Pops

Newport, KY

#20127 Aug 24, 2013
on this topic/post There are more & more posters that can NOT agree to simply disagree & consequently call other posters diaper wearers,'tea baggers' racists etc with NO basis what so ever other than they are close minded so I will post much less if at all.
Have a good time folks
EatThoseFacts

Canton, OH

#20128 Aug 26, 2013
Waaaaah. I called the Republicans racists. Here's what you call a "baseless" claim...

http://republicansareracists.com/
EatThoseFacts

Canton, OH

#20129 Aug 26, 2013
I also claimed that the GOP like little kids...a whole lot. Baseless? Let's see...

http://armchairsubversive.blogspot.com/
EatThoseFacts

Canton, OH

#20130 Aug 26, 2013
Texas Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), a libertarian hero, last year said that allowing Social Security to exist is akin to permitting slavery. But during an appearance on MSNBC’s Morning Joe today, Paul admitted to the Huffington Post’s Sam Stein that he collects Social Security checks anyway.
Pops

Newport, KY

#20131 Aug 26, 2013
EatThoseFacts wrote:
Texas Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), a libertarian hero, last year said that allowing Social Security to exist is akin to permitting slavery. But during an appearance on MSNBC’s Morning Joe today, Paul admitted to the Huffington Post’s Sam Stein that he collects Social Security checks anyway.
He's been paying in like countless others, why not get some back?
Are you saying that you would decline collecting SS?
PopsIsAWeasel978 3

Canton, OH

#20132 Aug 27, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>He's been paying in like countless others, why not get some back?
Are you saying that you would decline collecting SS?
No, I have never claimed I would turn down the Social Security I have paid into my whole life. But then again, I'm not trying to rip off the younger generations of theirs. The GOP should change it's nickname to IGM. I got mine.
PopsIsAWeasel

Canton, OH

#20133 Aug 27, 2013
Now throw your little tantrum, and claim you won't post on here anymore. That lasted a whole day. Just be sure you eat those FACTS.
PopsIsAWeasel

Canton, OH

#20134 Aug 27, 2013
You guys claim you want to stop these government handouts and free rides. I know. Let's start with the $70 billion in subsidies, with most going to the oil and gas sector.

Wonder why no outrage from your camp about those freebies being handed out? Oh...that's right.

Every Tea Party politician is directly paid by oil billionaires and you guys are corporate fetch boys.

How's them FACTS doing you?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#20135 Aug 27, 2013
PopsIsAWeasel wrote:
You guys claim you want to stop these government handouts and free rides. I know. Let's start with the $70 billion in subsidies, with most going to the oil and gas sector.
Wonder why no outrage from your camp about those freebies being handed out? Oh...that's right.
Every Tea Party politician is directly paid by oil billionaires and you guys are corporate fetch boys.
How's them FACTS doing you?
A fact is something that can be proven, not something a liberal makes up.

Oil and Gas Company Tax Breaks
Posted on February 28, 2008

Oil Company Tax Breaks?
Both leading Democratic candidates have referred to tax breaks to oil companies:

Both candidates are referring to H.R. 6, the 2005 energy bill that contained $14.3 billion in subsidies for energy companies. However, as we’ve reported numerous times, a vast majority of those subsidies (all but $2.8 billion) were for nuclear power, energy-efficient cars and buildings, and renewable fuels research. In addition, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service, the tax changes in the 2005 energy bill produced a net tax increase for the oil and gas companies, as we’ve reported time and time and time again. They did get some breaks, but they had more taken away.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/oil-and-gas-...

Gee, let me think now. Who was President back in 2005? WTF was in Congress in 2005?

How's them facts doing you Canton?
Pops

Newport, KY

#20136 Aug 27, 2013
PopsIsAWeasel wrote:
Now throw your little tantrum, and claim you won't post on here anymore. That lasted a whole day. be sure you eat those FACTS.
YOUR lack of comprehension is exactly one of the reasons that I have lost interest in this thread. I NEVER said that I would NEVER respond to another post.
It is fruitless to carry on a conversation with someone that YEARS behind in scholastic aptitude!
It is equally fruitless to post with a nano-brain that ONLY posts their convaluted, twisted, name calling position.
It is one thing to point out that someone is an idiot or a putz like you are. It is another thing to call derogatively someone a 'Teabagger" with NO basis even when being a Teabagger is NOT a negative but only an opposing point of view as being a Marxist, Liberal, Progressive, Conservative, Independent etc would be.
Such is the FIRST Amendment allows & protects.
YOU are a perfect example of one that has a weak position to present, they (YOU) then call others 'diaper wearers'
,'racists' & more because their (your) position is without merit.
Why have YOU NOT responded to Batavia Pops?
Answer: Your position is as clear as muddy water.
Once again YOU make me so very happy to NOT be part of YOUR family genome. Thank you, thank you, thank you so very much.
Plain and Simple

