, in 2007, Posner wrote the majority opinion that upheld Indiana's stringent law, setting the stage for the U.S. Supreme Court to reason that it did no harm to an unfettered franchise.

That was quite wrong, as Posner now acknowledges. While he disavowed his earlier endorsement of the law in a new book, "Reflections of Judging," he went further in a video interview earlier this month with The Huffington Post, saying that the dissenting view was the right one.

In that dissent, the late Judge Terence Evans wrote: "Let's not beat around the bush: The Indiana voter photo ID law is a not-too-thinly-veiled attempt to discourage election-day turnout by certain folks believed to skew Democratic.""

http://news.yahoo.com/voter-id-laws-one-inten...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#21452 Oct 26, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>Here's a subject that gives me thought. There was a time for decades & decades & decades that there was ONE & ONLY ONE day to vote & as far as I can remember, that was fine or at least OK.
Question #1. What was the problem that expanded voting days?(not counting absentee or whatever). Question 2. IF 1 day was OK for so very very long, then expanded to goodness knows how many days depending on where one is (state, county, city or whatever) but now efforts are being made to reduce those days, what's the problem with a compromise number of days?
Lastly, I would be ashamed or embarrassed to think or admit that a photo ID was discriminatory.
That is tantamount to saying that I am too stupid, lazy or lacking support to get an ID every 4-6 yrs. IF I were either of the 1st 2, I shouldn't vote but would still have that right. If the 3rd reason, I would reach out for help to vote. It isn't like there isn't time to plan. To NOT plan would bring one back around to reasons 1 & 2...stupid & or lazy....duh
One of the reasons Democrats claim discrimination is because blacks per capita have more felons than whites. Of course, they won't say that, but it's the truth. They also have more people with outstanding warrants as well; not that getting a voter ID would get them nabbed, but it would probably deter some of them from getting an ID because it would show where you live.

Bottom line is that liberals use the race card to get what they really want, and that is people still cheating the system. For years our voting places have asked for ID in the past. No problem. I just show them my ID.

What about people with no ID? Who can survive in todays world without identification? How does one cash a check, start a checking or savings account, purchase alcohol or get on an airplane?

Most states make it convenient and even free to get an ID. All you have to do is pick it up. As for the excuse that some may not have transportation, I say if you told them they won $5,000 in a sweepstakes, but they had to produce an ID to get the check, you'd see how fast they would find a way to get identification.
RewriteHistory

Canton, OH

#21453 Oct 26, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't bother to consider (in your drunken stupor) that you never even read one book from Rush Limbaugh children's or otherwise. You have no idea what Limbaugh wrote or if there was anything in his books that are inaccurate.
The story of "Rush Revere" involves Rush and his horse Liberty traveling through time. Seems totally "accurate", wouldn't you say?
He also uses the same character on his ice tea product he just released. Pop some Oxy to that one, fat boy.
PoorLittleRichCh urch

Canton, OH

#21454 Oct 26, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>The Catholic Church & it's hospitals, soup kitchens etc make it one of the largest 5 if not the largest charity in this country depending on how one compile the comparitive info & yet the Catholic Church is very often the target of denigration.
Maybe it has something to do with all of those molested children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
republicans take the senate and america gets be... Tue tommorrow 1
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Oct 18 Roger and Terri 42
Pandrangi Tower will open soon at Southwest Gen... Oct 15 Ivieivy 1
Wholesale Medical Marijuana supplier Oct 11 good stuff 1
bed bugs Sep 25 concerned bulldog 1
Man charged in Cleveland rape is now suspect in... Sep 25 Serve Justice 1
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug '14 mike 2
Westlake Dating
Find my Match

Westlake Jobs