Pops

Newport, KY

#20338 Sep 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse than that. The new tobacco tax went to expand CHIP. CHIP is a program set up by Republicans to help families who couldn't afford healthcare for their disabled or sickly child. DumBama used this money to give healthcare to children belonging to families making up to $80,000 per year plus some illegal aliens.
So Zero increased taxes on people making $20,000,$30,00,$40,000 per year to provide government healthcare to upper-middle class families.
I didn't know that. Do you have some sort of research link for that? I would like to learn more if it's out there.
I don't make much money & need a room mate since I could afford only the Spartan dwelling for myself without a room mate so this sort of stuff gets my attention when I am struggling to get along.
Frank

Mount Gilead, OH

#20339 Sep 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Worse than that. The new tobacco tax went to expand CHIP. CHIP is a program set up by Republicans to help families who couldn't afford healthcare for their disabled or sickly child. DumBama used this money to give healthcare to children belonging to families making up to $80,000 per year plus some illegal aliens.
So Zero increased taxes on people making $20,000,$30,00,$40,000 per year to provide government healthcare to upper-middle class families.
. I bet you are the center of attention, at the head of the table, with all your knowledge, at all the truck stops! Probably running off route, to hear your next news flash! Instead of always finding fault, why not improve your imagine, and run for office! Or it is easier, just complaining? Just saying!!
Pops

Newport, KY

#20340 Sep 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
And who can forget this one? It's DumBama talking to an audience saying Bush spending four trillion dollars on the Bank of China credit card was irresponsible and un-patriotic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =DyLmru6no4UXX
Add to this link; HTTP://WWW.POODWADDLE.COM/WORLDCLOCK.SWF & make comparisons for total debt, debt per person & debt per TAXPAYER!! Sad, very sad. It makes Obama out to be a very tremendous B. S'er
Pops

Newport, KY

#20341 Sep 9, 2013
I respect the office of president, that does NOT mean that I respect the holder of that office.
That's two different things.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20342 Sep 9, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
CHIP is a program set up by Republicans to help families who couldn't afford healthcare for their disabled or sickly child.
I remember it a bit differently:
"(Senator Edward)Kennedy was intrigued by a children's health insurance plan in Massachusetts that had passed in 1996, and met with a Boston Medical Center pediatrics director and a Massachusetts state legislator to discuss the feasibility of a national initiative. Kennedy also saw using an increase in tobacco taxes as a way to pay for the expanded coverage. Thus, in October 1996, Kennedy introduced a bill to provide health care coverage for children of the working poor, to be financed via a 75 cents a pack cigarette tax increase." The legislation was eventually co-sponsored by Orrin Hatch.

Did Republicans support the bill?
"Republicans also criticized the bill as an open-ended entitlement program, although it was structured as a block grant rather than an entitlement. Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott was an early opponent of the measure, calling it a "big-government program" that would not pass."
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
DumBama used this money to give healthcare to children belonging to families making up to $80,000 per year plus some illegal aliens.
Interesting, since the program is administered by states, and not by the federal government. That's why it's the "State Children's Health Insurance Program." Each state creates it's own rules.

Let's see what the cutoff is in Ohio: "In Ohio, SCHIP funds are used to expand eligibility for the state's Medicaid program. Thus all Medicaid rules and regulations (including cost sharing and benefits) apply. Children from birth through age 18 who live in families with incomes above the Medicaid thresholds in 1996 and up to 200% of the federal poverty level are eligible for the SCHIP Medicaid expansion program. In 2008, the maximum annual income needed for a family of four to fall within 100% of the federal poverty guidelines was $21,200, while 200% of the poverty guidelines was $42,400."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Children%2...
Pops

Newport, KY

#20343 Sep 9, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know that. Do you have some sort of research link for that? I would like to learn more if it's out there.
I don't make much money & need a room mate since I could afford only the Spartan dwelling for myself without a room mate so this sort of stuff gets my attention when I am struggling to get along.
How in the world could someone, anyone, judge this post; Spam, disagree & or clueless when it only ask questions & for information.
This previous post gives NO opinions or tries to make a point but is 'judged' as Spam, Clueless & Disagree!?!?
How can one disagree with a question? How can one find a question as 'Spam' or 'Clueless'???
Close minded bias is ALL OVER those judgements. How sad that there are so many closed minded, blinders on minds out there.
So Sad!
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20344 Sep 9, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't know that. Do you have some sort of research link for that? I would like to learn more if it's out there.
Pops, sorry to hear you are struggling financially. Unfortunately, the SCHIP program is aimed at the children of working poor, and not adults.

However, you sound like the kind of person that will benefit from Obamacare. Kentucky has decided to go along with the Medicaid expansion, which means low income Kentuckians will receive assistance to buy health insurance.

