Pops

Newport, KY

#20136 Aug 27, 2013
PopsIsAWeasel wrote:
Now throw your little tantrum, and claim you won't post on here anymore. That lasted a whole day. be sure you eat those FACTS.
YOUR lack of comprehension is exactly one of the reasons that I have lost interest in this thread. I NEVER said that I would NEVER respond to another post.
It is fruitless to carry on a conversation with someone that YEARS behind in scholastic aptitude!
It is equally fruitless to post with a nano-brain that ONLY posts their convaluted, twisted, name calling position.
It is one thing to point out that someone is an idiot or a putz like you are. It is another thing to call derogatively someone a 'Teabagger" with NO basis even when being a Teabagger is NOT a negative but only an opposing point of view as being a Marxist, Liberal, Progressive, Conservative, Independent etc would be.
Such is the FIRST Amendment allows & protects.
YOU are a perfect example of one that has a weak position to present, they (YOU) then call others 'diaper wearers'
,'racists' & more because their (your) position is without merit.
Why have YOU NOT responded to Batavia Pops?
Answer: Your position is as clear as muddy water.
Once again YOU make me so very happy to NOT be part of YOUR family genome. Thank you, thank you, thank you so very much.
Plain and Simple

Newport, KY

#20137 Aug 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
A fact is something that can be proven, not something a liberal makes up.
Oil and Gas Company Tax Breaks
Posted on February 28, 2008
Oil Company Tax Breaks?
Both leading Democratic candidates have referred to tax breaks to oil companies:
Both candidates are referring to H.R. 6, the 2005 energy bill that contained $14.3 billion in subsidies for energy companies. However, as we’ve reported numerous times, a vast majority of those subsidies (all but $2.8 billion) were for nuclear power, energy-efficient cars and buildings, and renewable fuels research. In addition, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service, the tax changes in the 2005 energy bill produced a net tax increase for the oil and gas companies, as we’ve reported time and time and time again. They did get some breaks, but they had more taken away.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/oil-and-gas-...
Gee, let me think now. Who was President back in 2005? WTF was in Congress in 2005?
How's them facts doing you Canton?
I could not have said it better.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20138 Aug 27, 2013
XXX scores with a backboard shattering slam dunk........and spikes the ball after!!!!
Well said!
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20139 Aug 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oil Company Tax Breaks?
"One major tax break for energy companies is a nearly century-old benefit letting them deduct "intangible drilling costs" (IDC) immediately rather than over time.

Most of the IDC is for the labor costs of drilling a well.

Legislation drafted by Democratic Senator Robert Menendez would limit this break, among others. Ending it completely would raise $14 billion over a decade, according to the White House."

"Many tax experts across the political spectrum said the IDC is a clear exception made for oil."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/26/us-...

United States

#20140 Aug 28, 2013
Why do people want to tax production? Eliminate all taxes except consumption tax and the economy would grow again and eliminate unemployment.
Concerned voter

Mansfield, OH

#20141 Aug 28, 2013
Before voting for any democrat, take a look at all the states that are either broke, or going broke, because of all thr free stuff. I' m not at all against helping people, but we have to look at how these giveaways are going to be paid for! No more free lunches!
Oopsie Fact Time

Canton, OH

#20142 Aug 28, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
XXX scores with a backboard shattering slam dunk........and spikes the ball after!!!!
Well said!
The founder of the institution where trucker boy got his "facts"? Walter Annenberg, who served under Presidents Nixon and Reagan.

Too bad he was slamming that ball in the other team's basket. Now back to REAL facts.
Oopsie Fact Time

Canton, OH

#20143 Aug 28, 2013
Concerned voter wrote:
Before voting for any democrat, take a look at all the states that are either broke, or going broke, because of all thr free stuff. I' m not at all against helping people, but we have to look at how these giveaways are going to be paid for! No more free lunches!
Sorry. Worked hard my entire life. Just like every Democrat I have ever met. Haven't been handed anything free except for GW Bush's $300 apology check. Now about those tax dodgers...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20144 Aug 28, 2013
Concerned voter wrote:
Before voting for any democrat... No more free lunches!
"Even as Republicans gripe about deficit spending, their states get 30 cents more federal spending per tax dollar than their Democratic neighbors."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/11/s...
Oopsie Fact Time

Canton, OH

#20145 Aug 28, 2013
In the United States, credible estimates of annual fossil fuel subsidies range from $14 billion to $52 billion annually, while even efforts to remove small portions of those subsidies have been defeated in Congress.

Wonder who in Congress keeps stopping those freebies being handed out to big oil companies? Up to $52 billion in free ride hand-outs?