Newport, KY

#20137 Aug 27, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
A fact is something that can be proven, not something a liberal makes up.
Oil and Gas Company Tax Breaks
Posted on February 28, 2008
Oil Company Tax Breaks?
Both leading Democratic candidates have referred to tax breaks to oil companies:
Both candidates are referring to H.R. 6, the 2005 energy bill that contained $14.3 billion in subsidies for energy companies. However, as we’ve reported numerous times, a vast majority of those subsidies (all but $2.8 billion) were for nuclear power, energy-efficient cars and buildings, and renewable fuels research. In addition, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service, the tax changes in the 2005 energy bill produced a net tax increase for the oil and gas companies, as we’ve reported time and time and time again. They did get some breaks, but they had more taken away.
http://www.factcheck.org/2008/02/oil-and-gas-...
Gee, let me think now. Who was President back in 2005? WTF was in Congress in 2005?
How's them facts doing you Canton?
I could not have said it better.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20138 Aug 27, 2013
XXX scores with a backboard shattering slam dunk........and spikes the ball after!!!!
Well said!
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20139 Aug 28, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Oil Company Tax Breaks?
"One major tax break for energy companies is a nearly century-old benefit letting them deduct "intangible drilling costs" (IDC) immediately rather than over time.

Most of the IDC is for the labor costs of drilling a well.

Legislation drafted by Democratic Senator Robert Menendez would limit this break, among others. Ending it completely would raise $14 billion over a decade, according to the White House."

"Many tax experts across the political spectrum said the IDC is a clear exception made for oil."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/26/us-...

Since: Aug 12

United States

#20140 Aug 28, 2013
Why do people want to tax production? Eliminate all taxes except consumption tax and the economy would grow again and eliminate unemployment.
Concerned voter

Mansfield, OH

#20141 Aug 28, 2013
Before voting for any democrat, take a look at all the states that are either broke, or going broke, because of all thr free stuff. I' m not at all against helping people, but we have to look at how these giveaways are going to be paid for! No more free lunches!
Oopsie Fact Time

Canton, OH

#20142 Aug 28, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
XXX scores with a backboard shattering slam dunk........and spikes the ball after!!!!
Well said!
The founder of the institution where trucker boy got his "facts"? Walter Annenberg, who served under Presidents Nixon and Reagan.

Too bad he was slamming that ball in the other team's basket. Now back to REAL facts.
Oopsie Fact Time

Canton, OH

#20143 Aug 28, 2013
Concerned voter wrote:
Before voting for any democrat, take a look at all the states that are either broke, or going broke, because of all thr free stuff. I' m not at all against helping people, but we have to look at how these giveaways are going to be paid for! No more free lunches!
Sorry. Worked hard my entire life. Just like every Democrat I have ever met. Haven't been handed anything free except for GW Bush's $300 apology check. Now about those tax dodgers...
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#20144 Aug 28, 2013
Concerned voter wrote:
Before voting for any democrat... No more free lunches!
"Even as Republicans gripe about deficit spending, their states get 30 cents more federal spending per tax dollar than their Democratic neighbors."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/11/s...
Oopsie Fact Time

Canton, OH

#20145 Aug 28, 2013
In the United States, credible estimates of annual fossil fuel subsidies range from $14 billion to $52 billion annually, while even efforts to remove small portions of those subsidies have been defeated in Congress.

Wonder who in Congress keeps stopping those freebies being handed out to big oil companies? Up to $52 billion in free ride hand-outs?

Here let me get out of the way of the Conservative rage over this obvious free loading scheme. Cue the crickets...
Oopsie Fact Time

Canton, OH

#20146 Aug 28, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwwwww you didn't get a mom and pop trust fund? That's too darn bad. Suck it up buttercup. Youll be getting all them there feeebies that you voted for your whole life soon enough... just keep hoping for hope and change.....and click yer heals together.... ROFLMAO
And you keep bragging about high moral standards??? You're like a hemophiliac that wants to take up fencing.
I see. So when I claimed you were just another free ride, silver spoon who hasn't worked an honest day in his life, I nailed it right on the head. Thanks for clearing that up. Now if you don't mind, I would rather get my advice from someone who isn't just another sweater vest, country club boy and who can appreciate EARNING everything they own. Oh, and be sure to pay those taxes. Pay them real pretty like. You leeches on society have to pay the piper someday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Westlake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obituaries 10/26/11 (Nov '11) Dec 25 Roger and Terri 43
Just Moved Here! Are There Any Indoor Basketbal... Dec 8 Jake777 1
Review: Fifth Third Bank Nov '14 dorothy a beckwith 1
Disabled people can't use Olmsted Falls library (Feb '11) Nov '14 Helen8809 5
North Ridgeville Internet Providers (Nov '07) Nov '14 MaryEllen Minter 5
Items (Oct '11) Nov '14 Kim 2
FitzGerald says there was nothing improper in 2... Aug '14 mike 2
Westlake Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web