"ObamaCare Medicaid Expansion sets the eligibility level for Medicaid at 133% FLP, although there is a special deduction to income equal to five percentage points of the poverty level raising the effective eligibility level to 138% of poverty." Currently, the Federal poverty guideline is $11,490, so, if you make less than $15,850 a year, you will qualify.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20345 Sep 9, 2013
Oops! Forgot to include the link for that quote:
http://obamacarefacts.com/obamacares-medicaid...
Pops

Newport, KY

#20346 Sep 9, 2013
I have no dependents & at this time I make/earn a gross of $22k a year from a small company that has 31 employees counting the owners.
They offer insurance but because of the size of the company, premiums amount to 30% or so of my NET pay even tho I work about 7-8 hrs of overtime every week. Count in the deductables & co-pays it amounts to 1/2 of my net pay. That does NOT leave me money for groceries, car insurance, rent, gasoline etc but seems to put me above the 'assistance' income level.
So why should I give a diddley about Obama Care?
It doesn't include me. In fact it seems that I am blocked out.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20347 Sep 9, 2013
Pops wrote:
I have no dependents & at this time I make/earn a gross of $22k a year from a small company that has 31 employees counting the owners.
That's tough. You really aren't "poor" (in the technical poverty sense) but that's not much to live on. You are lucky you don't have any dependents.
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20348 Sep 9, 2013
Pops wrote:
I was disappointed when Obama gave up so easily on the idea of universal health care. Everyone needs access to health care. Individual insurance is quickly becoming unaffordable for people like you. Is there a fix? If you lived in Canada, you wouldn't have this worry.

The Republican alternative seems to be that uninsured people like you will not get treatment unless you can fork over the cash. I hope you are healthy.
Coffee

Waverly, OH

#20349 Sep 10, 2013
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#20350 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>' read my lips' was GHWB.*** There are WAY more than 350 pieces of 'deadwood' in congress & you pretty much used a good name for them.*** Numerous sessions of Congress VOTED for the war in Iraq or it would never have been funded & pursued.*** As far as 'mission accomplished', didn't Obama quite recently state that (paraphrasing) Al Quida has been centrally destroyed & are no longer a threat?*** The so called 'Halliburton payola' as you call it, was NOT controlled by Bush or Cheney or Condi or Collin or any other one person. Congress controls the money, remember?
What are you trying to say about any of these others seeming points ?
Lastly, why & when did I become a truck driver? And why do you use 'truck driver' in a denigrating way? Just curious about that.
That's a funny, Congress controls the money, remember. Yet you and you're far right ilk blame Obama for everything and anything that happens in the world when he can't get any co-operation at all from the House. Oh yeah, they're consistent at keeping this country held hostage while pointing the finger at Obama, while not doing there jobs while fund raising year round and showing up for six months a year and naming post offices but not much else.
Frank

Mount Gilead, OH

#20351 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
They offer insurance but because of the size of the company, premiums amount to 30% or so of my NET pay even tho I work about 7-8 hrs of overtime every week. Count in the deductables & co-pays it amounts to 1/2 of my net pay. That does NOT leave me money for groceries, car insurance, rent, gasoline etc but seems to put me above the 'assistance' income level.
. Insurance has been about $6000 a year for decades- either you have not had it , somebody else has paid it or your on welfare-again! Sounds like at your age, you have realized you have to have it! Get another job, or get on what you hate, "Welfare"!! Everyone with your life results needs custom health care and housing! Don't you think?? You got time for a job- your on this forum 24-7!!! Just saying!
Sharpee

Chillicothe, OH

#20352 Sep 10, 2013
RODGER MOORE as govenur and Jack Eaveson as vice govenur
Annie

Twinsburg, OH

#20353 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
Could you explain exactly what the Obama Care that you don't give diddly about is? I don't know diddly about it and neither does anyone I know. I do know that there is not one idea or decision that Obama has made that I agree with. I'm so sick of his stuttering speeches, that while I like to keep informed (thus the reason I asked you the question} I've made plans to meet with friends at 6:00 pm. for dinner.
Annie

Twinsburg, OH

#20354 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> You omitted a brand new tax, the tax on Tanning Beds. Take a guess which income group(s) use Tanning Beds.
So Obama not only raised a tax (tobacco) he created a whole new one.
I'm sure the tobacco tax and the tanning tax doesn't affect Obama at all. I wonder who buys his menthols?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20356 Sep 10, 2013
Annie wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the tobacco tax and the tanning tax doesn't affect Obama at all. I wonder who buys his menthols?
Probably stocks up overseas when he's on one of his 100 million dollar taxpayer vacations. LOL!
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20357 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
No, even at your income, you will be forced to buy health insurance or pay the so-called tax. The tax will increase every year so don't get too used to the smaller tax now.

Supposedly, they will use your income on a sliding-scale to determine how much the federal government will pay into your premium costs. I don't know what that calculation is though.
Annie

Twinsburg, OH

#20358 Sep 10, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>How in the world could someone, anyone, judge this post; Spam, disagree & or clueless when it only ask questions & for information.
This previous post gives NO opinions or tries to make a point but is 'judged' as Spam, Clueless & Disagree!?!?
How can one disagree with a question? How can one find a question as 'Spam' or 'Clueless'???
Close minded bias is ALL OVER those judgements. How sad that there are so many closed minded, blinders on minds out there.
So Sad!
I entirely agree with you. You asked a very polite innocuous question. I feel badly that you are even concerned or affected by the stupid little judgey things.When a decent intelligent person posts a thoughtful question, the devils will come out to conquer and divide and confuse and misinterpret.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just Moved Here! Are There Any Indoor Basketbal... Dec 8 Jake777 1
Review: Fifth Third Bank Nov 26 dorothy a beckwith 1
Disabled people can't use Olmsted Falls library (Feb '11) Nov 24 Helen8809 5
North Ridgeville Internet Providers (Nov '07) Nov '14 MaryEllen Minter 5
Items (Oct '11) Nov '14 Kim 2
Trick or treating Nov '14 Jessica 1
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug '14 mike 2
Westlake Dating
Find my Match

Westlake People Search