Here let me get out of the way of the Conservative rage over this obvious free loading scheme. Cue the crickets...
Oopsie Fact Time

Canton, OH

#20146 Aug 28, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwwwww you didn't get a mom and pop trust fund? That's too darn bad. Suck it up buttercup. Youll be getting all them there feeebies that you voted for your whole life soon enough... just keep hoping for hope and change.....and click yer heals together.... ROFLMAO
And you keep bragging about high moral standards??? You're like a hemophiliac that wants to take up fencing.
I see. So when I claimed you were just another free ride, silver spoon who hasn't worked an honest day in his life, I nailed it right on the head. Thanks for clearing that up. Now if you don't mind, I would rather get my advice from someone who isn't just another sweater vest, country club boy and who can appreciate EARNING everything they own. Oh, and be sure to pay those taxes. Pay them real pretty like. You leeches on society have to pay the piper someday.
Michelle

Cleveland, OH

#20147 Aug 28, 2013
Strickland

United States

#20148 Aug 28, 2013
Oopsie Fact Time wrote:
<quoted text>
I see. So when I claimed you were just another free ride, silver spoon who hasn't worked an honest day in his life, I nailed it right on the head. Thanks for clearing that up. Now if you don't mind, I would rather get my advice from someone who isn't just another sweater vest, country club boy and who can appreciate EARNING everything they own. Oh, and be sure to pay those taxes. Pay them real pretty like. You leeches on society have to pay the piper someday.
You've never worked a days worth of work in your life.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#20149 Aug 28, 2013
Oopsie Fact Time wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one of the most twisted thinking people in the world or you are good at acting like it. Either way you earn 5 stars in either category.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20150 Aug 28, 2013
Oopsie Fact Time wrote:
In the United States, credible estimates of annual fossil fuel subsidies range from $14 billion to $52 billion annually, while even efforts to remove small portions of those subsidies have been defeated in Congress.
Wonder who in Congress keeps stopping those freebies being handed out to big oil companies? Up to $52 billion in free ride hand-outs?
Here let me get out of the way of the Conservative rage over this obvious free loading scheme. Cue the crickets...
Using a very broad definition applied by Oil Change International, the term “subsidies” refers to:“any government action that lowers the cost of fossil fuel energy production, raises the price received by energy producers, or lowers the price paid by consumers.” So based upon the first of these criteria, let’s assume that the president is referring to three types of oil and gas company tax “loopholes”: 1) an oil depletion allowance; 2) expensing drilling costs; and 3), a credit for taxes paid to foreign nations during foreign operations (a foreign tax credit). Yet in one form or another, these same advantages are extended to other industries as well, and often with more generous benefits.

The oil and gas extraction and refining has already been singled out to receive even fewer tax breaks than other industries. Whereas Section 199 of the “American Job Creation Act of 2004” provides a 9% deduction from net income for businesses engaged in “qualified production activities”, oil and gas was penalized and limited to a 6% deduction. Passed with strong bipartisan congressional support, the intent was to provide a competitive advantage to domestic companies engaged in product manufacturing, sales, leasing or licensing, and production-related software activities.

Many manufacturing industries, including farm equipment, appliances and pharmaceuticals take advantage of the full Section 199 deduction. Even highly profitable companies like Microsoft and Apple get those breaks, as do some foreign companies that operate factories in the U.S.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/07...
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20151 Aug 28, 2013
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"One major tax break for energy companies is a nearly century-old benefit letting them deduct "intangible drilling costs" (IDC) immediately rather than over time.
Most of the IDC is for the labor costs of drilling a well.
Legislation drafted by Democratic Senator Robert Menendez would limit this break, among others. Ending it completely would raise $14 billion over a decade, according to the White House."
"Many tax experts across the political spectrum said the IDC is a clear exception made for oil."
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/26/us-...
Oil depletion allowances, the first category, principally apply to small independent producers, with similar benefits available for all mineral extraction, timber industries, etc., allowing them to pass the depletion on to individual investors. Large integrated corporations haven’t been eligible for these since the mid-1970s. Expensing indirect drilling costs involves writing off expenses in the year incurred rather than capitalizing them and writing them off over several years. Closing this “loophole” would only change the timing of taking the expense, not the total amounts of the so-called “subsidy”.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/07...
MARY

Anonymous Proxy

#20152 Aug 28, 2013
HERE'S SMALLEST MAN IN THE WORLD

READ HERE

http://goo.gl/aF5phj
You dishonored your Oath

Logan, OH

#20153 Aug 28, 2013
John Kasich are you going to fill the vacancy of judge in Logan County that Michael L. Brady refused by not filing his bond? He not only has violated the Ohio Constitution and Statutes but Federal 5 USC 2906!

Or are you going to keep sweeping this under the rug because it is a Republican county and praying nobody cares??

Our forefathers would be ashamed I am sure....
Wth

Brooklyn, NY

#20154 Aug 28, 2013
You people must be really bored
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20155 Aug 28, 2013
Wth wrote:
You people must be really bored
Fire calling the kettle black?????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bed bugs Sep 25 concerned bulldog 1
Man charged in Cleveland rape is now suspect in... Sep 25 Serve Justice 1
Voices From The Dark Descend on Lakewood to Des... Sep 23 Culture Auditor 1
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
April Marie Tinsley Case and Amy Renee Mihalije... Sep 15 Advanced Technology 5
Cut screen interpreted as attempted break in: O... Sep 14 BLB 1
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191

Westlake Jobs

Westlake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Westlake News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Westlake

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]